Ideal gpu for my system

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
shud i buy this 128 bit GPU for my i5 3570 non k version
Amazon.com: XFX ATI Radeon HD6670 1 GB DDR5 Displayport/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card (HD667XZWF4): Computers & Accessories
or this
*www.amazon.com/Sapphire-Ultimate-D...85363&sr=1-4&keywords=Radeon+HD6670+1+GB+DDR5

processor-i5 3570 non k version

mother board = ASUS P8B75-V *www.flipkart.com/asus-p8b75-v-moth...Y5JQ&ref=4bca30ee-520f-444d-8260-c2b6391eae08

psu - corsair vs450

ram 4x2 transcend 1333

Last edited:
OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No my budget is 6k. And hd 6770 is probably the best in that range. I just wanted to know if this is compatible with my system.

Vish2a9l

Journeyman
After spending pretty much on your processor, I think you need 7770. 7770 combines pretty well with your proc. If you want a good gaming experience, I'd suggest you go for 7770. Again, this is basically just my opinion. You might want to shell in another 2k and not regret later.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

I appreciate your concern but i am really tight on budget. Cant spend a penny more than 6k.
And well I dont think HD 6770 is that bad.
Could you plz tell me if the card i mentioned is compatible with my system or not.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
modern graphics card are never incompatible.all graphics card need is a pci-e x16 slot which usually every mobo has now-a-days.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Op - if you buy from Amazon you won't get any warranty - so you better get the gpu from here :
Buy Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 in Mumbai India
or
SAPPHIRE 100326L Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Graphic Card

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: You live in India?
Then don't buy from amazon as you will lose warranty.
And don't buy XFS as you will face problem during RMA.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Yes I live in India. Ok; so i wont buy from amazon and as u say i shall go for a sapphire gpu.
But should I buy processor from amazon; I can save atleast 2000 bucks by doing so. In my opinion, the processor wont need much of a warranty as I never had a problem with any of the processors used till date. Do you guys advice otherwise /

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

hey topgear.
Which i5 processor do you suggest under 12 .5 k [not going to overclock]. 3450 or 2500 non k ... or something else /

Last edited:
OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

As i said,I never had any problems with my processor over the years. So I was planning to get the processor from amazon to save some cash.

To be frank, When I buy stuff from India, I just order everything from sites that provide COD[majorly flipkart] because I dont have a card/net banking ac.
So basically, if I want something thats not available on flipkart or at a near by store, I just tell my brother in US to order it for me from amazon through his account.
These days, the best GPUs under 7-7.5 k have become unavailable on flipkart. None of the 6770 cards was in stock and hence I think I will be going with 6670 as I am pretty sure that locally too it wont be available.
ANY SOLUTIONS //

:sad:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you are from Mumbai and still you're saying you can't find a HD6770 - try theitwares/primeabgb etc.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

but what are your thoughts on 2500 vs 3450 //

And do you think I should wait for the 4th gen processors expected to release early next year as that would bring down the ivy bridge prices and also broaden my choices. Also, if i buy a mobo now, will the chipset it uses be compatible with a 4th gen processor [in case i upgrade in future].

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Haswell would be around 10-15% faster than IB for sure and heard it will be based on LGA 1150 - so whether it would be compatible or not can't say right now - may be Intel will introduce a new socket with new chipset ;-) comparing clock to clock speed Core i5 3550 should be ~6% faster than core i5 2500 - so core i5 3450 will perform equal to core i5 2500.

Top Bottom