Interested in Bodybuilding??

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I joined gym to lose weight and build my muzzles. I went for six month but now left due to studies. I lost around 10kg and now it is around 70kg which is quite acceptable for my age and height. But now i'm afraid i'm starting to gain weight again. I want tips for some exercises to do at home, especially for abs. Watching 300 with all those Spartans sporting credit-card sized abs is making me feel less manly everyday. Please give me tips to convert my family-pack into a six-pack. :-(

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
^^hmm... ive never heard of that one before.. how does tea help with going to the gym??
caffeine leads to enhanced mental activity which is needed for an intense workout. Many high profile body builders are known to take caffeine supplements before workouts.
well, my opinion is, for your safety, you should follow correct posture while doing any workout, else you may hurt yourself. that is very important.
second, follow correct breathing technique while doing the exercise.
Very true, whatever your goals from excercising, do remember to follow correct techinques, be it weight lifting, free hand, cardio

if you hold your breath while doing exercise, your blood pressure will rise to dangerous levels. usually, you should exhale while lifting weight and inhale otherwise. but this depends on the exericse you are doing.
depends on whether it's pull or push exercise.

Any tips for weight gain?? BTW I m a pure veggie.

heyy me to want tips for weight gain !!

weight gain in the sense i don't want to get fat but fit .. coz am slim now !
weight lifting and cardio.
Contrary to popular beliefs cardio is very important for healthy weight gain as proper cardio exercise improves your stamina.

BTW, gymming has different purposes. For me it's more of a thing to get me going fresh throughout the day than weight loss or muscle gain. Makes me feel much more energetic. Define your goals and aims of gymming, then it becomes much more productive.

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Gym, hmm its been a long time. I swim now, better for losing weight. Gym is useful if you want to build bulk.

Don't overdo any exercise. Have a count on your reps and sets, and increase them gradually, meaning over weeks and months, not days.

Don't compete with someone else in the gym, your bodies are different, at the least you'll have a sprain, at worst you'll tear a muscle or ligament. Remember these heal by scarring so you'll lose your original function/power depending on the location or severity of the tear.

Stay hydrated, I used to dissolve a packet of Electral ORS in one litre of water and sip regularly. You can have plain water too in between. Remember while exercising you lose salt. When I say salt people remember the sodium of sodium chloride but forget about the potassium. Low potassium will make you cramp. Electral will take care of both. You might have seen some champion tennis players eating an orange or banana at the breaks. This gives them salts :)

Work in cycles - one day chest and biceps, one day legs and triceps, one day shoulder and LATS. Don't mix triceps and shoulder as it will strain your muscle. You can do this for six days, and take a complete break on Sunday or any other day of the week. Yes, rest is one of the most important requirements when you go to the gym. It is required to repair damaged muscle and also to allow the muscle to grow. Train for three months, rest for 2-3 weeks, and then start again

praka123

left this forum longback
^well,my problem is overweight am at 106(2kg increased) now and my height is around 5ft8inch.had the habit of eating more looong back and without any exercise,liquor and hypertension,yet more fatty and went upto 116kg AFAIR.I think i have to try liposuction sometime soon :( am having a thread mill resting in the house which i brought 6 months back!
I am hoping for ayurvedam for some luck now.seriously,i cannot bear fast running or such exercises!suffocation!

praka123

left this forum longback
^huh?kapabhati yoga?ye kaun sa pranayaam hota hai?aur woh baba kaun hai?yahaan to koi bhi uska naam suna hi nahi! :confused:

praka123

left this forum longback
whaow!thanks and interesting!but is he a fake?
read in utube comments:
Continuing...---> Only the abdomen should be moving... I don't know much about Ram Dev, but I'm surprised that a yogi of his calibre would allow "students" to incorrectly demonstrate like this... Also technically, kapalabathi is not considered a pranayama, but rather one of the 6 "Shat Karmas" or "Shat Kriyas" of Hatha Yoga proper. It can be considered preparatory to bhastrika.

goobimama

 Macboy
Me benches 80KGs! And I do 190KGs on the leg press! I myself don't know how I can do it :)

By the way, to those who want to lose that stomach: Doing ab exercises is NOT going to get you a flat stomach. Ab exercises use very little energy and are poor at losing fat. Doing abs might get you strong abs, but they will be covered in that huge layer of fat. Only heavy lifting like for legs and back will help you lose that fat.

