Indo-Bangla enclave exchange treaty

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Future News:

Pakistan wants Andhra Pradesh. PM Manmohan Singh says that this issue can be resolved through peaceful talks. :|

eagle_y2j

Youngling
^^
1. People will automatically become the citizens of that country. (Some procedure is followed I think in such deals )

1. Nah ! not possible legally (citizen concerned himself should apply for this)
They will certainly rehabilitate them in such case of border dispute .

India in past had a similar treaty with Pakistan also !(Gujarat and Rajasthan border)

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Wait, am I missing something? I couldn't see any direct reference in the news of Assam being part of B'desh. :(

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
Border Dispute resolution is long process & has some History behind it.

Indo-Bangladesh enclaves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It will take a long time to come into existence. Its just a sign on agreement.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Well, who cares? Power ftw!! India have teh power, specially against Bangladesh & using it. :grin:

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
Wait, am I missing something? I couldn't see any direct reference in the news of Assam being part of B'desh. :(

Official Statement from PM Office is published on the GOI website : Read Here

* 60 acres of the already "Adversely Possessed Lands" enclaves of Assam to be swapped with Bangladesh.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Official Statement from PM Office is published on the GOI website : Read Here

* 60 acres of the already "Adversely Possessed Lands" enclaves of Assam to be swapped with Bangladesh.

Now this sounds more 'logical'.

mitraark

Decrepit
Maybe this has been done for the benefit of the people living in those areas. I have seen many "Indians" , the have their home in India , but their land [ agricultural ] is falls in Bangladesh territories [ This happened due to the divide in 1947 ] .. they have to travel regularly to and fro from one counrty to another , going through security checks twice daily. People living in Bangladesh have a hard time to shop for the basic amenities because the nearest "Haat Bazaar" falls in Indian region.

One hardly cares what nationality he is or going to be when he faces a hard time just to provide two square meals everyday for his family. If proper division relievs the people of much hassle in future and better usage of the Teesta river , it should definitely be done.

hyde

Broken In
Our PM giving away land? Why not also give away Arunachal Pradesh to China, why not give away Kashmir to Pakistan and WHY not give away India to British again. DAMN politicians.

Last edited:
J

Joker

before starting such threads it is the duty of the op to present righteous facts otherwise a thread will have a string of misinformed kneejerk comements/posts like this thread does...

there are 'indian enclaves' in bangladesh and 'bangladeshi enclaves' in india along the border. this is a mutual deal to 'swap' those enclaves as these enclaves havent received development from either countries as both countries think they arent 'their' people.

thread title is poor..dont make it sound like part of some indian 'state' is being 'gifted' or 'ceded' when clearly it is NOT the case.

India, Bangladesh sign historic boundary agreement, Teesta treaty on hold

everyone should have read this link from the first post before commenting.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
before starting such threads it is the duty of the op to present righteous facts otherwise a thread will have a string of misinformed kneejerk comements/posts like this thread does...

there are 'indian enclaves' in bangladesh and 'bangladeshi enclaves' in india along the border. this is a mutual deal to 'swap' those enclaves as these enclaves havent received development from either countries as both countries think they arent 'their' people.

thread title is poor..dont make it sound like part of some indian 'state' is being 'gifted' or 'ceded' when clearly it is NOT the case.

You talk about FACTS Huh ?

1. There is much more to do with this subject then "Only Exchange of ENCLAVES"

2. Too many Army / CRPF / Boarder Security Forces lost their LIFE in this boarder town due to illegal immigrates (Bangladeshis).

3. This ruthless OUTSIDERS Killed innocent Indian People.

4. There is problem of FOOD / WATER etc.. on the other side of this boarder.

5. If you really wants to see and understand the actually ground reality ( before you make your comment ) then please go and visit ASSAM.

6. I am not against this move and support it only because this will bring some sort of peace in this board towns.

7. BTW is over NOW, the enclaves has already been exchanged.

J

Joker

gibberish...
what u have posted now is gibberish as it doesnt rectify your fault of presenting the facts properly in the first place..

accept your mistake and just make sure you do that next time. peace.

oh yes..i talk about facts since I couldnt see them in the first post and hence the following posts.

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
OK OK !!!! And I can see the FACTS with REAL EYES in front of me.

I have been to ASSAM several times and have seen it with my EYES.

FIRST SEE it with your OWN EYES before you call my comment "gibberish"

Top Bottom