Interested in Bodybuilding??

Status
Not open for further replies.

axxo

99.9% Idle
I have been to gym for past 3 years. Yes i regularly do cardiac & workouts atleast 4-5 days in a week.
3 Years back(dec 2004) i was 97 Kg(much like praka123). Just after 4 months of joining i was able to shred out 20kg from my overall weight to redifined 77KG.
Wonder how i did? no complex i did only the basics..(20 mins treadmill(jogging), 300-500 skipping + warm-ups (mainly diet)
also i never believe in abs workouts they tend to do nothing for me...but the cardiac i still do keeps my abs in shape.

And after an year of joining i concentrated on weights & workouts..shoulder,bi,chest,tri,lateral,etc....my gym timings are 5.30-7.00 am...quite difficult to wake up in morning..am enjoying & doing the workouts every day.

ajayritik

Technomancer
Do you think it's a good idea to join Gym to loose weight? I mean do you think we can do the treadmill etc stuff to loose weight? Or would it be better if we do walking/running etc? One more thing we get two types of treadmill then one which is automatic and the other which is manual. Which one is better of the two? I thought the automatic one is good but the other day my friend was telling that manual is better. Few of the gyms nearby to my place don't have too many machines for loosing weight I think. Maybe I should first try to go for walking etc then maybe later I should join gym. What do you all have to say ? Esp the Pros here!

praka123

left this forum longback
^get motorised treadmill.it is a waste if u buy a manual treadmill!
it will cost u 20000+ for getting a 1.25 hp treadmill./

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
For weight training, do I have to increase the reps/sets or weight?
Don't get so deep in right now, you will be overwhelmed. Also, each one has a different type of body so different techinques and combinations will work for them.
Just remember to use right techinques, concentrate properly during work out. As the time passes you will learn what works for you and what doesn't.
Also, remember the basic tips like warming up, remaining hydrated, wearing proper gym acessories, form over weight. And the main part proper diet and sleep as people said. Fitness is dependant on your overall lifestyle and not just 1-2 hours of working out

Do you think it's a good idea to join Gym to loose weight? I mean do you think we can do the treadmill etc stuff to loose weight? Or would it be better if we do walking/running etc? One more thing we get two types of treadmill then one which is automatic and the other which is manual. Which one is better of the two? I thought the automatic one is good but the other day my friend was telling that manual is better. Few of the gyms nearby to my place don't have too many machines for loosing weight I think. Maybe I should first try to go for walking etc then maybe later I should join gym. What do you all have to say ? Esp the Pros here!
I am not a pro but what I can surely tell you is that regularity and balanced diet are the essential factors. If you do any exercise regularly and have a balanced diet you will get in shape and get fit

Me benches 80KGs!
Barbells or smith machine?

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Praka I'm not planning to buy a treadmill. I generally dont like the manual ones. Most of the gyms near my house have the manual one. But one of the gyms has the automatic one. I was checking if its better to go for the automatic one.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
well i dont go to the gym..its too time consuming..instead i pick up a copy of Mens Health every month and try working in procedures suggested by them...

guys who dont have time an switch to this mag.its really gud..and u also get lotsa eye andy :D

MY DIET

breakfast-2 wholewheat bread slices and cottage cheese withchilly o taste

lunch-vegetable or chicken stew with lotsa veggies without ne rice or chapathi..and yea..fruits too

snack-nething will do..i prefer fruits with 2-4 eggs minus the yolk..may go with another piece of wholewheat bread with milk

dinner-rice with chicken or fishdoesnt matter as u already have not taken in enuf calories

And another thing-have your breakfast within 60 mins of waking up coz after that the body moves into starvation mode and the more food is tored as fat.

body builders should take a protein heavy diet..red meat is essential for them...veggies should thrive on soya

for ne more trivia u can always ask me..

and yea..ur cal intake depends on ur age,hgt and weight

i just turned 19,6'2 and 80 kgs

ajayritik

Technomancer
amd64_man2005 from whatever I heard its generally advised not to eat Carbohydrates after 8pm or for that matter in dinner. I dont know whether it will make a difference if you dont have these earlier in the day but have it only once before you go to bed. But in general I have heard that we should avoid having carbohydrates in the night.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I ve height of 5.65", but only 52Kgs.
Do ya think im underweight. I do bit excercise nd body seems to be lil structrued. Moreover guys with 5.6" nd 55Kgs wud haf in most cases bit structured body.
My main problem is, ive very little chest muscles. I do only bice, tries nd forearm excercise.
I can only do a max of 30~35 pushups in a stretch. I think its too week considering my low weight.
I give least importance to leg excercise as well as chest. They are hard.
The easiest of them is for hands nd sholders. Kinda lazy .
Everytime i plan to work out, i just sit infront of PC for a while[thinking to sit only for 5~10mins], but spend as much as 1~2hrs in digit forums, nd then into gaming. After than itll be 2Am. So go for sleep.

And do weight gainer drinks/powders really work? And are they safe for health? And is there any natural mass gainers which i can afford.[anythin below 200~250]?

Plx guys...ive to gain at least 60~ 65Kgs. Im confident that if even i gain lil more weight, ma body will keep its structure[or ill work out more].
My main problem is no hunger. Most of time u dun take meals either at noon or dinner[due to no hunger].

