iball lpe223-400 for amd phenom 2 925

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelsea_roks

Broken In
hi,
I have a Amd phenom 2 925 CPU and a 9600 gt nvidia palit GPU.I have iball lpe 223-400 smps.I would like to know if it it enough to run this config.
I am having a problem that whenever I start games the CPu goes off and I had to switch off and on UPS to start my PC again.The problem started when I gave my iball entizer SMPS for service and they replaced it with lpe 233-400 model.Any solution.

thanks guys

Less power supply most probably. Please read these two threads:

1.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/147389-power-supply-blacklist-thread-newbies.html
2.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/power-supply-cabinets-mods/104472-basic-guide-right-power-supply.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for now PC just turns off, keep this up and in a months time PC won't even start. Good luck with a crap PSU.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP -change the PSU as other's have suggested - for a basic but goor PSU lok for corsair VS450 @ 2.1k.

If you are still facing the issue then it's most probably some issue with your UPS or ram modules.

OP
C

chelsea_roks

Broken In
I thought phenom 2 925 ws 95 watts + 9600 gt shouldnt consume more than 50 watts so thought it would be enough and it was working fine with iball entizer smps..And if i do get corsair VS450 from online how much warranty does it have how can i get it serviced....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
9600GT requires external power which these crap el-cheapo PSU can't offer. That is the reason for the reboots. Entizer may have used some better components. Usually rebranded quality OEM PSUs.

3yr warranty on VS as well as CX. Corsair have service center in all cities (provided through some 3rd party).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I thought phenom 2 925 ws 95 watts + 9600 gt shouldnt consume more than 50 watts so thought it would be enough and it was working fine with iball entizer smps..And if i do get corsair VS450 from online how much warranty does it have how can i get it serviced....

the cpu's load power consumption is around ~170W ( ~150W during gaming ) and the gfx card consumes ~85w under load.

smartmind0007

Broken In
i have iball lpe223-400 smps. i dont handle any heavy tasks as such. just movies and music. i have 40gb ide hdd and want to expand my memory. but i dont want to spend on a brand new hdd. i have a spare 40gb ide hdd at hand. if i connect it, will my psu be able to handle the load of 2 hdd's?? also, whats the output capacity of my psu?? pls reply.. urgent.. thnx

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have iball lpe223-400 smps. i dont handle any heavy tasks as such. just movies and music. i have 40gb ide hdd and want to expand my memory. but i dont want to spend on a brand new hdd. i have a spare 40gb ide hdd at hand. if i connect it, will my psu be able to handle the load of 2 hdd's?? also, whats the output capacity of my psu?? pls reply.. urgent.. thnx

HDD doesn't require lot of power, around 20W. So adding another HDD won't tax your PSU much so go ahead. But do change your PSU as soon as you can.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
If your PC crushes randomly, then only upgrade PSU, otherwise not.
A HDD takes ~15-25Watt of power.

aloodum

Journeyman
@@ thread starter :
Lets play the number game.

Apart from the GPU, the other power guzzler would be the cpu, which i reckon takes anything between 95 to 104 Watts.

IIRC, the lpe223-400, well It's got 17 amp on the 12v rail, which means (12 X 17 =204W from 12V).

Most Gpus in use today have a very low wattage requirement when the processing load is less- ie watching movies(excluding Blueray,HD), browsing net, listening to music..ie 2D mode
When u play games, thats when the card literally rips open the packet..ie in 3D mode , and it becomes quite a guzzler based on make /model/architecture

The same applies even for CPU's. So when u run a game, both are great watt guzzlers.

The original 9600GT needed at least 24~26A on the 12V rail as it needed external power connector from the SMPS, and plugged directly in to the GPU PCB. The castrated "power saver" versions, however, could do with far lesser requirement, as the 75W from the PCI slot was enuff.

Hence, if you are indeed using the card which needs an external power supply along with that quad core, powered by that excuse of a smps, the days of ur mobo/gpu are numbered.
If ur using the power saver version, ur walking on a razor's edge mate.

smartmind0007

Broken In
thanx sam, d6bmg, aloodum & ashis.. :) my psu doesnt have the extra ide connector for the 2nd hdd. will get an extension done from somewhere..

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
PSU & IDE connector?
IDE HDD needs Molex connector, whereas SATA HDDs need SATA power connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom