Intel Ivy Bridge Discussion

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont know whether i should post other forum links here but its important find :D

Bought an Ivy Bridge today - bit-tech.net Forums

If it's important then it's absolutely fine to post other forum links in a post - no need to use spoiler tag.

amjath

Human Spambot
^ ok cilus :)

BTW

Ivy Bridge's heat problems persist, even with the removal of its IHS :: TweakTown USA Edition :(

Still couldn't find a answer why should I go for IB instead of SB

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
If i buy i5 2500k , then i have to buy a z68 or p67 or z77 motherboard for overclocking . but the price here are high and more thank 10k . So is there any motherboard for overclockers at price less than 7.5 k . Or we should wait more and buy when the price decrease ??? and when can we see the price decrease???

RiGOD

SoLa BeLLaToR...
It'll be available very soon. Just wait for a week or two. But trust me, the prices are going to be damn high.

SunE

Professional Newbie
Yes the price is going to be around 15k at least for the i5 3570k. Better to buy i5 2500k instead as according to me IB is going to be a huge fail since it does not perform as good as SB. Agree guys?

Vishnupg45

Liverpool fanatic.
afaik oc'ing is the biggest challenge in IB. Other things are similar with SB. Not everyone's gonna oc their cpu.?!
Check this out,
cpu-world.com/news_2012/2012042902_Intel_Ivy_Bridge_processors_are_released.html
who is the loser here? The consumer or the supplier?

Last edited:

pcforumguy

Starting Off !!!
Hey Guys,

A little caution if anyone want to upgrade to Ivy with Gigabyte 6 series mobos (Z68) -
We grabbed the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard, updated the BIOS to the latest version (F12), and dropped a brand new Intel Core i7-3770K processor (our review) into the board. Everything worked great with the default BIOS settings, but when we went to overclock the processor we noticed that the CPU Clock Ratio could go no higher than turbo clock ratio of 39. You have to raise the CPU ratio in order to get the most from these processors, so by having it locked at 39 is a deal breaker.

Intel Ivy Bridge Processor Overclocking Proves Challenging For Some Motherboard Makers - Gigabyte Hybrid EFI Technology Has Issues With Ivy Bridge CPUs - Legit Reviews

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think a bios update will fix this.

^ ok cilus :)

BTW

Ivy Bridge's heat problems persist, even with the removal of its IHS :: TweakTown USA Edition :(

Still couldn't find a answer why should I go for IB instead of SB

I'm not cilus ;-)

and there's no compelling reason to go for IB - if you want a cpu now stick with SB.

amjath

Human Spambot
^^ not much just a little. will try till 4Ghz not more than that. Thats y i'm thinking so much

Top Bottom