Last edited:

digitizen

Journeyman
Me benches 80KGs! And I do 190KGs on the leg press! I myself don't know how I can do it :)

By the way, to those who want to lose that stomach: Doing ab exercises is NOT going to get you a flat stomach. Ab exercises use very little energy and are poor at losing fat. Doing abs might get you strong abs, but they will be covered in that huge layer of fat. Only heavy lifting like for legs and back will help you lose that fat.

ya just doing ab exercises wont help you like shown in the tv . lifting with high reps and lot of cardio thrwon in will help reduce weight . its simple as that you want to gain weight go on a calorie surplus diet while lifting heavy , you wanna lose weight go on a calorie deficit diet while lifting and cardio.
only twenty percent of bodybuilding is done ion the gym the rest is what you eat and how much rest you take .

ajayritik

Technomancer
Even I had joined gym many years back. I don't know whether it applies to all but before I joined Gym I was a very lean guy but after I discontinued going to gym I started putting on weight. I'm planning to join Gym again but this time only too loose weight! :)

NucleusKore

TheSaint
^well,my problem is overweight am at 106(2kg increased) now and my height is around 5ft8inch.had the habit of eating more looong back and without any exercise,liquor and hypertension,yet more fatty and went upto 116kg AFAIR.I think i have to try liposuction sometime soon :( am having a thread mill resting in the house which i brought 6 months back!
I am hoping for ayurvedam for some luck now.seriously,i cannot bear fast running or such exercises!suffocation!

Treadmill is a bad idea. When you have a weight problem you should go for non-weight bearing aerobic exercises. Swimming is the best, followed by cycling.

Swimming is:
1. Easy on your knees, remember they have to carry your weight!!!
2. Exercises you from head to toe, arms, legs, chest etc.

praka123

left this forum longback
^thank you.there is no possibility of swimming(rivers are there everywhere in my town=3 rivers but i am shy!).but will try cycling!

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
A morning walk can solve most problem. Both for overweight and underweight.

Although I left morning walk after my 12 board :D

goobimama

 Macboy
Praka. You must do heavy weight lifting. No amount of aerobics is going to help you out. Doing heavy squats, leg press, back training, dead lifts is a great way to burn calories.

You also have to follow a rigid diet. Don't go fasting cause that's not going to do you any good in the long run. Drink lots of water.

praka123

left this forum longback
I am not into heavy exercises now.it wont earn anything apart from my height decreasing by a inch or so :evil: For now,I will try walking,cycling(i have to lend someones bicycle).

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Doing heavy squats, leg press, back training, dead lifts is a great way to burn calories.

and wearing out the cartilage in both knee joints, sorry to say. No doubt the exercises you mentioned burn, but don't forget the damage to the knees.

^thank you.there is no possibility of swimming(rivers are there everywhere in my town=3 rivers but i am shy!).but will try cycling!

Use a swimming pool. Still shy? Well its a question of health so think again, swimming is still your best bet

Last edited:

sting

Journeyman

Entammo.. da ninaku 20kg ippolthanne adikama..

After One year , last week i started gym workout agin,

Gym Photo
*img180.imageshack.us/img180/2883/img044mm8.jpg

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
I really need to join Gym again. Need to get weight up. Right now just 50 Kg. Its way too low for 5' 9" guy :(

Going from today itself. 60 KG+ is target now. I just I dont lazy out this time :D

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
wake up, have a glass of water from a Copper Jug, go to loo...have a cup of tea then go to gym.
Actually I go to gym at 7:30 in the evening and then after gyming I have dinner.
Which is the best time to go gym?

cardio is very important, before your workout, you have to warm up your body by doing cardio.
keep your body hydrated, but dont overdo that.
Thanks for the tips.
I do warm-up before workout like neckroll, bending, lunges, pushup, dips.
Anymore you suggest?

Any tips for weight gain?? BTW I m a pure veggie.
heyy me to want tips for weight gain !!
For gaining weight I used to have Curd + Ghee + Little Honey. Eat atleast 2 bananas at a time for 2 times a day. Don't substitute it with your everyday food though.
Even a protein milk shake everyday will do. Buy B-Protein powder from any medical shop. It comes cheap @Rs 134 for 200gm. But I dont think my weight increased using that supplement.

well i can go on and on regarding gym and weight gaining . first them u dont have ...

1) Increase protein in your diet. Start drinking Complan or bournvita

2) Drink water properly while on breaks in gym. this is important....

3) Eat only as much as u need, don't over eat
Thanks digitizen and gx.

3 . peanutbutter - then again a very rich source of protein and will also up ur calories .
5 . peanut
Peanuts are groundnuts, right?

Define your goals and aims of gymming, then it becomes much more productive.
To increase weight more, to build muscles and reduce fat around my belly.

...Gym is useful if you want to build bulk.

Don't overdo any exercise. Have a count on your reps and sets, and increase them gradually, meaning over weeks and months, not days.
Stay hydrated, I used to dissolve a packet of Electral ORS in one litre of water and sip regularly. ....

Work in cycles - one day chest and biceps, one day legs and triceps, one day shoulder and LATS. Don't mix triceps and shoulder as it will strain your muscle. You can do this for six days, and take a complete break on Sunday or any other day of the week. Yes, rest is one of the most important requirements when you go to the gym. It is required to repair damaged muscle and also to allow the muscle to grow. Train for three months, rest for 2-3 weeks, and then start again
So much thanks for your suggestions.
For weight training, do I have to increase the reps/sets or weight?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom