IBM layoffs strike first in India; workers describe cuts as 'slaughter' and 'massive'

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
There should be strict labour laws against these practices. This is way beyond any ethics.
In Indian IT industry there are no labour rule and no policy regarding the same. The laws which exists today are heavily backdated and are for manufacturing industry which is pretty much dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Well may be some patriotic shareholder wants reinstate the company as an American company

- - - Updated - - -

India = cheap labor

quicky008

Technomancer
but they are from IBM ...those guys will just create tough compitition for common IT guys like me ....Now I wanted to shift company in November ...what if these 13000 IBM guys takes away all the job in IT this year....I will be dead :(

Sorry to hear that my friend,i hope and pray that you won't be affected by these worrisome new developments and that you'll be successful in making the transition from your present employer to a better one by the end of this year.

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
but they are from IBM ...those guys will just create tough compitition for common IT guys like me ....Now I wanted to shift company in November ...what if these 13000 IBM guys takes away all the job in IT this year....I will be dead :(
in which technology are you working on?

Renny

Padawan
People are just slaves to these companies.

Is such cutting common even in hardware/support departments? Or only in software development?

bubusam13

Human
This news is not fully correct. Yesterday I contacted one of my ex colleague who is now working in IBM. STG people were intimated 3 months before. They have also been given 3 lakhs job compensation.

Top Bottom