• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
  • Sound quality
  • Camera
  • Video quality
  • UI

Arc for all these. Sony is famous for its sleek UI , good sound quality, stunning video quality and awesome camera.

Get Arc if you want the 4 points mentioned.

But don't forget one thing, Arc is 4.2", whereas 4". and HTC = 768MB RAM and SE = 512MB RAM, finally, SE comes bundled with Gingerbread and HTC is not (2.2).

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
ARC
Pros:
has a sleek design and nice looks,a good camera
Cons:
SE sucks in terms of service
Lacks a front facing camera

Incredible S
Pros:
Better UI then Arc,more durable,better service
Cons:
I haven't noticed any

I preferred Incredible S over Arc coz Incredible S has also a good camera but not good as Arc but still it is good.And also Incredible S will be getting gingerbread update in less than a month.And it has got very sober and good looks too.
Now its upto u...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Arc for all these. Sony is famous for its sleek UI , good sound quality, stunning video quality and awesome camera.

Get Arc if you want the 4 points mentioned.

But don't forget one thing, Arc is 4.2", whereas 4". and HTC = 768MB RAM and SE = 512MB RAM, finally, SE comes bundled with Gingerbread and HTC is not (2.2).

HTC Incredible S comes with Gingerbread.

The HTC Incredible S now packs a 4-inch, WVGA Super LCD display, rear 8-mp camera with HD capabilities flanked by two LED flashes, a front-facing camera, 1GHz Qualcomm processor, and 768mb of RAM, all powered by a 1450mAh battery. One clever bit they added: when you rotate the phone, the capacitive buttons (which are just a display anyway) also rotate. Add in the new Sense experience on top of Android 2.3.2 and, yeah, like we said, it's a totally respectable bump.

Both Arc and Incredible S are excellent phones. Arc has some advantages vis-a-vis the screen and looks. Incredible S has Sense UI and HTC world-class built quality. So, its difficult to choose.

abhidev

Human Spambot
I think Arc also has a hdmi port which Incredible S lacks....u can connect arc to ur lcd...so i think thats a cool feature but then Incredible S beats on RAM

aroraanant

Explorer
HTC Incredible S comes with Gingerbread.
Incredible S comes with Foryo but its update is going to come in 15-20days(thats confirm).

And apart from that in future it can be updated to Android 2.4.

@abhidev- phones can be connected to LCDs without an HDMI cables also with normal cables(composite or component AV cables) available widely in the market,BTW how often do we connect our phones to TVs,according to me HDMI is not that much useful. :)

Sarath

iDota
Arc all the way. I use it and its incredible(adjective).

I am not here for comparison but will let you know both the good and bad about the device:

Good(Pros):
>Super slim super sexy just awesome [Its just pawns every other phone i have seen]
>Huge screen
>Android 2.3.3 version. You have got the latest and an update to 2.4 has been confirmed by Sony (wen it comes fingers crossed)
>UI is slick and good.
>Good camera
>Ability to unlock bootloader (officially from Sony) for custom roms (edited lol)

Bad (Cons):
>Screen flicker- annoying screen flicker faced by some users including me. update on the way.
>Lag- yes sometimes! there is despite ample config [bearable]
>battery life sucks [not surprisingly though have to charge everyday]

Oh forgot to mention no front camera (this didnt affect my buying decision at all but its your call)

Overall i would say despite the problems(flicker mainly) i would have never vouched for any other phone. Everything else feels redundant. Get this and never look back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S. DO NOT USE THE POUCH THAT COMES BUNDLED WITH THE PHONE.

EDIT: also touching some minor features:

HDMI is a useless feature until you use it. Although not something i would use but a convenient way to show family and friends pic you have recently taken or videos too (720p recording). I did this once only. Waiting for the next party to dust the cable again. The only good thing is it comes bundled free

Also the media server is a nice app to connect to the PS3. If you have one you can use it to listen/ watch the songs/vids in your phone wirelessly streamed to the TV via the PS3. A neat feature; again only if you have use for it.

Last edited:

abhidev

Human Spambot
@abhidev- phones can be connected to LCDs without an HDMI cables also with normal cables(composite or component AV cables) available widely in the market,BTW how often do we connect our phones to TVs,according to me HDMI is not that much useful. :)

As Sarath said...hdmi port can be very useful...

Sarath

iDota
My phone fell out of it twice. It is not a snug fit so if you hold it the wrong way while pulling it out of your pocket then there are chances of it slipping out and falling.

Hmm would like to add the phone got dropped thrice and is still doing well. I thought it'll snap in half.

OP
sanithkk81

sanithkk81

Broken In
Check out this link. Here Incredible S won the battle :(
Mobile Grudge Match – Sony Ericsson Arc VS HTC Incredible S

And this one too. Sony Arc is ranked 2nd whereas Incredible S ranked 6th :D
20 best mobile phones in the world today | News | TechRadar UK

Top Bottom