IEM for 2.5k

sukesh1090

Adam young
I ordered for Soundmagic IE10M from flipkart for 2k but they cancelled the order yesterday because of nonavailability of the IEM with their supplier and i searched every where for this and in all places they are out of stock so without any choice i need to go for some other IEM.I have seen IE11M for 2.5k at homeshop18 but not sure about the quality of the sound in IE11m.my preferences are i like bass but not too much and crystal clear vocal i prefer bit less of treble.so please suggest me which one to go or any other model other than these for the same budget.
btw is homeshop18 a reliable seller?
thanks.

audiophilic

Journeyman
I ordered for Soundmagic IE10M from flipkart for 2k but they cancelled the order yesterday because of nonavailability of the IEM with their supplier and i searched every where for this and in all places they are out of stock so without any choice i need to go for some other IEM.I have seen IE11M for 2.5k at homeshop18 but not sure about the quality of the sound in IE11m.my preferences are i like bass but not too much and crystal clear vocal i prefer bit less of treble.so please suggest me which one to go or any other model other than these for the same budget.
btw is homeshop18 a reliable seller?
thanks.

I'll be soon posting my In-depth review of the Twinwoofers from Tekfusion which produces an excellent sound at a price point that has made other iems look like a big joke! At only 1599, you can get the sound quality which is on par with Klipsch s4 and bose ie2. I own both the White and the black models.

Your other option is to go for Klipsch s4. I've never used soundmagic by the way so can't recommend much. You can spend your money wisely, or go for an expensive pair of earphones.

Other IEMS i would suggest will be:

Sony XBA 4
Klipsch x10
Klipsch s4i (comes very close to Twinwoofers with my after-math tests)
Bose ie2
Winter Billets from Munitio

Last edited:
OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
thanks yaar.i am going for vsonic GR02 for 1.6k:-D.
btw i heard bad about tekfusion that their build quality is not good????

audiophilic

Journeyman
thanks yaar.i am going for vsonic GR02 for 1.6k:-D.
btw i heard bad about tekfusion that their build quality is not good????

Good for you. Although V-sonic GR02 seemed like a flopper to me. Heard it once with my friends' iPod. Maybe it wasn't broken in properly or something. Not so true about the build quality of Twinwoofers. I'm using it for around 6 months without any issues. They're pretty solid in fact, more than most plasticy skullcandys and sennheisers out there :wink: hehe. Anyway will be posting my in-depth review which will include some notes on build quality among other goodies :D

PS I hope you're not talking about these:

*img.pconline.com.cn/images/upload/upc/tx/piebbs/1205/11/c0/11564819_1336704220718_3_1024x1024.JPG

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Burn-in effect is more psychological. Your earphones won't turn magically into a porsche after burn-in. It's just that they smooth out at the rough end to a certain degree.

A good earphone should sound good at the first listen itself.

audiophilic

Journeyman
Burn-in effect is more psychological. Your earphones won't turn magically into a porsche after burn-in. It's just that they smooth out at the rough end to a certain degree.

A good earphone should sound good at the first listen itself.

You're right, they do sound good, but not the best at first. About the soothing out effect comes in, but this is ridiculous what I'm experiencing. The sound has taken me to a place where i'm literally confused if my midrange headphones - the klipsch s4 and bose ie2 are really worth it? Maybe, its because they are made of better quality materials or the brand name or whatever the reason, but again, i can disagree with anyone who would favor the two of these against the Twinwoofers as far as the sound quality is concerned.

As far as i'm concerned, i have experienced some dramatic changes in sound with Twinwoofers (i'll be explaining these in my 6 months review/500 hour break-in (doing some last moment brushing on the review); when it comes to dynamic range of headphones, mostly over-ear and some few in-ears - they do require burn-in. I recently asked Jlab Audio for some of their IEMs for reviews and so i received the response from their reps that if i ever wanted to review their gear, i'll need to spend at least a month with them. So i leave it upon the manufacturer to decide if i should do a burn-in, and its really worth it to spend some time with them before review. I also asked them to send me those that had at least some few hours on them before i do my review.

Thinking of doing some more reviews on my over-ear headphones soon. But i'm sort of in-ear addict at the moment :D

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
@audiophillic,
here is the review of GR02 bass edition from joker of head-fi.org(hope you know him:wink:)

Details: Bass-oriented VSonic earphone based on the aging R02ProII
Current Price: $36 from lendmeurears.com (MSRP: est $36)
Specs: Driver: Dynamic | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 105 dB | Freq: 12-25k Hz | Cable: 4.3' 45º-plug
Nozzle Size: 5.5mm | Preferred tips: stock bi-flanges; MEElec “balanced” bi-flanges
Wear Style: Straight down or over-the-ear

Accessories (4/5) - Single-flange (3 sizes), hybrid-style (7 sizes), foam-stuffed hybrid (3 sizes), and bi-flange silicone tips, shirt clip, and padded spring-clasp carrying pouch
Build Quality (4.5/5) – The GR02 Bass Edition utilizes the same plastic-and-metal housings as the old R02ProII model and a number of other earphones. The construction is very good – the shells feel well put-together and the strain reliefs are strong and flexible. The cabling is similar to that of the R02ProII – thicker than that of the GR99, strong, and tangle-resistant
Isolation (3.5/5) – Good, especially with the included thick bi-flange tips
Microphonics (4/5) – Low when worn cable-down; very low with over-the-ear wear
Comfort (4/5) – The familiar housings are small and fit well. Long strain reliefs may pose an issue for some with over-the-ear wear but a cable cinch is present to help out. Tip selection is very generous

Sound (7.6/10) – Despite its ominous moniker, the GR02 Bass Edition doesn’t add a whole lot of low-end grunt to the sound of the older R02ProII model, which, admittedly, was hardly bass-shy to begin with. The low of the GR02 is punchy, but not inaccurate and the earphone is not quite a bass monster. There is a similar amount of deep bass compared to the cheaper GR99 but the mid-bass is dominant source of power with the GR02. Despite this, the Bass Edition also gains a bit of detail, control, and dynamics and can be more impactful than the GR99 when pressed.

The GR02 is also bassier than the higher-end GR06 and its low end can overshadow the midrange on occasion compared to the more mid-forward GR06, the more subbass-focused GR99, and more balanced-sounding sets such as the Monoprice 8320. The note presentation of the GR02 is thinner compared to the GR06 and the midrange clarity is a bit better. The mids are less liquid and intimate compared to the GR06 but warmer, cleaner, and a touch more forward compared to the GR99.

The top end of the GR02 bears some resemblance to the GR06 and GR07 models, with good presence and extension but a slight predisposition towards pointing out sibilance on tracks. For the price there are very few sets that do treble this well without sacrificing brightness as the lower-end GR99 does. Similarly, soundstaging prowess lags a little behind the higher-end models but is more than acceptable for the price. The soundstage is average in size and lacks the separation and layering of the GR06 but still provides a well-rounded sonic image for a satisfying experience.

Value (10/10) – VSonic’s new lineup continues to impress with this re-tuned take on the aging R02ProII model. An impressive performer with a focus on mid-bass punch, the GR02 Bass Edition provides unexpected bang for not very much buck and - from the durable, time-tested housings to the tangle-resistant cable and 28-piece tipset - doesn’t feel one bit outdated.

Pros: Very well-built, great sound for the money, generous tip set
Cons: N/A
link to the review Multi-IEM Review - 256 IEMs compared (Rock-It Sounds R-20 & R-30 added 09/29/12)

another review,
[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Before buying anything I do read up joker's thread and even ask him about the recommendations. His reviews are never intentionally biased. Moreover his sound preference matches mine.

While other threads which float up on front page of head-fi (hype-fi) are usually hyped beyond proportions, likely due to the reviewer discount or freebies they get from manufacturers/retailers.

audiophilic

Journeyman
@audiophillic,
here is the review of GR02 bass edition from joker of head-fi.org(hope you know him:wink:)

another review,
[REVIEW] VSONIC GR01, GR02 Bass Edition, GR06 and GR99

LOL. I was recently going through their website. Didn't find any such product. I think they have discontinued it or something. :p

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
they have not yet discontinued it yet but they will discontinue GR02 and GR04 in 1 or 2 months.:-(

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Tekfusion Twinwoofers
I am using a Tekfusion Twinwoofer and would recommend it.

Got it from Flipkart for Rs 1455.Well broken in for almost 20Hrs and its really great for the money it comes for.The apparent differentiation between the lows , mids and highs is refreshing at this price.It is warm and has a distinct low end presence without being overwhelming.Well it is a, touch uninvolving because of the mids (upper) and to some extent the higher frequency not being airy enough, but thats only apparent when you consider it to a identical (design wise) Edit IE8 (EDIT :Rs 15000) Dynamic driver earphones,but then thats not a fair comparison. Build quality wise it is super good,except that the wires could have been of better quality and same goes for the connection.Looks wise ....well with the triple flanges it will pass off as a Etymotic any day!!! All the petty criticism or audiophile snobbery aside........should you buy them , HELL YES !!! For the price its a STEAL.

Last edited:

audiophilic

Journeyman
Tekfusion Twinwoofers
I am using a Tekfusion Twinwoofer and would recommend it.

Got it from Flipkart for Rs 1455.Well broken in for almost 20Hrs and its really great for the money it comes for.The apparent differentiation between the lows , mids and highs is refreshing at this price.It is warm and has a distinct low end presence without being overwhelming.Well it is a, touch uninvolving because of the mids (upper) and to some extent the higher frequency not being airy enough, but thats only apparent when you consider it to a identical (design wise) Klipsch Custom 3 (Rs 13500 - Rs 15000) twin driver earphones,but then thats not a fair comparison. Build quality wise it is super good,except that the wires could have been of better quality and same goes for the connection.Looks wise ....well with the triple flanges it will pass off as a Etymotic any day!!! All the petty criticism or audiophile snobbery aside........should you buy them , HELL YES !!! For the price its a STEAL.

Very well said! :wink:

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
Buy a M2 or GR 01!
I would not even spend 100 bucks on phones like TwinWoofer!

don't worry i will never buy that, with so much of spamming and self promtion for these IEMs in other forums and that much of replacements because of there build quality i better spend 100 bucks more(may be even less than that),i will go for vsonic based on joker's and others review.btw thanks audiophillic for your views.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
More than 300 actual users self promoting and spamming about TwinWoofers!!!!

Tekfusion - Twinwoofers In-Ear Headphones | Headphone | Flipkart.com

red dragon

Master troll
Actual users,my a&s!!
The shady company behind those twinwoofers tried to bribe a popular audiophile member of another indian forum to write a positive review for them!!
I do not remember the exact sound signature of those,but there was abslutely nothing special about them.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^^
See its you and not all. You dont remember the sound signature but loose talk and slang out of not even spending Rs 100 on them.It makes me wonder rather you are paid to talk negative in forums to bring down Tekfusion as you think Tekfusion pays others to speak positive about them.Thats how you are making me feel mate.That miss conception aside....

Audio perception differs from person to person. What you might like I might loathe. It will go on. But without hearing something extensively that too an audio equipment I wont loose talk or pass an audio judgement. What you like the about the Vsonic GR 01 and 02 I find them coloured. They add their own signature to the final sound and a lot of signature. 02 adds unwanted bass and 01 kills the the truth with making things more rounded than they actually are at both frequency extremes. You might call it sweet and warm , I call them coloured. We all have our opinion. An audition is the answer, and all we can do is recommend. I like the Tekfusion as much as I like the GR01,but they are not faultless none of them are or will be at this price as you are trying to project about latter.The tekfusion will always amaze because of its inherent strength of twin driver with better separation and control over the entire frequency without being starined or muddled at high volumes..Im living with the Tekfusion , a Klipsch Custom 3 and a Sleek Audio SA-6 and I have very very good sources( read CD player : one box and two box) to play em on and judge them simultaneously.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I never knew that you guys tested Vsonic GR 01 ($200 IEM) and Incinerator rates these hardly on par with Twinwoofer. Dunno what you guys are smoking.

Amazon.com: VSonic GR01 Pro balanced iron drive noise Isolation Earphones Earbuds IEMs with 15 eartips: Electronics

As for those reviews on flipkart, it's like viral marketing.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^ Have you heard the Tekfusion,living with them???

I dont know what you are smoking ...dollar bills maybe. When its audio money dosnt buy you honey here mate. If I go by money then in audio terms a a Bose 901 speakers do better than a ATC SCM or say a Bose companion 3 does better than a Audioengine!!!!! Wake up. Money is a non point in audio.

And mate I didnt rate non against non,read carefully ,I called GR 01 coloured and Tekfusion lacking involvement but has technical inherent strength of twin drivers aided frequency separation!!!!

I repeat for the price Tekfusion is great.

Loud & Clear???

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
common dude don't go harsh on others.what problem do we have with twin woofers?we tell what we saw in other forums and other people's reviews.btw don't give us those useless flipkart reviews.i know how much technical are these guys who review those.even if they are not paid most of them write biased reviews.In one forum a guys says pl21 is ****in front of Twinwoofers.so you want me to believe this guy and who just register the forum just to comment on the IEM. common buddy I am not a noob.i can clearly make out that these are just self promotion.there are lots of people who returned the IEMs back to flipkart because of defect in their IEMs(check there is a thread in this forum,you will get it or google it).
btw you are telling red dragon to not to comment without buying and you are comparing GR01 and 02 to twinwoofers without having them.you are telling GR01 is nothing and the views of those guys who are reviewing IEMs for years are noobs .lol.

Top Bottom