Inviting Stll More Opinions on Panasonic FZ47 (or) Canon SX240 Hs

sujoyp

Grand Master
yaah buying a class 10 memory card is a one time investment ...if u ever shoot video :)

else class 6 is fine...I use class 6 card sandisk ultra card on my DSLR and it can easily shoot 720P and burst shots :)

OP
T

titlingkm

Broken In
hi nac.. i made some clicks its really great and i dont knw how to post and share .. pls help me..
and
and to other learners.. here is the link i found to THE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY BY SCOTT KELBY for free download..

All You Like - The Digital Photography Book

also in this website u can download volume.4 too...which is recent book and for advance learners..

Rockstar11

Technomancer
Thanks Nac and SujoyP

hi nac.. i made some clicks its really great and i dont knw how to post and share .. pls help me..
and
and to other learners.. here is the link i found to THE DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY BY SCOTT KELBY for free download..

All You Like - The Digital Photography Book

also in this website u can download volume.4 too...which is recent book and for advance learners..

upload Canon SX240 Hs video (zoom video and low light video)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
titiling,
Upload your images in image sharing sites like flickr, imageshack and share the link here...

clickclick

Journeyman
Ordered? Anyways whichever you order, you'll forget the other in a week and will start loving your cam

what is the time lag between pics in sx240?

I havent ordered mine yet. Finalized sx160 but then once again thought of increasing the budget and now confused again, didnt want to start a new thread so asking here,

sx240 vs tz25 vs fz47 vs fz60 vs hx200v?

Thanks

hellosubho01

Broken In
Just a question to the pros here....What is the limit of memory that will SX 240 HS will support???can it take a 32 GB class IV SANDISK SDHC card & function without problem??

clickclick

Journeyman
Just a question to the pros here....What is the limit of memory that will SX 240 HS will support???can it take a 32 GB class IV SANDISK SDHC card & function without problem??

Yes i guess, but for videos class 6 or class 10 is advised.

^ Then kick it out...

SX240 vs FZ60

Nac,

If u dont mind helping me out with the ISO noise of sx240 and fz60, please check out the below two links, open them simultaneously and compare them together.

sx240>fz60?

*www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Canon_PowerShot_SX240_HS_SX260_HS/high_ISO_noise.shtml

*www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_FZ60_FZ62/high_ISO_noise.shtml

Thanks

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Click, Yeah I checked and I am sure SX240 is better. Can't use 100% crop above ISO-400 of both the cameras.

clickclick

Journeyman
Click, Yeah I checked and I am sure SX240 is better. Can't use 100% crop above ISO-400 of both the cameras.

Nac,

I am also getting a new sx40 for 16.7k, though its discontinued, what say do u have about it? how is the performance and spec compared to sx240?

Thanks

nac

Aspiring Novelist
If it's brand new, better buy it before it goes out of stock...

And share us where the stock is...

clickclick

Journeyman
actually i ll be ordering it in the US and a relative would get it for me. The only problem is it would have a US warranty and not worldwide warranty. Yes, its brand new.

So what? SX40 or SX240?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't think US warranty will be valid in India. If you are buying online, they do sell cameras without warranty there in US (I think). So you can save some money...

200% SX40

aadi007

Journeyman
some excerpts from the cameralabs review of FZ60 -
" Then factor in a higher resolution MOS sensor which produces great quality images with excellent high ISO noise perfomance and it starts to look like a bargain"

"Compared with the crops from the Sony CyberShot HX200V the Panasonic FZ60 / FZ62 stands up very well indeed. The Cyber-shot HX200V crops have a punchier more contrasty look about them with harder edges, but they also look more processed and the FZ60 / FZ62 crops are more natural-looking. The chromatic aberration problem is slightly worse on the Cyber-shot HX200V and like the FZ60 / FZ62, there's no RAW shooting mode, so correction isn't an option."

"Compared with the Fujifilm FinePix HS30 EXR, the FZ60 / FZ62 crops fare better all round. "

Does not look like high ISO/noise performance is anyway bad in FZ60 obviously considering the same class of cameras.
Plus you get whole lot of features in FZ60, a better battery, powerful flash, bigger zoom etc..
Think about it

clickclick

Journeyman
I have gone crazy for choosing the perfect P&S for me. I have kicked out SX240 and SX40 from the league because of the pathetic and senseless thing has canon done.

In sx240/260 and sx40 when shooting in manual, av, tv, p mode "with shutter speeds of 1.3 seconds or slower, ISO speed is "ISO 100" and cannot be changed" this is what the camera user guide says.

Where as there is nothing like this in sx30/sx130/sx150/sx160.

Below is the youtube link explaining the problem by a user who owned sx30 and owns sx40.

Canon PowerShot SX40 ISO limits time-exposure night shots. - YouTube

I very well know that this can be solved with the CHDK, but i would not want to hack my new camera in warranty with some third party firmware/software whatever it is.

Considering Panasonic PZ60 again. SX160IS is still in the league.

Side by side user guide comparison image-

*i49.tinypic.com/2drus84.jpg

Top Bottom