coolest111

coolest111

Journeyman
we can always stop the connection.....:p

here is the link....
Aircel iPhone 3GS | Delhi, Aircel Plans for iPhone 3GS

tkin

Back to school!!
Add 3k to that ....9999 (for the advanced rental)
Also add 3k more to that, cause you have to top up with 3k to get 3G data.

Cost comes @ 10k+500 per month for 12 months, then 399/- per month.

So 16k down payment for 12 months use, if someone loses the phone he just lost 6k(apart from phone price).

Skipping :-?

ece2k2

Broken In
just ordered one. Total cost works out to a little more than 13k (iphone and Aircel SIM with unlimited 3g for 12 months).

Planning to use the phone with my BSNL SIM for voice calls. Going to use the Aircel SIM in my datacard - purely for mobile internet.

Pretty good deal IMO.

SunE

Professional Newbie
You guyz crazy or what?!! I can't believe people are actually ordering this. I mean a 3GS???!!! If it were a iPhone 4 at least I would've considered but 13k for a 3GS is just too much. You can get plenty of good phones for the same price.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
does not date like other models, in fact phones dont date like that any more at all, the SII is a great deal, forget thinking about individual phones, it's your entire ecosystem that will thrive or go down, if and when it gets dated, it's still at least a great ipod
but a refurbed 3GS has been available at 14999 for months now, if the shop purchases second hand phones then you can get the a new 3GS for about that much, (new one being 19999 for months now) wondering why people are waking up to this deal now, looks like a further price drop made the difference

gz to those who got it

tkin

Back to school!!
just ordered one. Total cost works out to a little more than 13k (iphone and Aircel SIM with unlimited 3g for 12 months).

Planning to use the phone with my BSNL SIM for voice calls. Going to use the Aircel SIM in my datacard - purely for mobile internet.

Pretty good deal IMO.
I think it will be locked to Aircel Sim only, just like in USA.

does not date like other models, in fact phones dont date like that any more at all, the SII is a great deal, forget thinking about individual phones, it's your entire ecosystem that will thrive or go down, if and when it gets dated, it's still at least a great ipod
but a refurbed 3GS has been available at 14999 for months now, if the shop purchases second hand phones then you can get the a new 3GS for about that much, (new one being 19999 for months now) wondering why people are waking up to this deal now, looks like a further price drop made the difference

gz to those who got it
Your post seems a bit jumbled up, doesn't make clear sense.

Trolling?

You guyz crazy or what?!! I can't believe people are actually ordering this. I mean a 3GS???!!! If it were a iPhone 4 at least I would've considered but 13k for a 3GS is just too much. You can get plenty of good phones for the same price.
For example?

SunE

Professional Newbie
^^ Any other android or windows phone of the same price range is much more VFM than the limited and extremely dated 3GS.

tkin

Back to school!!
^^ Any other android or windows phone of the same price range is much more VFM than the limited and extremely dated 3GS.
Just give an example.

Also note iPhone 3GS is still supported by software updates from apple.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Here's a complete post of the phone, details of plans and WHERE TO BUY ONLINE

Aircel iPhone 3GS for Rs. 9,999 - Buy it online now

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ok will try to organize that better
the logic that "this phone is dated" does not apply to some models, because having compatible models across the ecosystem is a vital part of the phone's design
when you buy an android phone, you think about what future releases the model will support
3GS is still getting updates, ofc not all the updates for the features of the 4 and 4S, and it is next in line to become obsolete after the iPhone 3G, but it's not there yet, and there is some time to go, enough to experience and enjoy the benefits of the iOS platform

hmm look at phone ranges offered 2-3 generations ago, before touchscreens became the norm, many of these phones are better than the newer generation phones simply because not everyone was running behind a touchscreen and making the rest of the phone cheaper

ece2k2

Broken In
I think it will be locked to Aircel Sim only, just like in USA.

Atleast the spec doesn't say so - "The handset is not locked for any specific operator. However, the plan benefits worth Rs.3000 will be applicable only if you use the Aircel SIM card & take the specific bundled plan"

Others who are wondering about the reason behind my purchase, there are quite a few of them:

- I did try my best to find a nice phone (with reasonable battery life and manufacturer warranty) for 10k but couldn't find one.

- though I can afford to get 30-40k phone, I believe in reasonably priced phones because of two reasons - they depreciate very fast and my usage is pretty limited

- mandatory 3k plan purchase (3g data plan for 12 months) is useful for me and is not going to go down the drain

- I got a samsung galaxy R for my wife a few months back and I don't want a similarly spec'ed phone either. If I need a change, I can always swap the phone to experience the Android. I think that having an iphone helps in adding some variety here.

- I use the phone just for calls, internet and navigation. I just don't get time to tweak the phone, play games or try out different apps.

- I am very sure that this phone is going to retain its value for some more time - atleast better than the other 10k phones can manage. So, I "might" get a better price for apple iphone 3gs during my next upgrade.

tkin

Back to school!!
Atleast the spec doesn't say so - "The handset is not locked for any specific operator. However, the plan benefits worth Rs.3000 will be applicable only if you use the Aircel SIM card & take the specific bundled plan"

Others who are wondering about the reason behind my purchase, there are quite a few of them:

- I did try my best to find a nice phone (with reasonable battery life and manufacturer warranty) for 10k but couldn't find one.

- though I can afford to get 30-40k phone, I believe in reasonably priced phones because of two reasons - they depreciate very fast and my usage is pretty limited

- mandatory 3k plan purchase (3g data plan for 12 months) is useful for me and is not going to go down the drain

- I got a samsung galaxy R for my wife a few months back and I don't want a similarly spec'ed phone either. If I need a change, I can always swap the phone to experience the Android. I think that having an iphone helps in adding some variety here.

- I use the phone just for calls, internet and navigation. I just don't get time to tweak the phone, play games or try out different apps.

- I am very sure that this phone is going to retain its value for some more time - atleast better than the other 10k phones can manage. So, I "might" get a better price for apple iphone 3gs during my next upgrade.
You better ask aircel store salesman to explain the terms, they are selling the 3GS for 17k to prepaid users, why would they sell it to postpaid users @ 13k?

Top Bottom