IEM for 2.5k

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@The Incinerator

I see the recurring theme of twin drivers in your posts.

What kind of twin drivers are those ? Care to provide schematics or internal diagrams. It will be nice to see the innards unless these are some top secret patent pending research.

Also, now that you mentioned that you have very very good source. Care to divulge the details of your setup. Audio files and their specification used ? What methodology you used to test these ?

More drivers doesn't mean the sound will be better. It's the implementation that matters. FI-BA-SS costing $1000 is still as good as hybrid designs like AKG 3003.

Btw GR01 is a twin twfk balanced armature driver IEM. Would like to see what kind of coloring you are talking about. Probably few pics too to see we are talking about the same GR 01.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^
common dude don't go harsh on others.what problem do we have with twin woofers?we tell what we saw in other forums and other people's reviews.btw don't give us those useless flipkart reviews.i know how much technical are these guys who review those.even if they are not paid most of them write biased reviews.In one forum a guys says pl21 is ****in front of Twinwoofers.so you want me to believe this guy and who just register the forum just to comment on the IEM. common buddy I am not a noob.i can clearly make out that these are just self promotion.there are lots of people who returned the IEMs back to flipkart because of defect in their IEMs(check there is a thread in this forum,you will get it or google it).
btw you are telling red dragon to not to comment without buying and you are comparing GR01 and 02 to twinwoofers without having them.you are telling GR01 is nothing and the views of those guys who are reviewing IEMs for years are noobs .lol.

Mate I never go harsh on any one,he has edited his post. He did offend by posting "what are we smoking" hence. And regarding your purchase you are free to take a decision,Im not forcing anything on you.I have Twinwoofers and I just explained,that they are not what you guys are making it out to be.Thats my view and free to express it ,its a forum right. Thats the problem you believe what you "saw" in other forums but me and the other guy here actually own them and hear them ...anyways nothing goes wasted ..peace,

EDIT: Please do read the post before commenting and otherwise things look out of place. Show me where did I say that the "GR01 is nothing"? Dont invent conclusions that I havnt drawn. Read ....

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Mate I never go harsh on any one,he has edited his post. He did offend by posting "what are we smoking" hence.

Care to elaborate which offensive part I omitted in my post. I removed the reference to joker's review and added flipkart line.

And now back to the previous reply of yours. Care to explain the points I have put forward.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@The Incinerator

I see the recurring theme of twin drivers in your posts.

What kind of twin drivers are those ? Care to provide schematics or internal diagrams. It will be nice to see the innards unless these are some top secret patent pending research.

Also, now that you mentioned that you have very very good source. Care to divulge the details of your setup. Audio files and their specification used ? What methodology you used to test these ?

More drivers doesn't mean the sound will be better. It's the implementation that matters. FI-BA-SS costing $1000 is still as good as hybrid designs like AKG 3003.

Btw GR01 is a twin twfk balanced armature driver IEM. Would like to see what kind of coloring you are talking about. Probably few pics too to see we are talking about the same GR 01.

Stop editing your posts first !!! Cant get worse.

audiophilic

Journeyman
^^ C'mon guys. Relax, will you. I think the OP has made his decision to go for GR02, so this thread should be closed or somethin!

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^ "What are you guys smoking" is what you deleted!!!!

Please have a look at my post. It's still there. It's not deleted.

Now I really wonder !

^^ C'mon guys. Relax, will you. I think the OP has made his decision to go for GR02, so this thread should be closed or somethin!

I think members here are curious about twin drivers in twinwoofers and would like to know the setup Incinerator is using. And if possible pics of GR 01 (twin balanced armtaure IEM) too as he did compare it to twinwoofer as evident from his post.

audiophilic

Journeyman
Please have a look at my post. It's still there. It's not deleted.

Now I really wonder !

I think members here are curious about twin drivers in twinwoofers and would like to know the setup Incinerator is using. And if possible pics of GR 01 (twin balanced armtaure IEM) too as he did compare it to twinwoofer as evident from his post.

Twinwoofers don't have BAs, i highly doubt this. I think they're so called because they have Twindrivers as a single pair. And the drivers, as per their manufacturing is definitely dynamic, not BA. I also think that BAs are super-hyped and overrated. Not everyone prefers a BA over dynamic or vice-versa, its up to the listener's choice and ofcourse your experience with them. If BAs were so good, AKG wouldn't use a dynamic driver as part of their triple way k3003

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Twinwoofers don't have BAs, i highly doubt this. I think they're so called because they have Twindrivers as a single pair. And the drivers, as per their manufacturing is definitely dynamic, not BA. I also think that BAs are super-hyped and overrated. Not everyone prefers a BA over dynamic or vice-versa, its up to the listener's choice and ofcourse your experience with them. If BAs were so good, AKG wouldn't use a dynamic driver as part of their triple way k3003

I'd like to know are they implementing twin dynamic drivers as two separate diaphragms like Radius DDM2 or Brookstone Dual Drivers or it's some thing different. There is no schematic that I can see on official website unlike the one available for Radius.
*cdn.head-fi.org/4/44/44f8ee3e_DDM2.png

The point of using dynamic in k3003 is because dynamic generally excels at organic bass re-production. And it's a no brainer that these move more air and rattle like beast. But there is one pitfall, the decay and speed.

Balanced Armature are better at detailing, speed and resolution. Good for mids and highs. At least that's what I experienced.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Balanced Armature are better at detailing, speed and resolution. Good for mids and highs. At least that's what I experienced.

And that dosnt quite sum up the entire musical experience for me. There isnt a single BA product that covers the entire spectrum completely. I own a SA-6 and its a classic case in point.No matter how much you tweak you cant get the air in high frequencies or if you manage you will loose the bottom end!!! When its balanced you do get a sound that is rolled off at both ends. Thats for a single BA and for dual BA like the Klipsch Custom 3 the sound does get better but then it has the typical BA upfront sound presentation without the warmth or dynamic bass.

Since you are bragging so much I believe the member are even more curious to know what BA IEM and Dynamic IEM you are using.The sources and everything.Do post and Ill post mine. Dont go back and delete anything please.Ill post everything in my signature all together.Do the same.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
And that dosnt quite sum up the entire musical experience for me. There isnt a single BA product that covers the entire spectrum completely. I own a SA-6 and its a classic case in point.No matter how much you tweak you cant get the air in high frequencies or if you manage you will loose the bottom end!!! When its balanced you do get a sound that is rolled off at both ends. Thats for a single BA and for dual BA like the Klipsch Custom 3 the sound does get better but then it has the typical BA upfront sound presentation without the warmth or dynamic bass.
I'd like to know what tweaks you did on SA-6.

As for warmth and full spectrum. A161P shares decent amount of warmth despite having a single full range balanced armature as opposed to dynamic drivers. Every manufactures sets the tuning to their in-house signature and the implementation varies. Final Audio Design IEMs are as good in lows as they are in highs. Bass is almost like the one produced by dynamic drivers and highs crisp as ever. Intimate presentation with very deep soundstaging. Try these if you get a chance:
heaven s | final-audio-design
FI-BA-SS | final-audio-design

More drivers doesn't mean good sound. It's more to do with the implementation and tuning.

A dynamic driver can be dull sounding too (upper midrange subdued) and devoid of overemphasized bass weight too (RE272).

Since you are bragging so much I believe the member are even more curious to know what BA IEM and Dynamic IEM you are using.The sources and everything.Do post and Ill post mine. Dont go back and delete anything please.Ill post everything in my signature all together.Do the same.

Isn't it wiser on your part to provide the answers to the questions which I asked earlier ? Still waiting for that.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I'd like to know what tweaks you did on SA-6.

The point is will you understand if I make you understand,or it will be as fruitless as it has been all evening? Bass Port ..treble tips... HF filters...bass tips ...triple flanges...etc etc.... now dont ask me what these are!!!:shock:

You still didnt answer as to what BA or Dyanamic IEMs you are using. Whatever Im using is right there in my signature.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The point is will you understand if I make you understand,or it will be as fruitless as it has been all evening? Bass Port ..treble tips... HF filters...bass tips ...triple flanges...etc etc.... now dont ask me what these are!!!:shock:
You know that you cannot add something which isn't present there. Therein lies the limitation. While, yes, you can subtract from what is already present.

You still didnt answer as to what BA or Dyanamic IEMs you are using. Whatever Im using is right there in my signature.
Still I am not clear about the twin driver mystery of twinwoofers. I'd like to know about that.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You know that you cannot add something which isn't present there. Therein lies the limitation. While, yes, you can subtract from what is already present.

Still I am not clear about the twin driver mystery of twinwoofers. I'd like to know about that.

I agree you can subtract, as we do in case of speakers using foam bungs in bass ports but then we do augment too by using weight ,speaker stands, fillers etc etc.If you take these in consideration then Sleek Audio has done something similar but differently as IEMs are different from speakers.

The mystery is... they use twin dynamic drivers in two earpieces

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
ok buddy you are telling you haven't said anything about GR01 and 02 here it is,
02 adds unwanted bass and 01 kills the the truth with making things more rounded than they actually are at both frequency extremes
thats what i was able to make out from this line.
now:toast:
like you said, twin woofers may be a great IEM but the way their companies are making people to buy and routes tothey are taking to promote their product just doesn't feels good.makes people to stay away from it when they come to know the truth.go through below link and see how many replaced their IEM because of defects,
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/audio/154634-tekfusion-twinwoofers.html

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^
ok buddy you are telling you haven't said anything about GR01 and 02 here it is,

like you said, twin woofers may be a great IEM but the way their companies are making people to buy and routes tothey are taking to promote their product just doesn't feels good.makes people to stay away from it when they come to know the truth.go through below link and see how many replaced their IEM because of defects,

02 does add extra bass no doubt about that. And 01 does add a signature they are not ruler flat. Yes ..so? Whats is bad about that??? All valve amplifiers add sugar to the sound but even then we all dream to own atleast the entry level of them. So wheres the bad??? You are again comprehending and drawing conclusion. Take time and read my post,understant what I mean and only then do comment.I have even said things about Tekfusion, "BAD" things didnt you see them. Im fair, I dont talk or pass judgement about things I havnt experienced.

OP
sukesh1090

sukesh1090

Adam young
^^
common man why you talk like that.have i been rude to you any time.this is forum some mistakes may happen we both don't think at the same way.i have told you thats the way i got it.maybe i was wrong thats it.take it cool. you just go on banging some one for small things.take it easy dude.sorry but i can't hold myself from saying this.sorry.:toast:

audiophilic

Journeyman
^^

I can show you over a thousands of people who had got their GR02 replaced because of the same problem or even more problems. You can't simply say if this one got his headphone repaired or replaced, i will also suffer from same problem. Its very childish. Look at beats by dre and monster in-ear headphones, they have thousands of customers who were suffering from headphone problems, in one way or another, and that does not keep people away from buying their product.

Look at billions of unsatisfied apple customers, and not only apple, many more companies like klipsch and bose. Tekfusion has come up with a phenomenal product, so i see no reason why they shouldn't promote it. Every one does promote their products, only that they have different methods. So saying 'keeping people away' is actually a contradictory phrase. Maybe it will keep you away, but nobody else.

As for your IEM choice of concern, then good luck with your GR02 :mrgreen:

Top Bottom