Indie Game Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

voljin1987

Broken In
If u like SMB, limbo and braid, I would really recommend spelunky by Derek Yu. Its free to download.. give it a try.. also if you like metroid style games try out umbrella adventure.. another free game..

Frankly I am surprised noones mentioned this yet.. My fav indie game..
MACHINARIUM

Krow

Crowman
If u like SMB, limbo and braid, I would really recommend spelunky by Derek Yu. Its free to download.. give it a try.. also if you like metroid style games try out umbrella adventure.. another free game..
Will check these out. Thanks. :)
Frankly I am surprised noones mentioned this yet.. My fav indie game..
MACHINARIUM
I am surprised you haven't read the previous pages of this thread. Machinarium has been mentioned quite a few times. :p I like it too. :)

voljin1987

Broken In
Will check these out. Thanks. :)
I am surprised you haven't read the previous pages of this thread. Machinarium has been mentioned quite a few times. :p I like it too. :)

Aye me bad :) .. ignore me... was at work so cudnt go through the page in detail.. heres one more metroid style game.. aquaria.. made over the course of 3 years by 2 people. it is available on steam.. also if you have an iphone or ipad.. do check out superbrothers sword and sorcery.. also if u like strategy try out darwinia..

Krow

Crowman
Finished VVVVVV. :D

This is the level I was talking about. "Doing things the hard way". I got the trinket after dying 185 times.
[YOUTUBE]4CtiY5D6HCs[/YOUTUBE]

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Rock of Ages
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6205/6141024614_325358b3d4.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6061/6141027184_120efd4d2d.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6180/6141029270_f4d6eba68a.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6151/6140477593_60d93272e6.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6084/6141035626_fcd86a90f5.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6174/6141038670_1e537d257f.jpg

Cloning Clyde
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6161/6140995700_05e40d7275.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6183/6140442365_afba207775.jpg

*farm7.static.flickr.com/6175/6140996954_23b0fb0b42.jpg

Krow

Crowman
At Osmos now, will go to Revenge of the Titans after this, or should I start Crayon Physics Deluxe? Which is better?

Both are good. But revenge of the titans gets real tough during the last planet/chapter. And crayon physics is good as well. But you'll need to play the levels again and again to unlock the final chapter/island. So i suggest you go for revenge of the titans. CP will take a long time to finish.

abhidev

Human Spambot
Playing Bastion these days....love the graphics and the background score is just awesome and so are the weapons....

Krow

Crowman
Revenge of the Titans is so hard. It is giving me nightmares. I am getting pwned in Mars. Moon was hard enough! Restarted from Earth to get rockets but I should have upgraded to blast cannon first. :(

Almost done with Osmos BTW.

Well, mars to tough. Wait till you get to Saturn. Then you'll know real what real nightmares feel like. Muahahaha. :twisted:

Speaking of which, I'm facing the same nightmares myself. :p

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
I tried to cheat and got pwned again. The in-game difficulty level increases with the amount of money you have. So I got cheat engine and got myself $99999999. The buggers moved superfast and reached my base in less than 2 seconds. :|

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Got 2d Indie bundle from steam (World of Goo finally)

Already started playing Bit.Trip Runner
*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/21/Bit.trip_logo.png

Krow

Crowman
^Nice. Won't be buying any games till I finish the current lot. :)

@ Jojo, what tactics did you use in revenge of the titans. I try to plug them at their point of entry but sometimes there are too many entry points so it becomes tough to work.

Well, you need to find out from which entry the no of aliens is the lowest and where it the highest. And construct turrets accordingly. And also don't forget to power up the turrets with add-ons where there are a crap load of aliens. And constructing walls around the turrets is is good option as well. And try to construct turrets in a triangle so that the third turret is able to kill those who try to get close to the turrets.

Also, sometimes constructing refineries in some levels in completely useless. Just construct those turrets and keep collecting those random supply drop. In mars, i used this tactic.

And krow, please give me you savefiles. My n00b bro deleted my profile. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom