Interstellar (2014) Movie Discussion *Spoilers Ahead*

amjath

Human Spambot
Re: Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Interstellar - this is a must watch for who?
1. Nolan fans.
2. Science freaks
3. People who believe in one god (oh yeah I said it move on)

may be a spoiler for many.
The movie has quantum physics, time travel, fifth dimension, worm hole, black hole and every thing and it is explained perfectly
If you are not science freak please don't whine about the movie.
A controversy :stirpot:
Even single thing from the movie is already explained in the name of Quran and Hadith, so whoever falls under this community will understand it very well

Gen.Libeb

Padawan

Interstellar - 7/10

I thought the movie tried to be a bit too sentimental/dramatic & it dragged on a bit (I liked 2001: A Space Odyssey)

Tenida

Gadget Freak

Saw Interstellar at Imax: What a experience man wow :D

amjath

Human Spambot

Saw Interstellar at Imax: What a experience man wow :D

everything was shaking when the rocket took off even though i went to non-IMAX. i cannot imagine what i would be IMAX.
the music was so high and emotional when Cooper leaves and her daughter was running after him. Give that man (Hans Zimmer) a oscar
BTW going again next week

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

visuals & music scores were great but story was below expectations considering it is a Nolan movie,still better than your avg scifi movie though.

amjath

Human Spambot

visuals & music scores were great but story was below expectations considering it is a Nolan movie,still better than your avg scifi movie though.
Nolan did something what anyone couldn't do. Visualize and explain time travel, black holes and worm holes.( correct me if I'm wrong)

Research on 'Interstellar' leads to black hole breakthrough | Digital Trends

How Building a Black Hole for Interstellar Led to an Amazing Scientific Discovery | WIRED

How Interstellar’s Black Hole Led To An Actual Scientific Discovery | Penny4NASA

The movie is beyond anything.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

^ yep. The same guy who fed them the equations for the black hole also helped out with Contact. Would be interesting to do a comparison of all black holes in cinema.
Haven't seen interstellar yet, but expect that there is a numinous component. There was one in Contact too. Have to see how this will be handled, but I am skeptical about a science movie going into the territory of theology. These two don't bridge well, and they are separate domains, any connection seems contrived. I am afraid that it will be very much like those Hindus who believe that ancient Indian texts already knows all future scientific breakthroughs.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

Time travel is a fantasy until proved otherwise,black hole & wormhole visualizations were based on real equations rendered using a new software which i agree is a good thing but not extraordinary.This simulation can be done by anyone with money & resources which is exactly what Nolan provided.In coming years another producer with deeper pockets & resources may come up with even better visualizations based on some real physics equations.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

It was rendered realistically, they discovered some new ways all that light behaves in high gravity environments
but they also cherry picked good looking angles and cinematic viewpoints for the rendering, not the ones that showed the most scientific information. There is a difference between visually striking space photos and boring false color space photos which highlights some aspects of the objects being studied. Nolan chose the former, not the latter.

amjath

Human Spambot

A guy said he is going to stimulate/ or release paper how light behaves in black hole like [MENTION=56202]Anorion[/MENTION] said. Also the ancestors knew everything regardless of religion which we still looking to prove whether it is truth or not.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

Interstellar - 9/10 ... Powerful movie , had a great time , Will watch again . Visually amazing , I am still murmuring the OST . Brilliant acting by the cast . I had a scientific-gasm in the theater :D :)) ...

"Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night... Rage, Rage Against The Dying Of The Light."

P.S. For those who have seen it -

So what are your thoughts on how the wormhole really appeared near Jupiter?

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot

Interstellar - 9/10 ... Powerful movie , had a great time , Will watch again . Visually amazing , I am still murmuring the OST . Brilliant acting by the cast . I had a scientific-gasm in the theater :D :)) ...

P.S. For those who have seen it -

So what are your thoughts on how the wormhole really appeared near Jupiter?

"They" put it

did the theatre screened with subtitles

icebags

Technomancer

what u ppl think "they" means ?

i m really amazed with this film, still cant get over it, have some q's and o's , will put them here when i settle them all together.

but missed the space "experience" a bit at the hall i saw, i think i need to rewatch in some better screen or imax soon.

subs, yes. it helped.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller

did the theatre screened with subtitles

Yes , but sometimes they were missing , sometimes they randomly appeared ...

"They" put it

what u ppl think "they" means ?

Well then , who are "they" , definitely not aliens , Coop says that they are advanced 5th Dimensional Humans which put it there ... but that is a paradox , well the way I see it was the 5-D humans were advanced that they could somehow put the wormhole into our solar system , maybe they can manipulate time , like they can manipulate gravity .

Last edited:

amjath

Human Spambot

Yes , but sometimes they were missing , sometimes they randomly appeared ...

Well then , who are "they" , definitely not aliens , Coop says that they are advanced 5th Dimensional Humans which put it there ... but that is a paradox , well the way I see it was the 5-D humans were advanced that they could somehow put the wormhole into our solar system , maybe they can manipulate time , like they can manipulate gravity .

there is a reference of a mass less/gravity less objects. If you don't mind, me using this word and reference from what I believe [religion] it is then I don't mind using it
Muslims call it as Jinn which obeys the ONE
i don't know what others call it. Its the closest I can bring it to you. I'm not doing a ritual classes here, just my thought

icebags

Technomancer

there is a reference of a mass less/gravity less objects. If you don't mind, me using this word and reference from what I believe [religion] it is then I don't mind using it
Muslims call it as Jinn which obeys the ONE
i don't know what others call it. Its the closest I can bring it to you. I'm not doing a ritual classes here, just my thought

As per dialogues, i agree with rajat, it was an advanced stage of human evolution. perhaps humankind managed to evolve beyond biological life form. (i guess u will understand if u seen stargate)

amjath

Human Spambot

As per dialogues, i agree with rajat, it was an advanced stage of human evolution. perhaps humankind managed to evolve beyond biological life form. (i guess u will understand if u seen stargate)

I see I didn't watch that movie yet. But what do you think the 4th dimension with respect to human evolution? 4th dimension respects time BTW

Mods who watched the movie "Interstellar" read the spoiler :lol: and move the discussion to a new thread since we discuss about the movie and in and around it. Include a spoiler alert in the title

Top Bottom