Ideal gpu for my system

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
most of the pc components don't have international warranty sans laptop/netbooks.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
BTW, I can see you inclined more towards gaming rather than SV12 ;-)

Haha ...not true ---- i read at forums that the 560 aint bad for vp either.

most of the pc components don't have international warranty sans laptop/netbooks.

Thats sad .... BUt the gpu has no reason 2 die if i dont plan 2 OC right // Atleast for a good 4 yrs //
4 yrs from now, I shall be earning so I dont really hv much to care post that period.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
No the GPU should last for 4 years without any issue and if GTX 560 VP12 then go for it .. you are going to get a good gpu.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No the GPU should last for 4 years without any issue and if GTX 560 VP12 then go for it .. you are going to get a good gpu.

Noticed your quick calculations in power req in many threads. So heres a quick one --- the vs450 should suffice the 3450 'paired with the gtx 560, correct //

btw --- which one ---
*www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2148466&CatId=28
or
*www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=555335&CatId=3669

I think the 900 mhz with the dual fan would be better right ///
Just noticed there are just 3 reviews for that variant compared to 35 on the 850 mhz variant.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The single fan GTX 560 can reach upto 80c .. so you better get the gfx card with 2x fan and yes, the psu is fine enough for the cpu and gpu .. don't just oc anything though.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@blueviking: IMO, go with topgear's suggestion. it will make you PC more powerful gaming-wise. good GFX chipsets are all that are needed for good gaming perf.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Need Final thoughts on these choices ---

1] i5 2310 or i5 3330w @ same price
2] gtx 560 @ 900mhz or gtx 560 ti @ 822 mhz at same price.

links --
PROVANTAGE: Intel BX80637I53350P Core I5-3350P LGA1155 3.10G 6MB L3 Cache 22NM
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2310 Sandy Bridge 2.9GHz (3.2GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I52310

EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Fermi 822MHZ 1024MB 4008MHZ GDDR5 2XDVI Mini-HDMI PCI-E Video Card
EVGA GeForce GTX 560 DS SSC - Graphics card - GF GTX 560 - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI Express 2.0 x16 - 2 x DVI, Mini-HDMI at TigerDirect.com

EDIT - I ve compared the SB - IB cpus knowing the 3350 is better coz the IB runs hot and the gtx 560 runs hotter --- so thats just an alternative

Last edited:
OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

My brother gets it for me --- btw dhl ships a gtx 560 from us to india for 35 usd ~ 1800 rs. Some other relatively lesser known companies ship it for close to 25 usd ~ 1300 rs.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Dont buy EVGA gpu's they dont have much service center in India

But they re probably the best manufacturers --- as good as ASUS. btw which one has ample of service centres.

What about the custom duties?

Hes smart enough to avoid them. If you bring a used product --- they dont charge you. All he needs to do is unbox it and box it again safely in some other box.

I cant find a 3450 under 180 usd :|
the 3350p lacks internal gpu.

So planning to get a 3450/3470.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dont buy EVGA gpu's they dont have much service center in India

but Op lives in Mumbai and Tirupati Enterprise ( OverClockers Zone ) has service center in there but getting a product from abroad menas he won't be able to claim RMA here .. so if there's any service center exists or not really does not matter .. so best would to go for superior quality.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Now that all is said and done, I ve ordered an i5 3470 and a gtx 560. I still have around 1.5-2 k left to spend. I was wondering what to do with it.
1)buy a cx500 instead of a vs450
2)get a cooler
3)get a decent 2.1 audio syst
4)get another 4 GB corsair stick {currently have 4x2=8 gb}.

Another concern --- Will the gtx 560 (dual fan) fit in the cooler master 310 or I need a bigger cabinet ???
gpu link - www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2148466

official site mentions it length = 8.25" --- *www.evga.com/products/pdf/01G-P3-1466.pdf
official site stats for CM310 --- *www.coolermaster-usa.com/product.php?category_id=19&product_id=2920

I think it should fit with some space left,correct ?

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
better PSU and cooler are the top priority.almost no need for RAM unless you are running VM's or doing heavy memory-dependent work (or overclocking)speakers are a very personal choice, i prefer headphones for myself.

Top Bottom