Interstellar (2014) Movie Discussion *Spoilers Ahead*

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
there was an incident in Mahabharata, when Kalyavan is chasing Krishna, and Krishna hiding inside a cave,in the cave there was a man sleeping for long long time as a reward from Indra. His name was King Muchukunda ,Krishna puts his cloth on Muchukunda,and hides somewhere, when Kalyavan reaches there he thinks he is Krishna and wakes him up to fight, Now Muchukund wakes up and kills Kalyavan.

OK so what the point of this story here. Go to below link and read it carefully

Muchukunda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"O king, we, the deities are indebted to you for the help and protection which you have given us, by sacrificing your own family life. Here in the heaven, one year equals three hundred and sixty years of the earth. Since, it has been a long time, there is no sign of your kingdom and family because it has been destroyed with the passage of time. We are happy and pleased with you, so ask for any boon except Moksha(liberation) because Moksha(liberation) is beyond our capacities".

King Muchukunda helped Devas on their planet to fight with Asuras, he spent one year there, however when he returns on Earth its a long long time has been passed and all his kingdom and family is gone. Mahabharat is ancient text, and you will find this type of explanation in many of Puranas and Vedas.

Our ancient litreture is full of science and knowledge.

singleindian

Journeyman
The science behind the movie 'Interstellar' explained (Infographic) | ScienceDump

- - - Updated - - -

i think only the shuttle attached with the mother ship, where did all the fuel go ?

some people think otherwise : :D (if u donno the author, google up ! )
*i.imgur.com/LnQOG5A.jpg

thats his opinion.what we see in film is nolans:-D

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
right now i'm wondering if cooper had already transcended space and time and figured how to concoct and stabilize enough negative energy to sustain a worm-hole in future, why did he not simply just write a book and place it in the Library instead of haunting his beloved daughter by flipping books and finally tapping Morse code through the watch? Would the most daunting solution of the quantum-stellar equation of all time not take fking forever to transmit that way ?
Actually if he wrote a book there is no guarantee murph would have read it. He was sure that murph will take the watch (because of love) and hence will find the data.
What I don't get is how copper got the co ordinates? If he did not knew he could not have gone to the NASA station and hence could not be able into the five dimensional tesseract.

One possible explanation may be is Murphy's law. Cooper going to NASA was bound to happen. So may be he stumbled upon it or something. And when he ended up in the tesseract he communicated. And starting the current events? Any ideas?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Murphy's law does not state anything that can happen will happen, that is Nolan's law
Murphy's law is "Anything that can go wrong, will". Nothing else.
this is exactly why the movie can give out the wrong message

Where did Coop get the co ordinates from, yeah that is known as a Bootstrap paradox. The information of the co-ordinates to the NASA base has no clear origin because the person went back in time and gave it to himself.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
Murphy's law does not state anything that can happen will happen, that is Nolan's law
Murphy's law is "Anything that can go wrong, will". Nothing else.
this is exactly why the movie can give out the wrong message

Where did Coop get the co ordinates from, yeah that is known as a Bootstrap paradox. The information of the co-ordinates to the NASA base has no clear origin because the person went back in time and gave it to himself.
Agreed on that. But from Cooper's perspective going into space went wrong. He missed his child growing up, could not be there when they needed him. So muphy's law is applicable in Cooper's frame of reference. Anyway that's my point of view

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^haha that's a brilliant interpretation. Bet Nolan didn't think of that. Yes, the real Murphy's law seems to apply to Coop.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Actually if he wrote a book there is no guarantee????!!![/B] murph would have read it. He was sure that murph will take the watch (because of love) and hence will find the data.
What I don't get is how copper got the co ordinates? If he did not knew he could not have gone to the NASA station and hence could not be able into the five dimensional tesseract.

One possible explanation may be is Murphy's law. Cooper going to NASA was bound to happen. So may be he stumbled upon it or something. And when he ended up in the tesseract he communicated. And starting the current events? Any ideas?

are you sure that if cooper had wrote the most important book in human history, he wouldnt name it in BIG BOLD BLOCK LETTERS WITH something like "PLEAAAASE FKINGGGG REAAAD ME YOU DUMB B*TCH COZ THIS GONNA SAVE YOUR ASS" and hard bind with platinum and put it in the library, so that it looks important??. You do realize the fact also that cooper and his daughter had this ludicrously made-important talent in this movie called "I remember every god damn book in that cell" not only that "while I am floating in physically conventionalized forward light-cone of time known as 5th dimention of looooouuvee, i can identify books in my library from the SIDE OF THE PAGES!?"

nipunmaster

MuSiC AnD GaMiNg
For me, this was the best movie I have seen in a theater by now. The music kept me gripping that "now something will happen". It literally put the heart in the mouth for a long enough time :lol:
The visuals were amazing, never seen anything like that. And just imagining what happened with the lead actor makes my hair stand! When came out of the cinema, the hallway seemed like another dimension for some moments :shock:

Cyberghost

Federal Agent Area 51
Staff member
Interstellar 9/10

Pros:
1. Good story
2. Amazing visual effects
3. Deep knowledge to quantum gravity,astrophysics

Cons:
1. Description about the blackhole is not correct

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sitting in theater. Movie about to start in 5 min... :hyper:

And the seat is the middle one horizontally as well as vertically. :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Half way in .. The interval. Copper and other explorers are traveling to the other galaxy. Only foundation is laid in first half. Audience saying it's a boring film. I say lol to them. Some mind bending stuff will follow now.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Half way in .. The interval. Copper and other explorers are traveling to the other galaxy. Only foundation is laid in first half. Audience saying it's a boring film. I say lol to them. Some mind bending stuff will follow now.

audience is pure :censored: of audience here.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here the audience was on the other end,Nolan fans who started clapping & shouting as soon as movie/opening credits started.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Interstellar - 8/10

I can't understand the timing thing at all - 1 hour there = 7 years WTF???? How did they reach Saturn in a matter of few hours?? The guy who was in the space ship aged,but brad and cooper din't age :O who came down to the planet.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Twin paradox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Gravitational time dilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to avoid information overload just understand it like this:Time moves slowly for those traveling at great speeds or near very large gravity objects so their watch's 1 second may take 2 hours of our/normal time.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah...
According to the movie, Brand and Cooper were in a larger orbit matching the water planet around the black hole
The Water Planet, in an orbit almost on the event horizon, time passes slower than for anyone else

but the difference between the larger orbit and the planet should not be soo much that Brand and Coop age so much slower than the guy in the space ship. Maybe compared to people on Earth yes, but the guy in the space ship - nope. So you are right, and that's another plot hole.

But they reached Saturn over a period of two years I think, and they didn't age during that time because they all went into cryosleep

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Okay,But what about the water bed? How can someone sleep in that and survive for so long? (Sorry I am not a science student)

Top Bottom