I am in deep trouble,please help

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, I know toothpaste can help in absorbing heat but it doesn't last long (less than 12 hours) and then it becomes crusty. I know all the theory. Its just that I haven't done the practicals. I know about the hardware. I think I just needed some practise.

go check out some videos on youtube first ... and using quality TiM is always recommended such as CoolerMaster TF400, DeepCool Z5/Z9 - these TiMs should cost you around 500-600 bucks .. also make sure ( if it's an Intel LGA 775 or higher cpu ) you properly rotated the cpu cooler legs/pins prior installing the cpu cooler.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Its almost impossible to bent CPU pins w/o taking it out. So, first apply a good TIM and do as suggested by TG above.

OP
M

MamuMogambo

Broken In
Thank you guys for all the help. I will try using a good thermal paste and since I damaged the pins I will buy a new cooler as well

if you have damaged the pins then buying them a cooler wont do anything.....the problem is that you haven't connected the stock cooler at all .....does the stock cooler fan rotate???......if it does then simply use thermal paste no toothpaste please :/ and it'll do

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Did you bend a pin on the proccy really ? How did that happen, pins dont bend when you take off the cooler
detail every small thing you did, then revert those actions, did you mess around with the ram?
what graphic card is there in the system, sometimes, that has a fan, and it catches dust.
Is the cooler really clean? The fins catch dust too, tougher to clean than the fans

Hrishi

Sometimes when the CPU cooler's pins aren't connected to the Motherboard , no matter whether its mounted on CPU or not , it'll not start. Most CPU's don't start untill the CPU fan connection is closed.

Top Bottom