Indian Film Industry's First Blue Ray Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
dude u better edit ur post....

quote wht i say...

this isnt fair...

What these gray market guys will do is stuff 10 Movies onto a BD-ROM at low bitrate just like they stuff current dvd's with 3 movies.

ya true .. very true...

What else i can say. I hail you man

double standards???
preeching ant piracy and doing piracy... !!!! ( i mean editing others post-quote)

i must hail u RIAA = CadCrazy

Last edited:

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
ya... i found only BLUray ps3 games....

but may be i should visit more shops...

heycan anyone tell me .. which video format ill rightly fit my 40" samsung LCD..

coz each time i get a video( from net :-D ) i get two black borders...
wht should i do ???

CadCrazy

in search of myself
dude u better edit ur post....

quote wht i say...

this isnt fair...

ya true .. very true...

double standards???
preeching ant piracy and doing piracy... !!!! ( i mean editing others post-quote)

i must hail u RIAA = CadCrazy

What make you think that i'm a DRM'd. I like freedom.Why the hell restrictions even if i purchase original.

you hail me. Mugambo Khush Hua.

ya... i found only BLUray ps3 games....

but may be i should visit more shops...

heycan anyone tell me .. which video format ill rightly fit my 40" samsung LCD..

coz each time i get a video( from net :-D ) i get two black borders...
wht should i do ???

Use original bluray disk :D

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Naveen its not the size of the display that matters but its resolution. Use video clips in the display's native resolution to completely fill the display. I think your display's native resolution is 1366x768.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^yep..i guess it was..but Saawariya being a Sony initiative ma have something to do with it not being the first...neway..for the gray market to actually utilize the blu-ray disk we have to get hold of some blu-ray players..soo....long time..

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
grey market guys will just start getting imagine ripping a BD to VP7 + 5(7).1 MusePack in a DL DVD.
Seriously mate . You need to see the reality .

Earlier people used to wish for DivX n MP3 support in DVD players . now that they're supported you people move on to something else .

Why can't you people just stick onto something for some time .

IMHO , Ripping in H.264 + 5.1 AAC or DivX + 5.1 MP3 enough.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
*xs125.xs.to/xs125/08110/4163607.jpg , Saawariya box art (courtesy of TheManRoom) & ajamils, AVSForum.

@Zeeshan, that's what the "pirates" are doing these days they compress the BR or HDDVD to either a DVD or a DVD9 and distribute underground ;)

Has anybody been able to get hold of the released title yet?

Last edited:
OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Saawariya Gets Re-Announced for Blu-ray

Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has re-announced the Blu-ray release of the hit Indian film 'Saawariya', now expected to arrive on store shelves May 6th, day-and-date with the DVD release. Originally announced for a March 15th release, video will be presented in 2.40:1 1080p AVC accompanied by both English and Hindi 5.1 Dolby TrueHD tracks. Extras include "Making the Music" featurette and video from the premiere.

*www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=1032

Last edited:

ajayritik

Technomancer
Indian movies you can get for as low as Rs.49(TSeries) and that from Tips are also available at Rs.299

Initially when we were getting Hindi movie DVD's I think they costed around
Rs 500. So I think the price for BluRay of Heyy Baby is ok. I dont know about T-Series DVD's but Moser Baer sells some of the DVD's for Rs 49.

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
review, member of High-Def Digest forums

Inside the bluw ray box of Heyy Babyy *i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/arcoroc/DSC02191.jpg

The picture quality is very good. Vibrant colors, with rich blacks and a three-dimensional pop to the whole thing. It would be a 5 star transfer if not for these random white "scratch" looking marks that show up often, but not too often to ruin the movie. I don't know if the problem is with my disc or the original film the discs were minted from so I would appreciate if someone else with this BD could state whether or not they see these same white scratch. I give it a 3.75/5, marking off for the scratches.

I don't have a good audio setup so I can't rate that, sorry.

Haven't watched the supplements, but they are listed on the High-Def Digest disc details page.

further review, *forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?p=853212#post853212

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
when do we start making motion pictures in HD?

Like using The Hi Definition camera & all such setup?

goobimama

 Macboy
when do we start making motion pictures in HD?

Like using The Hi Definition camera & all such setup?
Not happening. HD cameras are not high enough resolution to display in a theatre. It's going to be film for a long time more to come.

@Naveen: Use Media Player Classic. Once the movie is playing, hit the 9 key on keypad (with numlock enabled).

@Cad: Stop being a hypocrite.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I read in some interview, Sajid Khan is a big blu ray and PS3 lover. he mentioned in that interview that he will release the movie on BD. Good start

OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
In addition, I can confirm that Ayngaran will release Sivaji and Pokkiri on Blu-Ray towards the end of 2008. I will be personally involved on those projects too. Both these films will be taken directly from the 4k DI file. More details soon .

Blu-Ray Version ( releasing in May/June 2008 )

Disc 1 (50GB)
Uncut Version
Anamorphic Widescreen 2.35:1 - from a DI file source (4k)
1080p 24fps - VC-1 Codec
5.1 PCM uncompressed
5.1 DTS-HD
English Subtitles

Source,
*www.zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9997&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45
*www.zulm.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9997&start=15&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Last edited:
OP
W

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
screencaps Heyy Babyy

*xs226.xs.to/xs226/08152/hey3197.jpg
*xs226.xs.to/xs226/08152/hey1931.jpg
*xs226.xs.to/xs226/08152/hey2859.jpg
__

Sony has said that the plan to release around 500 blue ray titles from the Industry, ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom