Identify the Motherboard

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
hey, so i opened my MOBO the other day and i coudn't help but notice this thing. can someone tell me what is it?
and how to open my cpu's heatsink+fan as i tried to push the side clamps but it never opened.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11452&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11453&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11454&stc=1

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
from the looks of this it looks like a modified cpu cooler for P4 478 pin cpus .. you need to make use of the latch .. put a hand on the top of the cooler and keep a gentle pressure [ not too much ] now just try to slide the latches towards the opposite direction [ mobos backside with usb, lan ports ] though be careful on this and don't blame me ;-)

For identifying the motherboard use cpu-z software and have a look at the motherboard tab.

OP
rohitshubham

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
no, of course i know it's a 865 chipset mother board, i just was asking for the part which i have circled. so it's a cooler for mobo?

Gollum

Collector
hey, so i opened my MOBO the other day and i coudn't help but notice this thing. can someone tell me what is it?
and how to open my cpu's heatsink+fan as i tried to push the side clamps but it never opened.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11452&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11453&stc=1*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11454&stc=1

yo, send me the serial or product number of your PC via PM, I will get you all details.

PS taht is the chipset[northbridge] heatsink, not removable. WHy do you want to remove it?

OP
rohitshubham

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
no, i actually want to remove the CPU fan to clean it as you know it's 6-8 years old and hasn't been clean once

Gollum

Collector
I have sent you a reply, open the service and maintenance guide. It has the proceedure to remove each and every component.

ratul

█████████████████
haha, that spiky thing is the heatsink for your 865 iGPU, they are mostly installed in parallel to CPU coolers, so that airflow from the ends of CPU heatsink is directly flown to this heatsink, thus keeping your inbuilt 865...
and to open it, just push the metal pins from it's sides, and pull it out... to remove heatsink of CPU, press the clips from black side, and the try to push it out in a sliding motion, and after that pull out the heatsink..

OP
rohitshubham

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
so, which will be better fx5200 or iGPU 865 in performance??
I Know it's like asking which is better "uganda or nigeria":p

OP
rohitshubham

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
of course, i have a way better laptop, actually my DAD uses it and you know he doesn't needs a better one coz he only checks mails and a bit of word processing and until it burns down, he won't buy one:mrgreen: or if it isn't even able to check mails ..

Top Bottom