I can has bike?

No essays here, have 1.3L, primary choices are RE Thunderbird, KTM Duke, Pulsar 200NS.

Shoot them comments :-D

Shah

Cyborg Agent
If you will be touring a lot, Buy RE TBTS or CBR150R. If you will riding in city, then get Duke. Dont consider pulsar 200NS when you can afford a Duke.

OP
H

hsr

I really don't have a habit of sticking to one style of driving. City mostly, and occasional touring (>500kms). I was considering to downgrade to a pulsar 220, gives the same specs as the TBTS, and a mediocre mileage.

Sarath

iDota
What is your primary use?

City or do you tour often (like visiting a nearby native)

What's your height and weight?

OP
H

hsr

Height and weight? Seriously? :p

I would use it around city outskirts more often than touring. But when I go for a trip, it would be greater than 500kms, mostly to hilly areas and beaches (*cough* goa *cough* ootty).

and I'm heavyweight :p

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Choose between KTM Duke 200(lacks pillion support) and CBR150R(good pillion support, weighs just 136kgs which makes it flickable in traffic and relaxed seating postures for touring).

If i were you, I would have chose CBR150R. I dont like the looks of the Duke. But, Beware of Honda's ASS...!

OP
H

hsr

stretching my budget a little bit, if we put in the CBR150r, CBR250r, Pulsar 200NS and the KTM 200, what would you suggest for the following points:

Mileage, comfort and build quality.

d3p

PowerHouse
@HSR: Two things i want to highlight here.

1). Stay away from Pulsar 200NS [Its just another street bike, not for cruising.]

2). Stay away from KTM DUKE [Pricey, cramped up & also another street bike for day commuters]

3). Honda CBR250R [Overall its a good package, but pricey & also not recommended for long rides, until unless you want to break your spine.] same with any other bikes likes R15.

If you have a good height like 6ft+ then never think of bikes like Apache, FZ, or any other bikes of similar riding posture.

Go with Royal Enfield. I heard like Thunderbird 500 will be launched soon. May be priced around 1.6l on road. mileage will be 35kmpl, maintenance is ok, Build quality is good.

Or Check the new Aquila from Hyosung. Not sure about the price though.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@d3p: FYI, Honda CBR250R is a complete touring package. Who the hell said that people above 6 feet get back pain while riding CBR250R? Have you ridden the CBR250R before? AFAIK, CBR250R is built keeping tall people in india. BTW, I am NOT a Honda Fanboy. If i were to choose a 250cc bike, I will go with baby ninja.

OP
H

hsr

Okay, it comes down to this, either the Royal Enfield Thunderbird Twinspark or the Honda CBR150R.

pros and cons, please :)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Go for a Test Drive and choose the one which you find comfortable. Riding RE TBTS in city is not a easy task. But, you can cruise at 90kmph all day without any discomfort. I dont know much about CBR150R. But, My friends who Test Drove it, told that the seating posture is sporty. But, it weighs just 138kgs and is easy to ride in city.

d3p

PowerHouse
@d3p: FYI, Honda CBR250R is a complete touring package. Who the hell said that people above 6 feet get back pain while riding CBR250R? Have you ridden the CBR250R before? AFAIK, CBR250R is built keeping tall people in india. BTW, I am NOT a Honda Fanboy. If i were to choose a 250cc bike, I will go with baby ninja.

I guess, you mentioned about the riding posture of Honda CBR250R. I think you have mentioned it to be sporty, then how the hell can you imagine it to be a touring package. Then in the same way R15 also can be a touring bike according to you.

:facepalm:

lol.....backup your words.

Regarding "_HSR". He is a heavyweight thug with 5.6ft tall height. Any average bikes like FZ16 or S, CBR250 or Ninja will suit him. Rest is upon him.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
@d3p: Oh Man, Read the posts properly. I said that the 150R's seating posture is sporty. Not 250R's. 250R has a relaxed posture. I have test drove 250R. But, I didnt get a chance to test drive 150R. My pals said that 150R has a sporty seating posture UNLIKE 250R. Hope you got it. You too go for test drive and you will find what i said is true.

I wonder, how a 5'6'' tall man could handle a RE in city?

d3p

PowerHouse
I have done my test drive & felt like sh!t piece & waste of time/money.

Can you please explain, how much difference the riding postures are from Honda CBR150R to 250R ?

CBR250R - Home page : CBR 250R

*static.zigwheels.com/media/content/2011/Mar/black_cbr250r_launch_560x420.jpg

CBR150R Homepage : CBR150R

*indianmotosblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Honda-CBR150R.jpg

OP
H

hsr

From what I know of the two bikes, the CBR150R and the CBR250R, the 150R is a lighter, shorter version of the 250R, but have a higher ground clearance. The fuel tank is also same, so width wise, there shouldn't be any difference. I haven't driven the 150R, but the 250R is not good for me, as a few hours of ride made my back sprain.

@osthe, I am like a thug both in physical appearance and quite some psychologically too. If there were reasons for me NOT taking the Thunder Bird, what would you say those are?

@d3p, on a quick show down with the TBTS, how much would you prefer the 150R, for a commuter during weekdays and a cruiser during weekend kind of guy?

Top Bottom