Indian Rupee Symbol !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
I have MS Office 2007 in my pc. i can't add indian rupee symbol, when i want to writing something in ms office word and excel . please help me how to add rupee symbol in word and excel .

Also my friend have a new Dell laptop having a shortcut Rupee symbol in the keyboard's one of the key. i.e. in numeric Key 4 . how to use this indian rupee symbol.
thank you.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^just download the rupee font
Font with Indian Rupee Symbol - Download and Use Free - Foradian Technologies

follow this tutorial

How to Use the Indian Rupee Symbol in Microsoft Office?

ratul

█████████████████
In case Dell Laptop, how to use given Rupee shortcut..

for windows 7, follow this procedure: An update to support the new currency symbol for the Indian Rupee in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008, in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2

for windows 8, follow this procedure: Indian Rupee Symbol in Windows 8 Using Keyboard Only | Digital Sensus

after that, use ctrl+shift+4 to type the rupee symbol, though one bug i found in English(india) keyboard is that right alt key is'nt working for me neither in win7 nor in win8..

OP
ramakanta

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
for windows 7, follow this procedure: An update to support the new currency symbol for the Indian Rupee in Windows Vista, in Windows Server 2008, in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2

for windows 8, follow this procedure: Indian Rupee Symbol in Windows 8 Using Keyboard Only | Digital Sensus

after that, use ctrl+shift+4 to type the rupee symbol, though one bug i found in English(india) keyboard is that right alt key is'nt working for me neither in win7 nor in win8..

problem not solved--

before pressing the keys..
*s19.postimage.org/i0kgyzva7/image.jpg

after pressing the keys...

*s19.postimage.org/ielsylfdr/image.jpg

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
problem not solved

*getfile6.posterous.com/getfile/fil...DiKk2dvBK5nGectr2029CQ7EdP/Rupee_Foradian.ttf

1. Download the Font (Rupees Foradian) provided by Foradian Technologies Inc (Foradian Technologies - Official Blog)
2. Install the font. (Copy the Font to Control Panel -> Fonts Folder)
3. Change the Font from the default (Times New Roman/ Arial/ Calibri) to Rupees Foradian Font.
4. Type the Rupees Symbol in Microsoft Word through the grave acent symbol - ` (the key just above "tab" button in your keyboard).

problem not solved

*getfile6.posterous.com/getfile/fil...DiKk2dvBK5nGectr2029CQ7EdP/Rupee_Foradian.ttf

1. Download the Font (Rupees Foradian) provided by Foradian Technologies Inc (*blog.foradian.com)
2. Install the font. (Copy the Font to Control Panel -> Fonts Folder)
3. Change the Font from the default (Times New Roman/ Arial/ Calibri) to Rupees Foradian Font.
4. Type the Rupees Symbol in Microsoft Word through the grave acent symbol - ` (the key just above "tab" button in your keyboard).

ratul

█████████████████
problem not solved--

before pressing the keys..
*s19.postimage.org/i0kgyzva7/image.jpg

after pressing the keys...

*s19.postimage.org/ielsylfdr/image.jpg

are you using windows 7 or windows 8, and are these screenshots of the dell system your friend has?? coz ctrl+shift+4 is the shortcut key for dell systems, indian keyboards i see has the rupee symbol on the "~" button..

btw, this method has always worked for me:
*i.imgur.com/6SYJBcM.jpg[/center]​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom