I need a movie player that can paly NFS movie files(.mad )

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcp15121980

Broken In
I have been searching the net for 2yrs for a program that could play nfs movie files (.mad file extension).So far i have not suXeded. All my searches are in vain. If any1 knows anything about this topic please post your comments here.

To me media player classic is the best it supports a wide range of formats

.aif .aifc .aiff .au .snd .wav .cda .ac3 .dts .vob .ifo .d2v .fli .flc .flic .ivf .mka .mkv .mid .midi .rmi .mp3 .mpa .mp2 .m1a .m2a .mpg .mpeg .mpe .m1v .m2v .mpv2 .mp2v .dat .ts .tp .tpr .pva .aac .mp4 .ogm .ogg .divx .vp6 .asx .m3u .pls .wvx .wax .wmx .mov .qt .ra .rm .ram .rmvb .rpm .rt .rp .smi .smil .roq .swf .smk .bik .avi .wma .wmv .wmp .wm .asf

These are the formats that are supported by the player if you have the codecs installed.

best thing is download ACE Mega CoDecS Pack it do come with Media Player Classic + a lot of other util that i hav not explored. Here is the download link
*www.free-codecs.com/download/ACE_Mega_CoDecS_Pack.htm

If u find other file format supporting player plz do post the download link.

Guys N Gals those of u read this remember my .mad file format.

kinshuksunil

Broken In
MAD is a mad format

Well friend

I thought I should tell you, the MAD Files are a special format created by EA Sports. Perhaps, they might be a common video format with some extra stuff into it, may be extra comression or modified headers and all...

Thats why you couldn't find a player that supports MAD files. I'll recommend searching NFS or even for-that-matter any EA Game Fan Site. The Fans generally come up with such tools, from (un)likely sources.

I am in pursuit too, so if i find one will tell ya....

Kinshuk

swatkat

Technomancer
Try Rad Tools which consists of Bink and Smacker codecs/players/converters.The Bink and Smacker are the formats used by most of the games (0ver 2000 of them),try to open the files using Rad Tools.
Download it here:-
*www.radgametools.com/bnkdown.htm
Check games that use Bink and Smacker:-
*www.radgametools.com/binkgames.htm

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Thought might be of Interest...

Hi guys,

guess what,

the EA Guys changed their video format (for the NFS Series) from MAD to VP6. So, now you need to update your search criteria.

BTW, MAD or VP6 is not a regular video format, so RAD Game Tools wont be of much help....

Happy Surfing n Searching...
Kinshuk

Sumod

Right off the assembly line
VP6 could be a public codec

Not tried this myself, but vp6 sounds like this codec : *www.on2.com/vp6.php3
from On2 Technologies

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
hey i found out that zoom player plays vp6 videos
after dloading the codec tht Mr.Sumod pointed to
still no solution
zoom player gives an error saying it cant play the files

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
wjatever you do do not download ACE Mega Codecs pack. First of all its huge in size (50Mb plus!) Second it does not play XVID and AC3 codecs well. It used to crash my media player all the time. Rather use the Klite codecs pack. Its much smaller in size (less than 10 megs) and its rather lightweight and easy to use.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
*www.codec-download.com/

all u need is K-lite Codec pack and Nimo Codec Pack
thats quite all u need to play any file on earth .. just saying so ;)

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Files not playing

I downloaded the KLite Codecs and also the VP6 Codecs but still the media files aren't playing....

Do i need a special player for the .VP6???

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
sorry kinshuksunil
it Nimo Codec .. corrected the spelling above too
( im a bit too infatuated by nemo from 'finding nemo' )

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Only VP6 Encoders :(

Well Guys,

I downloaded the VP6 Codecs from the on2 site, but they are only encoders and not decoders, so the vp6 files on my sys are still not playing :(

any idea, what to do next?

kinshuk

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
if you have Quick Time installed ..
then it will even play quicktime files ..
it did on my comp .. i was amazed to see that ..

VLC is the mother of all media players ..

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
cant say .. i dont have any ..
all demos i have are in .dm3 format ..
and of course they cannot be played in VLC

but VLC is no doubt the crudest player on this planet ..
it can play reall badly damaged avis too ..

-----
alibi

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Still No VP6

Hi All

I tried wverything suggested, but still couldn't find a player that plays VP6 Files. I have both, the VP6 Encoder and Decoder, yet these files dont play.......

What should I do now.

Kinshuk

swatkat

Technomancer
Re: Still No VP6

kinshuksunil said:
Hi All

I tried wverything suggested, but still couldn't find a player that plays VP6 Files. I have both, the VP6 Encoder and Decoder, yet these files dont play.......

What should I do now.

Kinshuk

Use ZoomPlayer,it plays anything.Download from here:-
*www.free-codecs.com/download/Zoom_Player.htm
Formats supported by ZoomPlayer:-
Zoom Player is capable of playing all common media formats and quite a few of the not so common, including:
AVI, Matroska (MKV), QuickTime (MOV), Cellphone 3GPP (3GP), Flash (SWF), RealMedia (RA/RM/RMVB/RAM), Windows Media Format (ASF/WMV/WMA including DRM with WMV Professional version), OGG Movie (OGM), MPEG1 (MPG/VCD), MPEG2 (MPG/SVCD/VOB), MPEG4 (DIVX/XVID/ISO), VP3-VP6, MPEG Layer 3 (MP3), Vorbis Audio (OGG), Dolby Digital (AC3), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC), MusePack Audio (MPC), FLAC Audio (FLAC), OptimFROG Audio, Monkey Audio (APE), Wave Audio (WAV), CD-Audio.

Try downloading TrueCast Player from On2, from here:-
*www.on2.com/duckutils/duck_license.php3?class=player

i read somewhere in WinAmp website that versions greater than 5.03 play VP6.
WinAmp 5.03
* added eMusic trial offer to installer. uninstaller included in Program Files\Winamp\eMusic
* fixed a crash bug when playing some AVI files in in_dshow
* added multimedia keyboard keys in global hotkeys default configuration
* added "Manual playlist advance" in Repeat button popup menu in Classic mode
* improvements in MP3 encoder configuration (added --alt-preset standard, etc...)
* made the tabs in the preferences XP correctly themed under Windows XP
* revamped the Media Library preferences a bit
* new experimental WMA9 input plugin
* gen_jumpex updates from DrO
* added "Nuke library" action in Media Library
* more upside down videos fixes
* fixed crash if a plugin generated a pledit wm_windowposchanged on shutdown
* fixed crash exploit in in_mod (thanks Peter Winter-Smith)
* fixed various crashes in in_midi when playing invalid files
* made in_midi store its settings in winamp.ini instead of the registry
* fixed error during installation on computers with chinese/oriental regional settings
* removed AOD from installer
* added Shift-R to toggle manual playlist advance
* updated VP6 video decoder to latest VP6.2 code
* fixed crash when launching winamp with very long filenames from explorer
* made registration dialog to appear in Explorer's taskbar when installing pro version
* fixed pledit/video windows showing up at startup when minimized
* modern skins updates :
- winamp modern skin now uses a 3 state repeat button: no repeat/repeat all/repeat track
- added appplication desktop toolbars capabilities for layouts, add appbar="left|top|right|bottom" to
use them
- upped maki binary version, improved stack protection
- current skin version number is 1.2 (this should not change for a long while now, and of course we continue
to support 0.8 to 1.1)
- (very) limited maki debugger (for now you can bring it up with invokeDebugger(); in a script then use 'x'
- to continue and 'i' to trace into)
- fixed obscure capture problem with dragging windows
- fixed rectrgn being forced to 1 in xml xuiobject buttons that are originally imageless
- fixed hilited state not on after clicking on buttons while the mouse stays in area
- fixed scripted onEnterArea/onLeaveArea not being always correctly called while mouse button stays down
- fixed getToken being passed NULL throwing guru
- fixed clipping of painting within the background's region of a group rather than within the composed
region (the one you can change with sysregion)
- fixed image cache problem when using the same bitmap as a map and a button image parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom