Ideal gpu for my system

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
better PSU and cooler are the top priority.almost no need for RAM unless you are running VM's or doing heavy memory-dependent work (or overclocking)speakers are a very personal choice, i prefer headphones for myself.

I have a Panasonic RP HTF 600 - S which is a monster budget headphone. But while multiple people watching movies, its not of much help. Even, I think speakers aint a top priority. Coming to RAM, I do edit videos which does depend upon RAM ( but does it need more than 8? ). So, we re left with -
1) 4gb ram
2) a cooler
3) cx 500 in place of vs 450

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ram and cooler can be added later anytime but if you are buying ew ram now get 2x 4GB for better compatibility and getting a more powerful PSu is always the best future proof investment you can make.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

^^ Then a cx500 it shall be (if I don't splurge it elsewhere).

BTW ---- Anyone knows how the eco series of seasonic fairs ?? As I also have an eco 500 lined in the choices of psu.
Plz rate these psus - corsair cx 500, corsair vs450, corsair cx430v2, seasonic eco500.
Is this correct -
cx 500> eco 500> cx430 v2~ vs450
Trying hard to find a cx 500 close to 3.4 k.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seasonic makes good psus so the Eco 500 must be of good quality but the main issue with Seasonic PSU is the RMA.

Among all these CX500v2 is your best bet and it's available @ ~3.3k on local shops.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

So lets finalize this --- which one to buy ---
ECO 600@3.9k vs CX500v2@3.5k ?
Or something else. I can barely afford the eco 600. So dont suggest a costlier one. Also the cx600 v2 has bad reviews on many sites so thats not an option.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

but as seasonic is as reliable as corsair, wont a 600 w be a better buy over the 500 ?
It also has close to 85% efficiency.

Edit - I skipped bad rma. So I assume corsair has better rma.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
actually, you dont just have to look at the wattage, the types of micro-components used is very important too.
so that may drive the prices up of a 500W unit, making it a better choice over a similarly priced 600W unit.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Actually I will be leaving for my hostel as soon as Diwali ends. So, my brother (currently in US) is forcing me to buy the GPU later in may when I ll be returning home for summers and its pissing me off. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, Now when I look upon it wisely, he seems to have a point. It ll take me another week for the complete build, so I ll hardly have a weeks time. After I leave my place, obviously the 560 Ti is just going to rust as my parents use the pc solely for surfing/browsing. So I am giving this a thought - buying an i5 3570K as of now and pairing it with a Corsair GS600 and an airy cabinet (elite 430) to ensure its enough for the gpu later on. Also, another advantage would be --- at that point of time,surely I ll be getting a better GPU at my current budget and probably rejoice more in the summers.

Any thoughts ? :|

And which cabinet would you suggest >>> CM elite 310 plus or CM elite 430 ??

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
The i5 3xxx series have quite a capable gpu... just make sure your motherboard can support this feature.
It'll be enough for light gaming and media usage.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

The i5 3xxx series have quite a capable gpu... just make sure your motherboard can support this feature.
It'll be enough for light gaming and media usage.
Why is there a need to care about the hd4000 when I will be buying a GTX 560 Ti or better ??

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually I will be leaving for my hostel as soon as Diwali ends. So, my brother (currently in US) is forcing me to buy the GPU later in may when I ll be returning home for summers and its pissing me off. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Well, Now when I look upon it wisely, he seems to have a point. It ll take me another week for the complete build, so I ll hardly have a weeks time. After I leave my place, obviously the 560 Ti is just going to rust as my parents use the pc solely for surfing/browsing. So I am giving this a thought - buying an i5 3570K as of now and pairing it with a Corsair GS600 and an airy cabinet (elite 430) to ensure its enough for the gpu later on. Also, another advantage would be --- at that point of time,surely I ll be getting a better GPU at my current budget and probably rejoice more in the summers.

Any thoughts ? :|

may be because of this ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ buddy it's a personal call entirely .. you have to question yourself if you want to have a GPU just for a few days or hold yur horses for much better deal when you can actually torture the gpu with games in summer season with hell lot of new games and probably a much better gpu than GTX 560 .. my 2 cents : Wait and then get a Keplar based GPU/AMD counter part - in summer holidays.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

^^ buddy it's a personal call entirely .. you have to question yourself if you want to have a GPU just for a few days or hold yur horses for much better deal when you can actually torture the gpu with games in summer season with hell lot of new games and probably a much better gpu than GTX 560 .. my 2 cents : Wait and then get a Keplar based GPU/AMD counter part - in summer holidays.
Just wanted to hear this for the peace of my mind. Thanks a ton, Now I can be sure Ive made the right call.

Last edited:
Top Bottom