HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

anuj kumar

Broken In
Re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

HP has released our drivers for windows 8..

thanks for the info mate..but i deleted the recovery..wqindows 7 basically slow with all craps from HP...also windows 8 has a inbuilt reset,restore functions that work perfectly...so no more need to maintain recovery partition...:-D

only advantage i see using recovery it takes 20 min to install whole os + driver + all software from hp ....its fast....

buddy; do me a favor i asked a question in previous(around 2-3 post back) post that when i go to graphics property>audio by right click on desktop it says that "your display do not support audio". could you pl. check in your lappy and post what you have seen.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

HP has released our drivers for windows 8..

thanks for the info mate..but i deleted the recovery..wqindows 7 basically slow with all craps from HP...also windows 8 has a inbuilt reset,restore functions that work perfectly...so no more need to maintain recovery partition...:-D

Dude, would mind expanding a little on the part "windows 8 has inbuilt restore and reset function"? How does it work and how different is it from the recovery partition?

duke123

In the zone

only advantage i see using recovery it takes 20 min to install whole os + driver + all software from hp ....its fast....

buddy; do me a favor i asked a question in previous(around 2-3 post back) post that when i go to graphics property>audio by right click on desktop it says that "your display do not support audio". could you pl. check in your lappy and post what you have seen.

i also have same..i think its for displays with speakers attached...our laptop as speakers separated from display..not sure though..

Dude, would mind expanding a little on the part "windows 8 has inbuilt restore and reset function"? How does it work and how different is it from the recovery partition?

i did a clean install and its there in windows 8..even tried one refresh worked ok...
better if you search in google..would find better explanations..this ones good...

How to Refresh or Reset Your Windows 8 PC

and none of the games i tried worked in windows 8...thats a big letdown...

Last edited:

duke123

In the zone

* new update *

HP laptops are facing windows 8 update problems..has anyone else faced the problem..update gets stuck at 13%...myself facing problems and laptop is unusable...dont update windows 8/upgrade to windows 8 untill this issue is solved::aaargh:

Last edited:

jassi32

Broken In

Hey , need some help ,

i always play games like BF3, MOH , Resident evil , Assassin Creed etc etc
i always used core temp to monitor temp and freq, when i play games it used to show cores freq to 2.8 Ghz ,
recently its been 2-3 days , the Max Core Freq is 2.4 Ghz , no matter what game i play , causes games lags ,

i have used High performance settings and On Plug In , its always max at 2.4 , med - 1.8 and min 1.4 ghz
any solution coz games and performance is laggy .....

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

* new update *

HP laptops are facing windows 8 update problems..has anyone else faced the problem..update gets stuck at 13%...myself facing problems and laptop is unusable...dont update/upgrade to windows 8 untill this issue is solved::aaargh:

Dduuuuuuuuuudee? tell me tell should I upgrade to win 8 using the 699 offer or not? I too use G6 2005AX? Should I do it or not? Will I be fine?

duke123

In the zone

Dduuuuuuuuuudee? tell me tell should I upgrade to win 8 using the 699 offer or not? I too use G6 2005AX? Should I do it or not? Will I be fine?
definitely you can upgrade but wait till they fix it...and they surely will many HP laptops are affected...but if you do now you get into trouble..

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

So what do you suggest me to do? Should I wait for some time? how long?

duke123

In the zone

So what do you suggest me to do? Should I wait for some time? how long?

you can upgrade buy the license and keep the product key...you can do a clean install of windows 8 with both windows 7 and 8 running..or you can restore windows 7 from recovery.even if windows 8 becomes un bootable you can use windows 7..i faced serious problem because i totally removed windows 7 and recovery..so now i have to download windows 7 setup again and install windows 7...

i think you can run windows 8 without problem if you disable updates..its update thats causing the trouble..

dont think it will take long as people who brought HP laptops with windows 8 are also suffering so some fix will come soon within days thats sure...

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Acha. So its the updates that are giving problems? I plan on not touching the recovery partition at all. I have just created a new partition of 100 GB for installing win 8 and will not even touch any other partiton.

duke123

In the zone

yes i clearly mentioned dont update windows 8 or upgrade to windows 8 till they fix the problem...some one has mentioned a trick yesterday but dont know how effective it is...dont have patience to try again ...also i spoke to both Microsoft and HP but they still have not isolated the problem...

ashu850

Right off the assembly line

i purchased this laptop on Sunday & I'm facing two problems

1. Viewing angle of the screen is very dis-satisfactory..when i m right in front of the screen i get very clear view but if i m seeing it from left, right, up or down i m getting color, saturation, contrast and brightness to vary, even within the intended viewing angle, by variations in posture.. :cry:

2. Whenever i run any dvd, strange sound comes out of it as if something is hindering while rotation of dvd drive..

can any body help me out??

Srinath_Balne

hey frnds,

I got this laptop yesterday for 35.7 K including original HP backpack, 3 years accidental warranty and 12 essential accessories :) Just completed repartition and recovery using HP recovery manager.

My frnd bought 2016TX lappy for 44K with same goodies n offers. I have no interest to buy a laptop as I already have a high end desktop at home and HP elitebook 8440p (my office laptop). But after reading reviews here and there, 2005ax seems to be a better one compared to others under 35K. I suggested this laptop to my frnd but he was doubtful on AMD processor, so he decided to buy 2016TX ( 3rd i5, 1GB graphic, 4GB RAM, 500 GB HDD).

Then I decided to buy 2005AX as I'm looking for organisation change(may be also relocation), so I can carry this lappy to wherever I go.

My usage is 30% browsing,30% office work, 20% movies and 20% games (fifa 12, gta, virtual tennis, nfs, raw).

Thanks,
Srinath

anil5455

Hi Guys,

Good evening.

I purchased hp 2010ax today, and facing trouble installing windows xp sp2. I am getting blue screen, with stop error (0x000007b something)

Can some one help me with this?

Thanks
Anilkumar M

jassi32

Broken In

Untitled.jpg

if i do a system factory recovery will my partitions will be deleted , as in the pics r my drive details ......
Help Me

anuj kumar

Broken In

View attachment 7575

if i do a system factory recovery will my partitions will be deleted , as in the pics r my drive details ......
Help Me

if you created a new drive it will not deleted during factory restore it will only format your c drive and install windows +driver+software..so don't worry go ahead ....i have already done it several times...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

if you created a new drive it will not deleted during factory restore it will only format your c drive and install windows +driver+software..so don't worry go ahead ....i have already done it several times...

Doesn't HP recovery manager gives options to restore to "exactly" factory state ? (in the condition you buy the laptop)

anuj kumar

Broken In

Doesn't HP recovery manager gives options to restore to "exactly" factory state ? (in the condition you buy the laptop)

hp recovery manager have an option for system recovery when you go inside that i will turn the system in restore mode and ask for you partial system recovery or full system recovery and if you choose full system recovery it will return your system to exactly same as new buy condition.

aswinarjun99

Broken In

Hi all,

i am facing a weird issue, that my head phones are no longer working !!!!
it was working fine, but suddenly it stopped working, and i tried re installing the audio driver several times,
the speakers are working fine btw.
i removed the audio driver and used the generic windows audio driver, but the problem persists.
when the audio driver is installed i can see the headphones in the sound options, and it is activated also..
Please help me on this, or i am forced to do a re install .. :(

Top Bottom