I need a movie player that can paly NFS movie files(.mad )

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Disaster!!!

Hi All!!!

Really bad news...

I downloaded the True Cast Player from On2. It supports VP6 Files.
But, the NFS VP6s dont play in it. I Guess EA People tinkered with the file.
Or simply enough, this VP6 might be different.

Anyways, this was fun searching...

Kinshuk

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
can you tell me .. where did you get the info that the format has been changed to VP6
cos, with all the digging i did on the internet, i could not find any refence to VP6 files,
I only saw references about .mad format

-----
alibi

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Not a mistake here

Hi buddy,

just install NFS UG2, go to NFS UG2\Movies folder and see for yourself.

I didnt say they changed the format, i said this time the files are VP6 and MAD.

In FIFA2005, NHL2005 etc, EA is still using .MADs

Regards
Kinshuk

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Sorry To Be Cuttin In Late On The Discussion Buddy's But Seems Here Like The .MAd Files Have really taken up The Next Level Of Audio Decoding Compression......So Lets See If I Can Try and Get Something USeful Here If I can That is :lol:

Here's The Link For Info On Mad Files:
*www.underbit.com/products/mad/

And Here is a Possible Plugin Download For WInamp Which Would I Suppose Try to make these files work :roll:
*www.atmaxsoft.com/trayplayer_links.html

Enjoy Pals 8)

kinshuksunil

Broken In
This is MAD

Hi All

sorry folks,

but this MAD format is an AUDIO FORMAT, and clearly we know the EA MADs are VDO files so I think this is just not the one.

As i remember in my first post I said, that EA has the habit of adding extra things into general formats and make new uncommon formats. Well I guess so are MAD and VP6.

I really think we can find a player at some FAN Site, they come up with such unique tools...

so maybe we need to reset our searchs...

Kinshuk

kinshuksunil

Broken In
HyperSnap!!!!

Hi

Never used HyperSnap, but I think it doesnt capture any video...

Moreover, for capturing video by hypersnap (if it does) we have to first play the game till the time any video is shown, and then capture it.

Btw, any NFS fan, completed UG2??? I am at level 4 - coal harbor, completed it about 80%... just wanted to know, do i get to take Rachel's revenge????

regards,
Kinshuk

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Err People...

I see many of u have mentioned various players capable of playing VP3-VP6, etc.

Well its, not as simple as that man, VP62 is just another codec like DivX n XviD. And it is implemented using the *.avi container for encoding video files similar to DivX n XviD!

So when u find any player on the net which plays VP3-VP6, essentially it just means that it can play *.avi files encoded using VP31,VP60,VP61,VP62, which are one of the best MPEG4 based codecs out there!

For more on these codecs refer to my thread:

:arrow: Which is the Best Video Codec Out there?

As far as the*.vp6 videos in NFS U2, well they are encoded in VP62 but cant be played by any ordinary software player, it is a modified container created by EA especially for NFS U2. Something similar to having *.wmv as well as *.avi as containers for WMV9 & also *.dat & *.mpeg for MPEG.

For those who din't know in VCDs; *.DAT is not used just for the heck of it but because the *.mpg / *.mpeg is not capable of embedding extra data that is required in VCDs......Try converting a *.DAT file into a *.mpg using VCD Gear n u'll notice a decrease in the file size owing to the extra info being ripped off!!! (It was an obvious choice to choose *.dat cos it can store any thing -> dat = DATA; And any any software or hardware capable of reading the data stored can read/run/play the file!!!)

As far as playing *.vp6 files of NFS U2, well I guess we 'll have to wait until someone is able to decode the container format, or wait for a Rad tools update probably, till then keep finding... :lol:

P.S.:
A lotta people have mentioned, I use this player n that player, n this plays this n that......Well what a player plays does not depend much on the player by it self but the codecs uv got installed in ur computer, u can install K-Lite Codec Pack in ur comp. to play most of the videos under the Sun on ANY video player installed on ur comp. For specialized formats like .3gp n all Quicktime, Real Player & even Windows Media Player can play them using pluggins!!!

OP
D

dcp15121980

Broken In
someone plz search a player to play nfs movie files.they are of .mad file extensions.

the vlc dont play bik and swf formats but infact media player clasic plays tht but media player classic dont play umx format(unreal music) but the vlc plays it

friend plz hunt tht mad down immediately.GUYS of the NFS and FANS plz join ur hands letz hunt down tht hiding beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom