Intel E7400 temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Oh i saw this thread ,,

I had the same problem which i asked here before 5 months back , dont its very simple as ur mobo is MSI P45 platinum so no need for BIOS update

As Rajkumar said is true , when the heat sink not properly fit then the heat will be higher , also the stock cooler of recent INTEL processor is really worst like AMD stock cooler , u r running HD 4890 so the temp should increase

Your IDLE should be 45-50

Load - 55-60

apply good thermal paste make it spread fully the processor head , place the hear tightly the contact between the HSF & proccy should be good touch

I would recommend better get 3rd party cooler when we are gaming

NOTE - DONT USE ANY WATER DIPPED OR ANY CHEMICAL TO CLEAN THE OLD THERMAL PASTE JUST USE COTTON SLIGHTLY TO REMOVE & EDGES USE THE EAR BUDS TO CLEAN

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Oh i saw this thread ,,

I had the same problem which i asked here before 5 months back , dont its very simple as ur mobo is MSI P45 platinum so no need for BIOS update

As Rajkumar said is true , when the heat sink not properly fit then the heat will be higher , also the stock cooler of recent INTEL processor is really worst like AMD stock cooler , u r running HD 4890 so the temp should increase

Your IDLE should be 45-50

Load - 55-60

apply good thermal paste make it spread fully the processor head , place the hear tightly the contact between the HSF & proccy should be good touch

I would recommend better get 3rd party cooler when we are gaming

NOTE - DONT USE ANY WATER DIPPED OR ANY CHEMICAL TO CLEAN THE OLD THERMAL PASTE JUST USE COTTON SLIGHTLY TO REMOVE & EDGES USE THE EAR BUDS TO CLEAN

Hey thanks for the reply...

I did all you mentioned...(except used isopropyl alcohol to clean the surfaces)

1. Removed the Heat sink
2. Cleaned both surfaces with isopropyl alcohol (No need to removed dust, system is a month old only). And then applied the thermal paste (CoolerMaster 400)
3. Re seated the heatsink firmly. It is placed fairly tight. All the pushpins made a 'kataaak' sound when I seated it. And the heat sink does not move when I tried to shake it.
4. Attached the fan pin header, shut the system up.
5. There was a cable routed that was a bit over the heatsink fan (the 12V supply cable for the motherboard), so I routed that from the back.

Now: As I mentioned above, it does not go above 82C (Blend Test ; Warhead), but idles at around 52C. These temperates are safe, but on the high side. Should I go for an after market cooler. Which one..?? Only issue would be..to dismantle the whole thing.

You also said that the HD4890 would cause the temperature to increase why is that. Also by this coming Tuesday I will be going X-fire ( 2 x HD4890)....wil that aggrevate the situation more..????

Last edited:

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
what resolution are u playing ?? and settings are u playing is it high or medium ??

i saw in many forums i asked some in here before 5 months ago , Even higher end GPU may bottleneck CPU !! when u r going for Higher resolution gaming

Even i suspect the CPU should not be idle @ 52c - the idle should be 38c to 42c

i dono what is happening see whether the system temperature is 40 & below

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
am play at 1400 x 900. All maxed out except AA = 2 (This is for Warhead). Else..for other games..I run to full max.

Mother board is reporting 38-37C at idle. Why the heck is CPU so hot..??

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
ya today i checked with my friends CPU , his IDLE temp is 40
Load temp is 53-55

See i too had the same problem , no body cant help with so i just opened my case kept the fan in front of case @ full speed

My temp before

Phenom 2 940
IDLE - 50
Load - 59 core temp load is 79

After fan kept

IDLE temp 43

Load Temp 51

What is your core temp ???

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
First there are 2 different CPU temps i.e - tCase and tJunction [Intel CPUs have 2 diodes to measure temps].

tjMAX is about 100 deg C and tDiodeMAX is about 70 deg C.

It depends on how ur s/w measures the temps.

Stick to one convention - the most common being the tCase temp which is what most BIOSes display.

Now , regarding high temps "My E7400 idles at around 58-60C. During game load it hits 90C." both are high!

I advice u to remove the cooler and clean the thermal paste and then re-apply by standards methods and remember that lesser the thermal paste more will be the cooling - coz its job is to just remove air gaps form the primarily.

If still the temp is high then it time to change the cooler!

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
To get your issue resolved- isnt that the point of asking pics of your pic via side panel?

Here you go...is the image, of the system when I set it up...initially, it does not have the 2nd Xfire card/also that one cable above the CPU heatsink has been routed from the back.! (Also please do not mind the component description text boxes. I had made this image for someone else -- I am sure, you all know..what is what)

*img40.imageshack.us/img40/8784/sytemanil.jpg

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
# You seriously need to get some better cable management skills or else the point of owning a good case is wasted:
*images.ncix.com/forumimages/14D75974-71A7-FF9B-867815261FF18580.JPG
That's the whole point in spending so much money on a freaking case- or else its wasted. Cable clutter become an obstacle for proper air flow.
# What thermal paste did you use on the processor?
# Disconnect the sidepanel fans, the top 2 fans and the bottom 2 fans. Put the hard drives on the seond and 4th slot. Keep the system closed and check the temps. Also make sure you do this AFTER the cable management.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Wow....your cable management..is 'excellent'.

Honestly speaking the situation is worse in my case right now (pertaining to cables), after I put in the Xfire card. Mmm..will try better cabling...!

Thanks for the inspiration. For the thermal paste I used Coolermaster 400.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
@ asigh

Cooler master 400 is good thermal paste

as The Sorcerer says do it

Start with ur cable management , now i too experiencing the same problem , now how much temp are u getting ???

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Wow....your cable management..is 'excellent'.
That's not mine. But that's how majority of the cm 690 use the cases. I did a rerouting for a tx750 a day ago. Fantastic case to work with.
Answer the questions asked previously and let me know the temps after doing the needful.
{{ot}}Frankly I am downgrading the moment to make room for upgrades @ october-november-december :mrgreen:. {{/ot}}

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
That's not mine. But that's how majority of the cm 690 use the cases. I did a rerouting for a tx750 a day ago. Fantastic case to work with.
Answer the questions asked previously and let me know the temps after doing the needful.
{{ot}}Frankly I am downgrading the moment to make room for upgrades @ october-november-december :mrgreen:. {{/ot}}

Sure yes, will do some rerouting and get back. Because of my high temps..have not done any OC'ing on the CPU, which I need too...to get the full juice from my Xfire..!

Thanks a lot...great.

OP
asingh

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Lowered my vCore to 0.9975V..and the system is:

Idling at: 38C
Loading at: 65C

Though things to do still:
1. Better cable management -- yes its a mess
2. Will mount an after market cooler -- Intel Stock coolers are bad.
3. OC -- get better X - Fire.

thanks to all for the help..!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom