Indie Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first of all, don't get me wrong here. I have no intention of creating another"Games You Are Currently Addicted to" thread and such. I opened this thread to discuss about all the indie games that never got any real attention like Limbo, braid, etc or just too unpopular to deserve a thread despite the amazing content the devs made. So discuss all those games here. Hopefully, the games will enough attention here. And if the game has its own discussion thread then please continue its discussion there and not here. :)

And to start the thread,

Currently I'm playing Osmos. Man its a nice game. The concept is really simple and is based on Sir Newtons third law of motion. You take the role of a single celled life form and help it to grow by absorbing other cells. Sounds boring. but actually the game is fun.

.=Pyro=.

Burning in the skies
I just finished VVVVVV. Its a very fun but very short platformer,graphics remind of 8 bit era.Music is very good too..
Osmos is pretty good, love the music in it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yeah. osmos is addicting.

Also if you guys haven't played this game the get it ASAP, it's awesome beyond comparisons
Iji
Daniel's base

I just finished VVVVVV. Its a very fun but very short platformer,graphics remind of 8 bit era.Music is very good too..
Osmos is pretty good, love the music in it.

i only managed to find two members in VVVVV. How do you find the rest ? :-?

And finished another level in Osmos. How many hours in total ?

gameranand

Living to Play
Played Braid and Super Meatboy and let me say they were real hard for me. I mean that kind of platforming man o man. But nevertheless I loved those games. Got frustrated many times but that was an epic experience. :))

^I started it a few days ago. I'm on act-2 now (or whatever it was called). Its fun. But I kinna need more practicing. :p

EDIT: FFK The Farax level in SI3 stage of Osmos is a *****. So hard. :mad:

Last edited:

Tachyon1986

In the zone
I wonder if you've tried Breath of Death VII and Chtulhu Saves the World? Good old school SNES RPGs.

I've played Chtulhu Saves the World , and it's a really funny game with excellent writing.

Also , Anomaly : Warzone Earth is another excellent game. It's a Tower Offense game, instead of the usual Tower Defense.

bottleHeD

Broken In
I've got waaay too many indie/casual (how do I really differentiate the two?) games on Steam, more than I really have time to play. I've played these to an extent:
And Yet It Moves
Droplitz
Gish
Machinarium
Plants vs Zombies
Super meat Boy
VVVVVV
World Of Goo

These just sit in my Steam library:
Cogs
Coil
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
Eufloria
Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysey
Puzzle Agent
Puzzle Dimension
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Shatter
Tidalis

Plsu I bought the Humble Bundle 3+2 pack that was out sometime back. Gotta find time for all these.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@bottleHeD Indie games are from small teams without the backing of big studios for marketing and distribution, casual games are games that you can play for short bursts, have a relaxed pace, and games that you can play over and over without any levels or plot structure (tetris, minesweeper, Robot Unicorn Attack, match 3 types etc). None of the games here are casual.
There are a lot more indie games on mobile platforms than consoles..
I didnt like Anomaly, about half way through, the gameplay is repetitive and lacked depth, I expected reverse tower defense to have waves and waves of units instead of just a handful

Krow

Crowman
Okay I finally got my Xbox 360 controller! :)) Which game to test it out on? I have all HIB2 and 3 games (will download them when my home net connection is activated).

Already played Braid and Machinarium.

gameranand

Living to Play
Okay I finally got my Xbox 360 controller! :)) Which game to test it out on? I have all HIB2 and 3 games (will download them when my home net connection is activated).

Super Meatboy and Braid for sure. :)

Play VVVVV , and yet it moves and osmos. Thay are really nice game. :)

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Super Meat Boy.

^Me too, the digital sound tracks are just too awesome. Too bad unlocking the rest is a real PITA. :(

Anyway, reached the last planet in Revenge of the Titans. Whats an awesome game. My first tower defense game and i'm loving it. HIB FTW!

Krow

Crowman
^I really love that tiny sound when Captain Veridian (or whatever his name is) dies. And also how his face becomes sad when there is bad news in any dialogues. Really funny. :D I am a VVVVVV fan. :))

Hail HIB!

Just made a steam account. First purchase will probably be Super Meat Boy. Boy, do I like being able to buy games! :))

PS: Hope debit card works with steam. :Fingerx:

And I may also buy Limbo. Any reviews?

Don't expect to be able to clear Super Meat Boy. Heard it is really tough. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom