Ideal gpu for my system

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

No highs, No lows = Bose.
much better as in //
Could you explain using numbers , example--- by 12 percent or --- comparison in time taken for rendering a 2 minute 720 p movie.

Video editing and gaming, both are equally impt to me.

doomgiver

Warframe
go check up on tom's hardware. they have nice pretty charts and stuff showing just how much faster is X card compared to Y.

Benchmark Results: MediaEspresso And Luxmark 2.0 : AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power

there you go, though its been over 7 months, and amd has time to improve stuff.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

That was helpful.

So what I ve gathered so far is that the CUDA technology in the GTX series makes a substantial difference when it comes to video rendering.
That just puts me in a fix as the 550 ti sucks when it comes to gaming.
My budget for the GPU is 9.5 k ... cant really extend it to 11.5 k to get a GTX 560.
Any thoughts guys ------- :-(

EDIT -
*www.flipkart.com/gainward-nvidia-1...MHXG&ref=4b8c8ee5-71fc-4215-a570-30203c561455
hey all ----- found the SE version of the 560 on flipkart- which is relatively slower [compared to 560] but as far as I know, it is as good as the hd 7770 as far as gaming goes. It uses CUDA technology so it is bound to be better at video rendering/playback. But I am skeptical as I see very few buyers on flipkart for that model.

here is some comparison -
*community.futuremark.com/hardware/gpu/NVIDIA+GeForce+GTX+560+SE/compare

*news.softpedia.com/newsImage/Nvidi...Head-to-Head-with-AMD-s-Radeon-HD-7770-3.jpg/

see this benchmark result , but seems video editing details are not there. AnandTech - Bench - GPU12

I have gone through that and that's the problem with the gtx 550 ti - it sucks at gaming.

I am seriously inclining towards the Gainward GTX 560 SE available for 10k on flipkart ....
*www.flipkart.com/gainward-nvidia-1...MHXG&ref=4b8c8ee5-71fc-4215-a570-30203c561455

Unless Anyone has alternate thoughts ///

heres another thread
*www.tech-forums.net/forums/f75/gtx-560-se-vs-hd-7770-a-259993/

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
My budget for the GPU is 9.5 k ... cant really extend it to 11.5 k to get a GTX 560.
Any thoughts guys ------- :-(

GTX550ti is piece of cr@p in terms of gaimg, and moreover, power consumption is also a factor eith that.
If you can't really extend your budget, I would suggest you to look in the market section of different forums, you will get GTX560 for ~8K or even a 560ti for 10K.
Otherwise, wait...
BTW, I saw a MSI GTX560 is being sold for 10K at flipkart. May be you should contact SMC for the same.

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

GTX550ti is piece of cr@p in terms of gaimg, and moreover, power consumption is also a factor eith that.
If you can't really extend your budget, I would suggest you to look in the market section of different forums, you will get GTX560 for ~8K or even a 560ti for 10K.
Otherwise, wait...
BTW, I saw a MSI GTX560 is being sold for 10K at flipkart. May be you should contact SMC for the same.

On flipkart - The gtx 560 SE is available at 10k [which performs about 15 percent slower than the gtx 560 but slightly better than 7770].
Should I go for it //

And here on Thinkdigit -- I could not find any recent threads regarding the gtx 560.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I suggest you to read these :
Accelerate your performance with AMD FirePro
Vegas Pro 12 GPU acceleration

Vegas Pro 12 has god support for openCL and HD7770 has strong support for OpenCL and performs very good - so you better get HD7770 if you need a good balance between gaming and video encoding using vegas pro 12 :

luxmark.png

Benchmark Results: MediaEspresso And Luxmark 2.0 : AMD Radeon HD 7770 And 7750 Review: Familiar Speed, Less Power

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

Vegas Pro 12 has god support for openCL and HD7770 has strong support for OpenCL and performs very good - so you better get HD7770 if you need a good balance between gaming and video encoding using vegas pro 12 :

Great --- That helped me make up my mind. I dont currently have VP 12. But I ll get it soon enough. Thanks a ton.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you are welcome .. and see using a latest version of app and most recent gpus has their own advantages over the old ones - so if you are going for something new get new only ;-)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
with the release of VP12 and all is latest features made VP 11 'old'.

BTW, which HD7770 you are getting ? the one available at SMC @ 8.2k ?? or going to get it from a shop near to your house ? 20 min walk ;-)

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

with the release of VP12 and all is latest features made VP 11 'old'.

BTW, which HD7770 you are getting ? the one available at SMC @ 8.2k ?? or going to get it from a shop near to your house ? 20 min walk ;-)

Was waiting for ur opinion about the same ----
The smc GIGABYTE doesnt have a on site warranty it seems.
Hence, I was inclining towards the ASUS one - with a 3 year warranty - even though it costs an extra 1k - I heard it runs at relatively cooler temperatures and in case of any issues - the shop is just a 20 min walk :razz:

What say //

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think I've posted a answer a little while ago here ;-)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/164873-rade0n-7770-best-variant-out-these-mumbai.html

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

jUSt asking --- should i reconsider buying the ASUS 7770 if my brother is getting me a ZOTAC GTX 560 [820mhz] from newegg with 2 yr warranty for 1k cheaper //

OP
Thetrueblueviking

Thetrueblueviking

I am not planning to OC ---- any reason y the gpu should die in less than 4 years // Plus, His friends are making frequent trips [once in 4 months] so I can just ship it bck for free.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you are OK with the RMA thing then you can go for it and Zotac offers 5 years wartranty if registered within 15 days of purchase.

BTW, I can see you inclined more towards gaming rather than SV12 ;-)

Top Bottom