viv_im4u

Broken In
i have a budget of 12k for a android based phone
and i have come around HTC wildfire .
plz share its pros and cons .
and if any other suggestions .

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
You are late to the party... Wildfire is outdated. It has a small battery and very poor screen resolution . I suggest wait for Wildfire S or buy LG Optimus One.

atherq

Broken In
Wildfire may be outdated, agreed, BUT i m getting one for my sis.. bcoz of following:

1. gr8 looks
2. 5 MP cam WITH flash
3. excellent UI.
4. Budget (~11k)

Low resolution n battery won't matter to her, since she was using nokia from last 6 years and this will b her's first touchscreen :)

Certainly, it's not at all a good option for ppl who wud like to try out various apps from android n need better resolution, for girls, its the best deal at this moment. wat say ??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
1. what's the use of great looking body when the display sucks.
2. trust me, that 5mp cam is inferior to 3.2mp cams found on Nokia/SE/Samsung phones
3. excellent UI hampered by very poor display
4. LG Optimus One costs around 10k and is much better in every department.

Even for girls who never install apps, I don't think it's a good buy. As a matter of fact, Android is useless if the user is not interested in installing apps or connecting to internet etc.

noja

Bang! Bang!
I'd say Samsung Galaxy 551
Girls like to text a lot and this one is touch+slide out qwerty key board
android 2.2 froyo
3.15MP autofocus cam
I saw a girl using this phone and it looked really good in her hands (she had a white coloured galaxy551)
Samsung Galaxy 551 - Full phone specifications

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Agree with desiibond, no need to buy an android phone if she isn't gonna use it's market/apps.
Now, it seems that what she need is a - good lookin camera phone with touchscreen.
I'd say better buy a pink version of Samsung Wave 723 - it beats the hell out of Wildfire when it comes to camera quality. And yeah, it has a (Dual LED) flash too.
Though its interface falls short in comparison to Wildfire (eye-candy), but nevertheless its easy to use ,functional and works on somewhat better screen resolution...

OP
V

viv_im4u

Broken In
i read everything ,
the one thing i care about is people mentioning that i wont be able to use apps of android with wildfire , whats the deal with this point .(plz elaborate )
wildfire delivers battery life sufficient to my needs .
and the resolution problem , i can only speak of it after a look on the handset

@ noja - galaxy 551 sucks with the battery response. still thanks
@androidfan - yes i am waiting for wildfire S but i believe it will be overprices than budget.
sorry i cant consider lg optimus one after every one's suggestions for its brand value .

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
i read everything ,
the one thing i care about is people mentioning that i wont be able to use apps of android with wildfire , whats the deal with this point .(plz elaborate )

Apps on Android Market are not resolution independent. They are designed for a specific resolution.

If your phone has HVGA resolution or higher, then the number of apps that can work on your phone increase exponentially.

There are very few apps and games for QVGA resolution. Also, reading ebooks, or browsing the internet is a pain on QVGA resolution.

So, I suggest a minimum of HVGA 320 x 480 resolution...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
i read everything ,
wildfire delivers battery life sufficient to my needs .
and the resolution problem , i can only speak of it after a look on the handset

@ noja - galaxy 551 sucks with the battery response. still thanks
@androidfan - yes i am waiting for wildfire S but i believe it will be overprices than budget.
sorry i cant consider lg optimus one after every one's suggestions for its brand value .

FYI, LG's has much much much bigger market share in North American region than Nokia, SE, HTC combined (correct me if I am wrong). Thanks to Android, there is currently no brand value. It all comes down to specific models. Compare phones like HTC Smart, Samsung Galaxy Pop and LG Optimus One and you will understand. The reason why we suggest LG O1 is because it has proved to be a very good VFM device. HTC made a mistake with Wildfire by releasing it with inferior display and they are correcting this mistake by putting a quality panel on Wildfire S. If you just want to buy Wildfire, then please go ahead and purchase. It will save lot of time and posts. There is no need to justify your decision here, we are not the ones paying for it. have a look at panels on Galaxy SL, HTC Desire S, Nokia C6-01 (15k) and then check the display quality of HTC wildfire and you will understand. As a matter of fact, Nokia C6-01 would be the best choice for your sister. It's the best one for those who hardly think of apps and internet. It is a full fledged multimedia phone with a superb 8mp camera. Try it out once and then check the droids.

OP
V

viv_im4u

Broken In
@desiibond - i am not justifying my decision , in fact i am waiting for wildfire S .
and who told u that i wanna have cell for my sis . i want it for maself and android is a basic need
i saw the display quality of wildfire but got no time to compare it with any other.
u have compared the panel to all the phones with higher range .
currently i am using omnia pro B7320 with 3.2 MP cam and it is worse than what i saw on wildfire.
i would appreciate if there is any other suggestion other that lg O1 in this range.

@android fan - thanks for the info , its a useful one . plz suggest sumthing in my range with hvga ,
possibly other than lg

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Samsung Galaxy Gio - consider this only if it's price is comparable to LG Optimus One (ask a retailer) cuz it has nothing extra to offer, other than a faster 800MHz proccy and better 3.2MP cam (on the cost of crappy video recording)

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Same price tag as Galaxy Ace (bigger screen and better cam)??? WTH!!!
BTW even though it has low memory it still outperforms Optimus One.

Now the only option left is - waiting :p...
... for Wildfire S.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Wildfire may be outdated, agreed, BUT i m getting one for my sis

get ready for a ton of complains. whats the use of a mobile if its screen is pathetic? & mind you, Nokia mobiles have really high resolution for half the price of Androids so, its kind of setback.

my advice, forget Wildfire.

I'd say Samsung Galaxy 551
Girls like to text a lot and this one is touch+slide out qwerty key board

how good is the keyboard? & the sliding mechanism. add to it, the screen won't tilt, so typing mayn't be as good as you have thought. do get a good hands on experience before finalizing it.

i maybe the only guy who had 0% faith in LG mobile a year ago. but finally got myself an LG O1. & trust me, most cheap LG touchscreen mobile sucks.

Same price tag as Galaxy Ace (bigger screen and better cam)??? WTH!!!

bigger screen + faster proccy (how better cam?) vs a overall solid-balanced mobile. now decide the winner.

BTW even though it has low memory it still outperforms Optimus One.

O1: better multitasking & no lag (but valid if using custom rom)
Gio: not so good multitasking as less ram. but faster processor.

but after you overclock O1's proccy past Gio, the real fun begins. even 748Mhz offers really good performance. & that too on a 3month old ROM which is yet to be updated.

htc wildfire s cost will be 17000+ not less than that

15k & nothing more.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Sam said:
Bigger screen + faster proccy (how better cam?) vs a overall solid- balanced mobile. now decide the winner.

Read again!!! Comparison was made between Gio and Ace (bigger screen + better cam than Gio).
On the top of that OP said - suggest other than LG

Sam said:
O1: better multitasking & no lag (but valid if using custom rom)
Gio: not so good multitasking as less ram. but faster processor.
but after you overclock O1's proccy past Gio, the real fun begins. even 748Mhz offers really good performance. & that too on a 3month old
ROM which is yet to be updated.

As said, Optimus One is out of question.

Top Bottom