Incresing Download Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

escape7

What? Where? How?
I still can't believe it, its not possible, 35 kbps at max is too fast and here its 5 times more than that :D

pirates1323

In the zone
Yo I am using Sify 48 KBPS..... and I was getting 180 Kb/Sec download Speed for 1 week and then it was normal... :p :p :p ....at tht stage I was using Dap premium (crack) :twisted: :twisted: Seriously

escape7

What? Where? How?
i've got a great idea, exchange your hard disks & if it dosen't work just exchange the cable through which u guys connect to the internet... :lol:

bharathbala2003

why need title?
how will exchangin the HDD help? i mean in speed transfer? btw he said his coll spends bout 5lakhs.. so i suppose it can be a pretty gud line.. atleast a few mbps

hpotter606

Journeyman
My college is using 2 MBPS net connection. We get overall speed of 100 KBPS only and you are talking about download speed of 140 kbps??

escape7

What? Where? How?
bharathbala2003 said:
how will exchangin the HDD help? i mean in speed transfer? btw he said his coll spends bout 5lakhs.. so i suppose it can be a pretty gud line.. atleast a few mbps

well actualy ur correct there, he should interchange the cables, how? thats his problem. 150 Kbps of download is a hell of a lot dude. I download lots of stuff, i want this speed............................... :cry:

abhinav

Journeyman
Well when i use to have hotwire connection i use to get a speed of 200-300kbps d/l speed Really.
As i was the only person using internet in my area(through line offcourse)

Dont Believe it Now Believe It!

I m really true.

But actually this was not the case always but somedays when network had some problem Actually they had the problem ALWAYS!!!!Cheers!!!

vysakh

Padawan
hpotter606 said:
My college is using 2 MBPS net connection. We get overall speed of 100 KBPS only and you are talking about download speed of 140 kbps??

are you both from the same college ?

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Well guys, My friend finally told me .

Like we are allowed to access net in our college for a maximum of 4 hours a day. We use a software called " CYBER ROAM" to login. What we do is that after logging in the cyberroam, we start the download and when the download has started we log off, and then the speed rises. If we download while we are still logged we get a speed of 5KBps . It is a sort of hit and trial but 90% times it works. And nobody understands how this happens.

And one more help guys. This cyberroam does not allow us to access gaming sites so i am unable to download games from gamespot etc. The only site where i find games is Download.com.

Can you just paste some latest games demos link through which i can download directly. Also suggest some good softwares.

Charley

Just Do It
pirates1323 said:
Yo I am using Sify 48 KBPS..... and I was getting 180 Kb/Sec download Speed for 1 week and then it was normal... :p :p :p ....at tht stage I was using Dap premium (crack) :twisted: :twisted: Seriously

What causes the speed to change so much frequently. I have this dataone connection of 256kpbs & i havent got speed above 30kpbs.

maximus999

Broken In
WELL..............THIS KBps & kbps is really very confusing..........Plzz guyzzz note that before posting......Im talking about those who still dunno the difference............

whistler

Journeyman
hes true..

dont make him afraid, hes true, i myself in delhi (india) getting 130-150 KBps normally over a KU Band Sattelite link. And get over 250-300 KBps ocassionally..
Heres my screen shot
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/rajuraja/Scrnsht.jpg

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: hes true..

whistler said:
dont make him afraid, hes true, i myself in delhi (india) getting 130-150 KBps normally over a KU Band Sattelite link. And get over 250-300 KBps ocassionally..
Heres my screen shot
hey how'd u got that speed? what do u use? plzzzz tell me. also, how did u got the screenshot of ur pc.

whistler

Journeyman

The Incredible said:
whistler said:
Heres my screen shot
hey how'd u got that speed? what do u use? plzzzz tell me. also, how did u got the screenshot of ur pc.

i use KU Band 256 KBps dedicated link.
my d/l manager is flashget 1.65 and
as for the screenshot, just launch ur application, do a 'printscreen' from keyboard. open mspaint.exe and choose edit->paste->save.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl

whistler said:
i use KU Band 256 KBps dedicated link.
my d/l manager is flashget 1.65 and
as for the screenshot, just launch ur application, do a 'printscreen' from keyboard. open mspaint.exe and choose edit->paste->save.

Please elaborate more about KU Band. What it is and how such connections can be used in Delhi. Where are they available and related costs?

whistler

Journeyman
Ku Band

its the next step tech in VSAT .....cant have more details on it. (but u can always do google!!)
can tell u that we have it from bharti telecom (airtel fame) in bangalore..
check their web site it might b usefull.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom