i7 950 vs i7 2600k(sandy bridge)?

rajan1311

Padawan
I was not talking about the SB, was just saying in general...

It seems its only the "K" series that can be OCed, others have been artificially limited to some 4.1GHz...when are these gonna release anyway ?

S_V

In the zone
those are test pieces sent to Hardware review sites.. They are not yet out for Sales...

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
oh my lord. The 2600k beats all i7's flatout and the thubans are left chewing the dust even in video encoding tasks. When overclocked on air with intel stock cooler, it reached 4.3ghz and challenged the mighty i7 980x and even beat it in a few tests.

Considering this as a midrange part, just imagine guys what intel has on its sleeve.

Check this

These processors also have the new AVX instruction set which outperforms the competion in media transcoding tasks.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Impressive stuff.

But charging more for an unlocked multiplier is 'bleh.'

S_V

In the zone
It's confirmed ...
Big Brother which is set to be out in q3 2011 is going to whoop i7 1366 ### ......

@OP
I think you got your answer. No one in right mind will go for i7 1366 when 2600K available....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Core i5 2500k and 2600k are very very impressive. Core i3 2100 isn't.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Oh man, the K series OC like hell. No more BCLK. Not happy with them creating special OC parts though at different price points. But I guess it would be difficult with the unified internal clock nwo.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Guys check out the anandtech review of sandybridge. The 2600k and 2500k are simply bludgeoning the competition.

Refer this and please comment guys.

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
And lo behold here goes the tomshardware review.

Check this

ALL HAIL INTEL QUICKSYNC. A dream come true for video encoding and media transcoding.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dude just $15 more than the normal version... :D
yup, why even bother to release K series lol. :mrgreen:

Let us continue here: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technology-news/135653-intel-sandy-bridge-discussion.html

Last edited:
OP
A

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online
so guys should i buy the i7 950 or wait for the i7 2600k? please be frank about ur opinion.

and when will 2600k be launched and available in india and for what price?

S_V

In the zone
@adityamgk

No Offence....

are you so much in hurry.. well you can buy i7 950 (Which is purely waste of money looking at 2600K).... It's not like you are updating from i7 920 to 950.. You are completely buying new system ,right?

ALL THE BEST with i7 950....

They will be available before this month ending I would say atleast within 20 days....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed, better wait for Core i7 2600k and then make a decision.

srch07

Journeyman
Call the indian distributors and ask when will they be available in india.. lol

Intel® Authorized Distributors

Top Bottom