Incresing Download Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys

In my hostel , we are provided Internet through LAN. I use DAP to download things and get around 5kbps speed but a friend who also uses DAP gets around 150KBps . is there any setting through which the speed can be incresed.

Help Me Guys

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
R u kidding, 150KBPS d/l speed. if u get the solution please do add in a tutorial in tuts section an let me know :)

kiran_k

Broken In
may be he is using dap registerd version. there u have a ultra mode where u get good speeds but not 150KBps, may be around 20kbps, notice the difference b/w KB(kilo bytes) and Kb(kilo bits).

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
ooh! plzz cum out of rumours ... wat is he ??

A son of a very very rich man with a silver spoon in his mouth or wat :lol: ??

download speed upto 150 kbps is a bit tooooooo much to speak in public .. c'mon .. ok! if its true .. than he must own some Optic fibre link just for his own comp :lol: .

U know how much does tht cost! ... for T1 it's ard 200 bucks per metre! got tht!

& the speed abt U r talking is way too gud.. U need to own a thicker fibre cable for tht .. something! like T3 or better than tht!

:lol: dunt behave :lol:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
drgrudge said:
LOL! From where did he get 150kBps? He got a t3 line?

Ooh.........T3 line if in India...........News to me............

It will take 150 years for India to reach a download speed of 150Kbps and maybe america will be at 1500GB/s

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
How do you the screenshot he posts will be from his friends comp?
Anyways, since all the PC's are networked, he can easily download a file from one PC to another and DAP will show speeds in Mbps.

naveenpoddar

Journeyman
If your using internet connection under the same lan then there can't be so much difference.

one getting a regular dial up 5kBps speed and other is enjoying 30 times faster speed.

Hexus

Banned
How do you the screenshot he posts will be from his friends comp?
Anyways, since all the PC's are networked, he can easily download a file from one PC to another and DAP will show speeds in Mbps.
It'd be plain foolish of someone to use DAP on Lan :p

notice the difference b/w KB(kilo bytes) and Kb(kilo bits).

Thats it!:)

chinmay

Journeyman
dude...no difference between unregistered n registered version...i have the latter 1 and speed is same...

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Woah 150kbps. Mission Impossible. Heres a tip. Drag ur friend kick him and threaten him with a knief is he don't say how to do it ;-)

OP
M

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
We have been provided net through LAN. i dont know much about the overall speed but i know that my college spends around 5 lakhs a month on net and they have taken connection from BSNL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom