IE8 passes Acid2 Test and FF3 fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
IE8 Passes Acid2 Test.But FF3 fails this test.

Now with this, Microsoft IE again proved to be best.

Full article here:
*www.sitepoint.com/blogs/2007/12/20/ie8-passes-acid2-test-web-standards-project-dies-of-shock

The Acid2 test was developed by the Web Standards Project (WaSP) as a challenge to browser developers. In a single page, the test makes use of a broad range of features from several different web standards that developers have wanted to have in browsers for some time, and it uses them to display a deceptively simple smiley face.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
It is true that nearly all web pages are designed with IE in mind and as such those are rendered perfectly with IE. Still, I have been addicted to Firefox from its very inception irrespective of its shortcomings. While I continue to use IE because some pages as www.anandabazar.com wouldn't open in any other browser, I mostly stick to Firefox.... this addiction will continue throughout my life. Viva la FF. :)

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
I dont want to start but opera is my choice...

Offtopic

Opera users..

Have yöü noticed that after long time of usage opera starts to consumme or say it builds of so large amount of memory...and even becomes slow.i even changed opera to use less memory ,still it uses large memory.anyway to solve?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Who the hell says firefox 3 does not pass the test?! You M$ guys have nothing better to do than to spread FUD! I can see for myself that firefox 3 passes the test.. Whereas i cannot see for myself whether IE8 does it too.. So ill accept that when i can see that for myself.. Till then i urge you to just stfu. And M$ being the best! HA! What a joke.. Some stupid browser _claims_ to pass the acid 2 test after YEARS of having a crap reputation of being the WORST wrt web standards and suddenly it becomes the best! Great!

Last edited:

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
Who the hell says firefox 3 does not pass the test?!

Quoted from the article verbatim,
The current beta of Firefox 3 comes close, but isn’t there just yet. With this announcement, it looks like Internet Explorer may actually beat it to the punch!

....You M$ guys have nothing better to do than to spread FUD! I can see for myself that firefox 3 passes the test.. Whereas i cannot see for myself whether IE3 does it too..

its IE8...

and plzz stop with this crap of typing M$ instead of MS.. as if only Microsoft is making profit on the planet...

So ill accept that when i can see that for myself.. Till then i urge you to just stfu.

whoa :shock: size of your ego is pretty big mate... good luck with it

_

ray|raven

Think Zen.
naveen_reloaded said:
Opera users..

Have yöü noticed that after long time of usage opera starts to consumme or say it builds of so large amount of memory...and even becomes slow.i even changed opera to use less memory ,still it uses large memory.anyway to solve?

Doesnt happen on my work system,I keep it running all day.
Although, 9.5 beta does become unresponsive after prolonged use.

Do u use 9.5 or 9.24?

Regards,
ray

kalpik

Quoted from the article verbatim,
Im afraid then your sources are bad.. Please dont post stuff from the same source again without verifying. :|
its IE8...
Typo.. Fixed.. Thanks for pointing out. :)
and plzz stop with this crap of typing M$ instead of MS.. as if only Microsoft is making profit on the planet...
Stop spreading FUD, and ill stop writing M$ :rolleyes:
whoa :shock: size of your ego is pretty big mate... good luck with it
Its really irritating for me to see people post false news and then cash on it as if its the news of the century :rolleyes:

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Who the hell says firefox 3 does not pass the test?! You M$ guys have nothing better to do than to spread FUD!
Dear you are not performing the test...so people dont care your results.

Go and ask the same question I can see for myself that firefox 3 passes the test.. Whereas i cannot see for myself whether IE3 does it too.. So ill accept that when i can see that for myself..
There is no IE3.

And regarding IE pass test.......refer to this page:
*blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2007/12/19/internet-explorer-8-and-acid2-a-milestone.aspx

Till then i urge you to just stfu.
Till that ..!!!wht.
I dont care ur comments....

And M$ being the best! HA! What a joke.. Some stupid browser _claims_ to pass the acid 2 test after YEARS of having a crap reputation of being the WORST wrt web standards and suddenly it becomes the best! Great!
IE7 #1 in the US and UK, and expected to be #1 worldwide shortly.
*blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2007/11/30/the-first-year-of-ie7.aspx

Last edited:

kalpik

Dear you are not performing the test...so people dont care your results.
LOL! Anyone can perform the test! *www.webstandards.org/action/acid2/ :lol:
There is no IE3.
Is that all you can do? Point out my typos?
IE8 passes , refer to this page:
And regarding IR pass test.......refer to this page:
*blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2007/12/19/internet-explorer-8-and-acid2-a-milestone.aspx
I will not believe it until i can have a copy of IE8 beta and test myself. M$ promised us a lot of stuff for Vista too.. But we don't see it anywhere now. :rolleyes:
Till that ..!!!wht.
I dont care ur comments....
Good for you! But can you believe that FF3 passes the test? No? Even if you test for yourself? Heh..
Just because its bundled with windows and most people don't care to install a separate browser, doesnt make it any better at supporting web standards. (And repeating it twice wont make it better either). I'm sure you agree with me on this. Now don't say you don't care about web standards.. ACID2 test is ALL about web standards only.

Say that IE is the most used browser, ill agree. Say that IE8 passes ACID2, ill believe when its out, or i can have a preview build. But say that FF3 does not pass ACID2, when i can see for myself that it does, that's just crap.

Last edited:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Dude, please verify your data before you post,
Googling "Firefox 3 Acid test" will give enuf results saying ff3 does indeed pass the test.

Also, check this out.
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid2#In_development
It lists FF3 as a Acid2 Compliant browser in development.
Oh n also, it says IE8 doesnt.

Regards,
ray

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
It is true that nearly all web pages are designed with IE in mind and as such those are rendered perfectly with IE. Still, I have been addicted to Firefox from its very inception irrespective of its shortcomings. While I continue to use IE because some pages as www.anandabazar.com wouldn't open in any other browser, I mostly stick to Firefox.... this addiction will continue throughout my life. Viva la FF. :)

Just a thought...

Any shortcoming in any MS software would get their asses kicked black and blue! Dont see it happening to others softs much....

kalpik

LOL......
everything is wrong..U are right.!!!
Now what to say to this :| Poor M$ fanboys.. Living in a dark world.. Cant even google for themselves and see :(
this is not FUD.........
Then what is it? FF3 passes the test, we can see it for ourselves! I dont have to rely on any link to prove that! And then you say IE8 passes it, when i cannot see it for myself :|

Last edited:

kalpik

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acid2#Timeline_of_successful_browsers

Scroll down to where it says IE8. I rest my case.. That's why we don't trust M$ in whatever claims they make until we can see for ourselves. Any more argument now?

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack

Scroll down to where it says IE8. I rest my case.. That's why we don't trust M$ in whatever claims they make until we can see for ourselves. Any more argument now?

Now see ;)

the title itself says it, "Timeline_of_successful_browsers"

_

goobimama

 Macboy
Is that all you can do? Point out my typos?

When someone starts to correct typos, you know they don't have much to say... especially a small and obvious typo like IE3-IE8. And I could be wrong, but there was definitely an IE3 at some point of time...

OP
ravi_9793

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Just because its bundled with windows and most people don't care to install a separate browser, doesnt make it any better at supporting web standards. (And repeating it twice wont make it better either). I'm sure you agree with me on this. Now don't say you don't care about web standards.. ACID2 test is ALL about web standards only.
U mean to say that people of US and Uk are fool/lazy or dont know abt other browser.so, they use IE??

The above two contradicts your original posts. Hence it is FUD. There are numerous articles proving that FF has passed the test
did u read all post??

The news was itself published here :
*forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=614123&postdays=0&postorder=asc&postsperpage=15&start=0

some people saying it passes..some saying fails.

and some saying it is fixed.

Last edited:

kalpik

The news was itself published here :
*forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=614123&postdays=0&postorder=asc&postsperpage=15&start=0

some people saying it passes..some saying fails.

and some saying it is faixed.
Is it toooo hard to download a copy of firefox 3 from here, and then test it here? Seriously man! You should know when to give up..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom