Htc Explorer or Htc desire C ?

balaji2525

Broken In
My budget is 9-10k. I like the build quality of HTC and its UI customization so i dont prefer any other brand. I m confused between Explorer and Desire C.

Explorer = 8k
Desire C = 12k

when compared, Desire C has
- 3.5 inch screen
- runs on ICS
- 4GB internal memory
- 5MP camera (No flash)

Explorer has
- 3.2 inch screen
- runs on Gingerbread
- 90MB internal memory
- 3MP camera (No flash & no auto focus)

but both runs on same 600Mhz processor and 512Mb RAM. is the above features of Desire C really worth 4k when compared with explorer?
About battery I guess explorer can give little long backup as the screen size is little small, which is very good

this is going to be my first smartphone, I m confused guys ... Help me to choose

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Desire C is seriously overpriced. At 8k grab Explorer else at 10k there is Xperia Mini though with a smaller display and only 300MB internal memory. You may look at Xperia Tipo but heard it is having software problem. So unless you can wait for Sony to release a fix, ignore it.

There are few more like Live with Walkman, Huawei IDEOS X5 Pro and Motorola Defy+ but all these cost above 12k.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
90MB internal memory in the htc explorer is too little, you will run out of space very soon if you install 7-8 apps, also its nearly a year since it was released , Sony Xperia Tipo is a good choice

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
90MB internal memory in the htc explorer is too little, you will run out of space very soon if you install 7-8 apps, also its nearly a year since it was released , Sony Xperia Tipo is a good choice

There are two variants in sony tipo, with dual sim and single sim. which one is good,

reg battery single sim variant has more battery backup compared to dual sim?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
well, that's your choice , and the single sim variant will give better battery backup...

HE-MAN

Ambassador of Buzz
sony xperia tipo now is the best option u have explorer is very good phone also... why dont you look into some indian brands the new phones from them are vfm...

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
spec wise sony xperia tipo is very good, but the build quality looks more plastic and UI experience with Timescape not great I dont like it. To me tipo appears like a china handset.. not at all happy with this choice :(

Top Bottom