HTC One X Plus !! Should I go for it ?

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Guys getting Htc 1 X + for 28.5k
Should ?I go for it ??

any other alternative ?? ( No to GS3 as I sold it)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
The HTC One X Plus isn't much of a upgrade to the S III.
save and upgrade to HTC One.

The reason I've recommended it as you sold your Galaxy SIII you might not like the SIV too.

ajeeshys

Journeyman
i found htc good in all,but u need 2 sacrifice abt battery's life.. if its ok go for it.. its superb phone .

guru_urug

iGoogle
One word, No. Not after owning a GS3. I would suggest getting the Optimus G atleast. Anything lesser and you wont have a measurable upgrade. Even better if you can get the HTC one.

aroraanant

Explorer
One X+ is the only option for you, and I recommend it.
And if you can save some cash and get HTC One then there couldn't be anything better than that.

daksh

Journeyman
Coming from S3 you should Get no less than LG Optimus G (flipkart selling it for 31k with 9 months FREE EMI)

Optimus G is a great phone, no doubt! But if you ever wish to enter the world of custom roms/kernels, you will be utterly disappointed. And, you will eventually have to root if you wish to keep your LG phone up to date because believe it or not, LG sucks at updating.

Best would be to import a Nexus 4 if possible for you.

OP
RohanM

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for all replies guys. Actually my max budget is 30k. So htc one & gs4 are out of question. I played with my friends gs4 but it felt like m still using S3 !!!
I am getting HOX + For only 28.5 k So it's a sweet deal IMO.
Nexus 4 also out of question as no warranty. OP G is good but in local stores it's for 32k.
Xperia SP I like that but gsmarena & digit reviews shows bad cam.
Confused now. :-?

You can go for it or maybe go for lg optimus g.

How much did u sell your s3 for? How old was it?

My gs3 was secondhand & used for 2 months by me & 3 months bye X owner. Sold it for 24k. :lol:

Optimus G is a great phone, no doubt! But if you ever wish to enter the world of custom roms/kernels, you will be utterly disappointed. And, you will eventually have to root if you wish to keep your LG phone up to date because believe it or not, LG sucks at updating.

Best would be to import a Nexus 4 if possible for you.

I knw LG sucks at updating. After selling S3 now using my old LG Optimus Net. (rooted & on Xperia rom already)

The HTC One X Plus isn't much of a upgrade to the S III.
save and upgrade to HTC One.

The reason I've recommended it as you sold your Galaxy SIII you might not like the SIV too.

Partially agree with u. But I am honestly not looking at upgrade. As in real life it's rare to use full potential of a phones hardware. I dnt think I will play games on a tiny handset [Only play fun games like temple run, gta 3 & other TP games maybe.] As I am a PC gamer. Also OP G's 2 gig of ram will be really useful for multitasking for sure but for that I have to pay 3.5k more & design wise HTC is more beautiful.
I am using my LG O Net for more than 1.5 year now but people's reaction when they see LG are weird & I dnt want to spend 32k if I have to explain features to everyone abt the phone so ppl can get convinced why I spent so much on LG !! In India most of the People still think that LG is an Refrigerator & TV Brand.

i found htc good in all,but u need 2 sacrifice abt battery's life.. if its ok go for it.. its superb phone .

I dnt have any issues with battery life as I have habit to charge cell phone twice any way. :)

guru_urug

iGoogle
Thanks for all replies guys. Actually my max budget is 30k. So htc one & gs4 are out of question. I played with my friends gs4 but it felt like m still using S3 !!!
I am getting HOX + For only 28.5 k So it's a sweet deal IMO.
Nexus 4 also out of question as no warranty. OP G is good but in local stores it's for 32k.
Xperia SP I like that but gsmarena & digit reviews shows bad cam.
Confused now. :-?

I don't want to sound like I am propogating the Nexus 4. But it is the best phone for 25k. Having no warranty is a concern but if you are gonna be tinkering with custom roms and stuff(which will void warranty), it is the best. It will give you the best UI and multitasking experience on an Android. period! Getting it paid repaired(in case) is possible in Mumbai atleast.

If not the Nexus 4 then get the Optimus G, with identical hardware, it will easily get custom roms based on the latest android version. I agree that the xperia SP doesnt have a good camera, but if you are not a camera person you should consider that because it comes with current generation hardware.

My gs3 was secondhand & used for 2 months by me & 3 months bye X owner. Sold it for 24k. :lol:
Good price to sell it :)

I knw LG sucks at updating. After selling S3 now using my old LG Optimus Net. (rooted & on Xperia rom already)

This point is moot, LG is getting better at updates. Optimus L9 is on jellybean. And considering my earlier point of Optimus G being identical to Nexus 4, it will definitely get updates if not officially then through custom roms. You sure the One X + will get updated to KLP? Optimus G most probably will.

Partially agree with u. But I am honestly not looking at upgrade. As in real life it's rare to use full potential of a phones hardware. I dnt think I will play games on a tiny handset [Only play fun games like temple run, gta 3 & other TP games maybe.] As I am a PC gamer. Also OP G's 2 gig of ram will be really useful for multitasking for sure but for that I have to pay 3.5k more & design wise HTC is more beautiful.
I am using my LG O Net for more than 1.5 year now but people's reaction when they see LG are weird & I dnt want to spend 32k if I have to explain features to everyone abt the phone so ppl can get convinced why I spent so much on LG !! In India most of the People still think that LG is an Refrigerator & TV Brand.

Why are you worried what people will think about your phone's brand? Each brand has good phones and bad phones. LG has had its share of bad phones, but Optimus G is definitely one of LG's best. Nexus 4 is LG made, L9 is the best midrange phone for a while. Why worry about explaining? Its your money, enjoy the best you can get. Be well informed with your purchases. Agreed that the One X+ is better looking, but is that more important than performance? Why not the xperia SP then? I have nothing against the HTC one X+, its just that its got a older SOC. The Tegra 3 is late 2011 technology based on 40nm and its got 1GB RAM. It is perfectly fine IMO but you never know when you start feeling the need for more power under the hood. Mobile tech is moving ahead very quickly. 2GB RAM will quickly be the norm and a limitation for newer android versions.

OP
RohanM

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
@guru_urug :-

N4 will not easy for me to import. I dnt want to do any online transaction. Lg OP G Is definatly best but costly also. The back can crack if I happen to drop it !!
Also abt KLP it's already delayed. so when N4 will get OS after that 3-4 months OP G will get that. SO it's like 8-9 months from now I guess !!
HTC 1 X is not good ???

guru_urug

iGoogle
The N4 is available locally in mumbai in a few shops for 25k. KLP is delayed, but who knows what interesting features may be revealed in 4.3? Every nexus phone gets at least 2 major android versions. If u plan on using the phone for only 8-9 months then its a different story. Nothing wrong with one x plus..just wouldn't be my first choice. 3k more for double the ram, processing speed and adreno 320 graphics sounds like a good deal to me. The back glass is not as fragile as it seems.
The only HTC phone I would recommend is the HTC one. The rest are overpriced for the hardware they offer, build quality wise and design HTC is very good..go for it if that is most imp priority and if u will most likely change phone within one year. Tegra 3 phones should be at 25k now. Xperia SP with its dual kraits and adreno 320 is a better performer

Last edited:
OP
RohanM

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
The N4 is available locally in mumbai in a few shops for 25k. KLP is delayed, but who knows what interesting features may be revealed in 4.3? Every nexus phone gets at least 2 major android versions. If u plan on using the phone for only 8-9 months then its a different story. Nothing wrong with one x plus..just wouldn't be my first choice. 3k more for double the ram, processing speed and adreno 320 graphics sounds like a good deal to me. The back glass is not as fragile as it seems.
The only HTC phone I would recommend is the HTC one. The rest are overpriced for the hardware they offer, build quality wise and design HTC is very good..go for it if that is most imp priority and if u will most likely change phone within one year. Tegra 3 phones should be at 25k now. Xperia SP with its dual kraits and adreno 320 is a better performer

Just went to a local shop & XP SP was there for 25k. But I think it's overpriced right now. HTC one X plus was overpriced when it was for 38k now it's different story. It's around 29k. So I dnt think it's overpriced as It's a 64 gig version. N4 having only 16gig + no warranty !!

guru_urug

iGoogle
Just went to a local shop & XP SP was there for 25k. But I think it's overpriced right now. HTC one X plus was overpriced when it was for 38k now it's different story. It's around 29k. So I dnt think it's overpriced as It's a 64 gig version. N4 having only 16gig + no warranty !!

At 25k I think XSP is ok considering that it is just out and beats all the other retail sold phones in performance in the same range(even one x+ in some areas). Price will come down soon with time. 16gigs is enough for me and probably a vast percentage of users. If more storage is a requirement for you, (which you didnt mention) then getting a phone with a micro-sd card/ more internal memory makes sense and n4 will not cut it. XSP has a micro-sd card slot so you can expand its memory. Please state your requirements/expectations from the phone.

In retrospect, I think you should get the one x+ since in the end you should buy what you like and are comfortable with. I am not trying to force my opinion on you. Like I said earlier, its a fine phone and has no obvious flaws :)

Sudh4r

Fire Lord
The HTC ONE X+ is a good phone and when I was using a DEMO UNIT, it was like "AWESOME", haven't felt like this with any other phone.. Even I was planning to get one.

Then I compared the benchmarking results b/w HTC ONE X+ and XPERIA SP. SP beats X+ is almost everything. So :)

In retrospect, I think you should get the one x+ since in the end you should buy what you like and are comfortable with. I am not trying to force my opinion on you. Like I said earlier, its a fine phone and has no obvious flaws :)

I completely agree on this. A friend a mine is obsessed with X+ and he is planning to get one. I gave him a lot of options, but he was not at all happy at the end I said the same words.

Top Bottom