In a Total Fix About Buying my 1st Android

arsingh1

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys ,
This is my 1st post in this forum. I'm Going to buy my 1st android, My Budget is 10k -15k
I searched various forums/sites for reviews.
-Around 10 k slot i got impressed by LG OPTIMUS ONE (Highly Praised in many sites) but what confused me was ,
I couldn't understand the dust issue every one is talking about
& Secondly The screen is not made of glass as in htc wildfire etc . Does this makes a difference( & what material is it made up of ).

-Then i thought of HTC WILDFIRE S it doesn't have GPU Which is a must.

-Then Came Dell XCD 35 the screen has good resolution But no GPU & LOW RAM makes the phone sluggish.

Then i thought of stretching my budget to 15 k & Motorola Defy came into picture . Every thing is awesome in this phone , flash support , big screen ,good processor.

But the only Thing which worries me is The Higher SAR US RATING OF 1.52 W/kg (head) 1.53 W/kg (body).
(Motorola DEFY - Full phone specifications)

I Know that most of the people do not consider it as a factor but after W.H.O.'S WARNING regarding mobile phone use we should consider these factors
Also Samsung Galaxy ace is in my Consideration . over clocked processor.

I THink my query has become too lenghty, but this is my confusion.

So It Is My Request to all the experts to suggest me .

Any one out of LG O1, DELL XCD35 & WILDFIRE S IN 10K Bracket.

And also if i go for Moto Defy plz discuss the SAR Issue. :?:
Thanks

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I have an LG Optimus One. I highly recommend it. Have not faced dust issues till now Been using it since the last week of March.

But if you like Defy, get it. Its a lot better built quality and is faster. Its SAR is well within the permissible limits and is sold worldwide, including in Europe where they are paranoid about safety of products.

So, IMO, get the Defy if you have the budget (14.5k)... Else, go for LG Optimus One (9k)...

Cheers!

guru_urug

iGoogle
Like AndroidFan said go for the defy, its the best for your budget.

Dont worry about SAR values and all. Its not like its a nuclear plant. Media hype these things. How many ppl u know have brain cancer becoz of overuse of phone? At tht rate everybody using cheap chinese phone shud have brain tumors. mobiles have been around for 15 yrs now. PPl should be more concerned about smoking, pollution, obesity. Theres 100 times more chance of dying of tht.

Motorola is a good brand. and the SAR rating is good enough. Go for it. The radiation is most when u dial number(during connection) and in low coverage. Best prevention method is to use handsfree like I do :) Cheers

techfreak

Broken In
If you are going for defy have a look at this thread.
motorola-defy-suffering-speaker-problems.
The issue is still not sorted.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
I would suggest you to go for Defy... it has got a great build..! it has got awesome specs! You won't regret your decision...

As far as the SAR value is concerned, the SAR is determined at the highest
certified power level, the actual SAR level of the mobile device while operating can
be below the maximum value.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ comes with 256Mb ram but some can be unlocked to 512Mb ram. some, not all.

Yes, now it is shipping with Android 2.2 but 2.3 is highly unlikely.

OP
A

arsingh1

dell comes with 512 RAM just got last week

upgraded to 2.2 and they confirm 2.3 soon

Thanks Guys For your valuable suggestions ,
BUt I couldn't understand this thing:?: that Dell Comes with 512 ram in some handsets ,Their website mentions
Flash: 512M
RAM:256M
Dell XCD35 | Dell India

I have an LG Optimus One. I highly recommend it. Have not faced dust issues till now Been using it since the last week of March.

But if you like Defy, get it. Its a lot better built quality and is faster. Its SAR is well within the permissible limits and is sold worldwide, including in Europe where they are paranoid about safety of products.

So, IMO, get the Defy if you have the budget (14.5k)... Else, go for LG Optimus One (9k)...

Cheers!
@AndroidFan THanks for your valuable suggestion , Can you tell me of what material the LG O1 Screen is made of, (Is it Plastic or Scratch free gorrilla glass )
THanks

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@AndroidFan THanks for your valuable suggestion , Can you tell me of what material the LG O1 Screen is made of, (Is it Plastic or Scratch free gorrilla glass )
THanks

Its not Gorilla glass... Regular TFT panel... Doesn't feel like glass, but not a cheap plastic crap either...

It is very decent, good viewing angles, good color reproduction. There is some issue about touch accuracy in the corners. While using Engadget app, I always struggle to press the comments page on the top right corner. I have to tap on it multiple times before a touch is registered.

It might be high end plastic or some other material. Doesn't feel like glass...

Cheers!

OP
A

arsingh1

Hello guys ,
I came across Motorola Quech xt5. around 10k
Can Anyone shed some light on this .
Comparing it with Lg o1
Thanks

OP
A

arsingh1

Hi Friends ,
Just came across this video review of Motorola Defy(without blur in india) of ndtv,
Big Review: Motorola DEFY & XT 800
It States that defy doesn't have pinch zoom & no multi touch , if its true then its sad.
Secondly can any body confirm defy in india getting offical 2.2 (froyo) update .
Thanks

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hi Friends ,
Just came across this video review of Motorola Defy(without blur in india) of ndtv,
Big Review: Motorola DEFY & XT 800
It States that defy doesn't have pinch zoom & no multi touch , if its true then its sad.
Secondly can any body confirm defy in india getting offical 2.2 (froyo) update .
Thanks

1. Yes. Official Froyo for Defy is here (ask Soumik).

2. Hardware supports multitouch and pinch to zoom. And I am 99.99% sure it has been implemented.

3. You can always install custom Cyanogemod 7 ROM from XDA... which will easily double your phone speed and battery life, and also add more features...

Please see review site: *igyaan.in/2011/01/motorola-defy-full-review-video-tests/

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If you want to spend the exact limit of budget, get a Moto Defy
else if you want to save up some money, get a LG Optimus One P500

Top Bottom