HTC One X+ vs. Apple iPhone 5

OP
N

nks

Broken In
yeah don't understand the comparison to cars at all, or on what basis the comparison is made. iphone 5 could be tata nano or batmobile depending on what you are talking about. cars don't come with their own set of roads to drive on, or you do not have to worry about different rates of fuel depending on which car you buy. android prolly comes with a lot of clutter in the trunk, and the clutter you put in the iphone's trunk disappears without your permission.
point is a droid is never a replacement for an iPhone. it might have it's own unique advantages, but it is still not an iphone.

don't go by the specs only, it's not like computers where high specs means that the content is also that good. the content performance bracket is decided by the oldest / least specced active device is the ecosystem, this rarely scales up according to device, and is generally restricted to the performance of the 2-4 year model, not the latest, cutting edge model.

Oh my gawd sarcasms and poor analogies rule this thread :banghead:

thank you both to shift the direction of the users to the main motive of the post:|

OP
N

nks

Broken In
yeah don't understand the comparison to cars at all, or on what basis the comparison is made. iphone 5 could be tata nano or batmobile depending on what you are talking about. cars don't come with their own set of roads to drive on, or you do not have to worry about different rates of fuel depending on which car you buy. android prolly comes with a lot of clutter in the trunk, and the clutter you put in the iphone's trunk disappears without your permission.
point is a droid is never a replacement for an iPhone. it might have it's own unique advantages, but it is still not an iphone.

don't go by the specs only, it's not like computers where high specs means that the content is also that good. the content performance bracket is decided by the oldest / least specced active device is the ecosystem, this rarely scales up according to device, and is generally restricted to the performance of the 2-4 year model, not the latest, cutting edge model.

^ofc it can be preferred, a canon user has no use of a nikon lense even if it is much better than the equivalent canon option

will give you a common scenario where 5 trumps all droids no matter what. if you are already heavily invested in ios apps, music and other content, then no matter how good the latest flagship is, you will obviously still go for iPhone 5

now if you are not previously invested in the ecosystem, it is a choice of choosing a long-term investment, not a one time I'll buy this and be happy forever, you have to grow that initial investment with content, and migrate that content potentially to a newer device... basically your usage will outlast the phone, otherwise it is just a screen

going by history, iphone 5 is bound to enjoy software support for longer than this year's round of flagships, and in all probability, even next year's flagships
sII was flagship in 2011, got software update for jellybean just now, 3GS came out in 2009 and it gets software updates at the same time as the top of the range model.

^haha ok, fell into own trap, if there are just a few car companies it would make sense, forget nikon and canon, just think of it is just A and B
compared because it's a long time choice, and you have to keep making purchases

investment in apps and IAP, ebooks, podcast subscriptions and movies and music all together can at a point exceed the cost of the actual device

think the most important aspect of the specs is just the arm version number, and the open gl version, so unless it is arm v8 or open gl es version 3.0, it is not a next generation phone

^was about both ecosystems in the last post, but still the specs of any latest gen droid does not offset the inherent advantages of ios. if op gets the iPhone 5 now, he will have to get iPhone 8 no matter what droid is available at that time, or what it's specs are. If he get's the HTC butterfly now, 2-3 years from now, it would make less sense to migrate to iOS after spending on android content. the specs matter most only at the end of the product life cycle, not at the start.

thanks anorion

does anyone know, when is the iphone 5s/6 launch date
if it is near then i will invest in it otherwise i will buy an ip5

ip5 which the 'airtel' stores sell are cdma or not ? & those of 'the mobile store' and online retailers are gsm ??

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If a new user is coming to iOS it makes sense to get the iPhone 5.

If you already have an iPhone 4 or 4s I don‘t think there is a need to upgrade yet.

@OP get the iPhone 5.

Now lets not get.into a fight whether a Android user will need to migrate to iOS in 3 years.

tkin

Back to school!!

Yes, its better than the iphone.

OP
N

nks

Broken In
please answer
does anyone know, when is the iphone 5s/6 launch date
if it is near then i will invest in it otherwise i will buy an ip5

ip5 which the 'airtel' stores sell are cdma or not ? & those of 'the mobile store' and online retailers are gsm ??

randomuser111

Technomancer
IP5S will come to India no sooner than September 2013.

All Iphones sold in India are GSM only. Airtel version is locked to Airtel network. I am not sure about how you unlock it.

But really, I'm curious why you want to spend "significantly" more for Iphone5 when you get better phones for much cheaper? :)

tkin

Back to school!!
On a side note, a minute of silence for the iPhone 5.
HTC Butterfly flagship phablet launches in India at Rs. 45,990 - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit News

pratyush997

Inactive
^ Get it from here and request a qoute from ishopinternation.com
Total [max] 32k
:lol:
IDK Why am I suggesting all products w/o warranty :(

OP
N

nks

Broken In
Then why create this thread?

earlier i had the doubt
but bcoz of the thread only, i made my decision

Thanks all of you for helping me by giving different point of views and helping me to decide
thanxxxxx all......!!!!:razz::razz:

Top Bottom