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@ajay

no dude..thts totally a myth....

i will post what mens health thinks is the perfect diet to stay trim..

here goes

The clock diet

6:30 am breakfast

omlette and green tea

9:30 am Snack

Apple with a chunk of cheese

12:30 pm Lunch

Chicken and Vegetable Stir fry

3:30 pm Snack

cottage cheese or plain yoghurt with diced pineapple

5:30 pm Workout

6:15 pm Post Workout drink

1 pint chocolate milk

8:15 pm Dinner

Chicken Breast with pasta and spinach salad

And here is Aamir khan's diet to success..

Man he works 20 hours a day

7:30 am-tea,brown bread slice

11 am-protien shake

11 30 am-omlette made of 4 egg whites with brown bread slice

12 30 pm-papaya

1 30 pm-50 gm chicken salad,baigan bharta,gobhi,2 chapathi

3 30 pm - 100 gm fruits

4 30 pm-omlette of 4 egg whites with brown bread slice

5 30 pm-4 biscuits

6 30 pm-100 gm fruits

7 30 pm-chicken keema,baigan bharta,gobhi,rice

9 30 pm-omlette made of 4 egg whites and brown bread slice

10 30 pm-100 gm fruits

1 30 pm-pav bhaji(if awake)

enjoy :D

@ dominator

dude...u r about 10 kgs under weight..eat well and work out properly..the road to success..

i think if u find it hard to occupy yourself in body training then try joining a gym..

According to Mens health gym thrice a week is enuf...

heres aamir's weight training schedule

8 am to 11 am

stomach:4 days a week

arms:3 days a week

chest:2 days a week

back:3 days a week

shoulders: 2 days a week

legs:3 days a week

:D

Rockstar11

Technomancer
@dOm1naTOr
same prob here.. khane ke liye mann hi nahi karta :confused:

Hi friends
I want to gain some weight.. :(
can anybody tell me what to eat ?
only khana pina no gym jana ok?
This is very essential for me :(
HELP i am desperate...
thanks in advance

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
for those who want to gain some weight..go on a protein heavy diet and workout a home...

your workout shoukl vary from pushups to pullups...as a result..ur muscles will start to expand and u will start gaining weight...

but for gaining weight i personally feel that going to the gym is a must..

ajayritik

Technomancer
amd64_man2005, I read interview of one of the personal trainers of Bollywood stars like Ajay Devgan, Hritik Roshan, Rani Mukherjee and that also includes Aamir Khan. I forgot the name of the trainer. I checked the daily diet of all the actors and I found that the trainer had suggested to most of them not to have carbs after 8pm.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
oooh...say that na..not a prob..i have my dinner by 7 30...so no big probs for me..yea...carbs late at nite can have an adverse effect on ur body....

its always advisable to have an early dinner

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
amd64_man2005:
Is it necessary to follow that diet plan u gave, everyday?
And is it ok if I eat high protein foods during non - work out day like Sundays?
It is not possible for me to eat those everyday.

@dOm1naTOr and Rockstar11
blueshift said:
For gaining weight I used to have Curd + Ghee + Little Honey. Eat atleast 2 bananas at a time for 2 times a day. Don't substitute it with your everyday food though.
Even a protein milk shake everyday will do. Buy B-Protein powder from any medical shop. It comes cheap @Rs 134 for 200gm. But I dont think my weight increased using that supplement.

digitizen

Journeyman
ok lot of you see to be confused about gym . what really happens when you workout is you create micro tears in ur muscle and once they are repairing you put on muscle . about gaining weight 20 % of it is done in gym the rest 40 % is in ur diet and 40% is in ur sleep .

Most of you dont workout your legs but it is wrong . the reason your body releases testosterone when you workout your lower body . so you need lot of testosterone to workout .

Protein powders are not magic pill you wont gain weight instantly by them . its like this most people find it hard to take 250 grams of protein and 5000 calories through food so protein powders make it easier to get in those calories and protein .

TO gain weight lift heavy weights with low repitions you should shock your muscle in to growing mode . four days of gym is enough for a week . try to sleep atleast eight hours a day .

OP
blueshift

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
In todays TOI read that Cholesterol plays a major role in increasing the muscle mass.
After 1 week going to gym, my weight didn't increase a bit.

mehulved said:
Just remember to use right techinques, concentrate properly during work out. As the time passes you will learn what works for you and what doesn't.
Also, remember the basic tips like warming up, remaining hydrated, wearing proper gym acessories, form over weight. And the main part proper diet and sleep as people said. Fitness is dependant on your overall lifestyle and not just 1-2 hours of working out
I do follow those tips. For a month or two, I will go as per my instructor and then will eventually work-out on my own.

blueshift said:
amd64_man2005:
Is it necessary to follow that diet plan u gave, everyday?
And is it ok if I eat high protein foods during non - work out day like Sundays?
It is not possible for me to eat those everyday.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
My thread was way too polluted by some guy who wanted start a campaign against jerking off. Shantanu banned him :D I'll be asking questions here now :D

Last edited:

::cyborg::

In the zone
guys my height is almost 5feet and 8 inches and my weight is 82 i dont thinks so

can any expert gxsaurav or anybody tell me that how can i reduce weight

see people say that i have a bis chest(well iam a boy ;)) and a small height so any one please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom