HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

which would be the best cooling pad for this laptop (2010ax) considering i will be using this laptop in a closed cabinet connected to tv and will be kept on for days on end. mind you the ventilation will be very very poor. also any g6-2010ax owners tell me which brands hdd is installed in their laptops.
Cooler Master's cooling pad will be very good.

mohsin20

Broken In

Cooler Master's cooling pad will be very good.

which one. you know my issue very well. closed confined cabinet with limited ventilation.

i am confused between these 3

1)Cooler Master Notepal Infinite Evo Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

2) Deepcool N9 | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

3) Cooler Master NotePal U Stand Mini Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

which one. you know my issue very well. closed confined cabinet with limited ventilation.

i am confused between these 3

1)Cooler Master Notepal Infinite Evo Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

2) Deepcool N9 | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com

3) Cooler Master NotePal U Stand Mini Cooling Pad | Cooling Pad | Flipkart.com
Either of 1 or 3.

3 if you want an inclined stand like sort of thing. 1 is also fine.

But do check the dimensions. :)

adityamedhe

Right off the assembly line

Anybody here.. Please answer my simple question posted above ^^

mohsin20

Broken In

Anybody here.. Please answer my simple question posted above ^^

yes. even the 2201 has dual graphics but can only crossfire upto 1gb rather than 1.5gb like 2005and2010.

see compare link below.

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1.5GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2010AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2201AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph): Compare

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Im also planning to get one, whats the difference between this and 2005AX? Only Win8?
Does this also have the Dual Graphics cards?

if a laptop ships with 2nd gen A-series processor (4XXX) and a 7-series GPU (max 7670M), it can be crossfired.
here is the list:
(A8 low voltage) Radeon HD 7500G + HD 7550M Dual Graphics
(A6) Radeon HD 7520G + HD 7670M Dual Graphics
(A8) Radeon HD 7640G + HD 7670M Dual Graphics
(A10) Radeon HD 7660G + HD 7670M Dual Graphics

there are more combo but these 4 are common. it doesn't matter if flipkart states this or not but X-fire is possible in the above 4 case for sure.

EDIT: Found something. Recommended graphics cards for AMD dual-graphics. A4 doesn't support dual graphics in case of Trinity.

yes. even the 2201 has dual graphics but can only crossfire upto 1gb rather than 1.5gb like 2005and2010.

1.5GB (1GB from discrete GPU, 512MB from integrated) but this hardly matters. even 500MB is sufficient for trinity. all one need is bandwidth. Radeon 7640G will perform at hardly 50% capacity when used with 1066Mhz ram than when used with 1600Mhz. Use 1800Mhz and performance will go even more high but 1800Mhz ram kit will cost a bomb. So all one need is fast ram and not a ton of ram.

mohsin2cool

Broken In

hi mates
im sorry if this has been answered but please some body help me..
im playing gta4 with default settings,but was getting hell of lags, thn somebody somwhere had posted to disable dual graphics, i did same, and the lagging was lil bit gone..but now i found it lags in intervals and at some places in liberty city...any solutions??
moreover whn i exit from the game,the system responds differently and works well only after a reboot..please help..

im running win8 pro..
with amd 12.10 graphics drivers.kindly help..

adityamedhe

see compare link below.

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB/ 1.5GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2010AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph) vs HP Pavilion G6-2201AX Laptop (APU Quad Core A8/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph): Compare

Thanks for your reply Mohsin20, but I beg to differ. The specs in Flipkart are WRONG (maybe because the 2201 is a recent model and they dont have detailed info)
It has integrated 7640G so it will use 512 MB of RAM for graphics by default + It has dedicated 7670M (1GB)
The official HP links clearly prove it:
2201 AX: HP Pavilion g6-2201ax Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Support
2005 AX: HP Pavilion g6-2005ax Notebook PC Product Specifications | HP® Support

The graphics are listed as 1 GB Dedicated for both, so the 512 MB internal is implied

if a laptop ships with 2nd gen A-series processor (4XXX) and a 7-series GPU (max 7670M), it can be crossfired.
here is the list:
(A8 low voltage) Radeon HD 7500G + HD 7550M Dual Graphics
(A6) Radeon HD 7520G + HD 7670M Dual Graphics
(A8) Radeon HD 7640G + HD 7670M Dual Graphics
(A10) Radeon HD 7660G + HD 7670M Dual Graphics

Thanks a ton for your help and detailed info!:):)
So the 2201 AX is 1.5GB dual graphics enabled by default right?
If not then how to enable it?

Piyush

Lanaya

hi mates
im sorry if this has been answered but please some body help me..
im playing gta4 with default settings,but was getting hell of lags, thn somebody somwhere had posted to disable dual graphics, i did same, and the lagging was lil bit gone..but now i found it lags in intervals and at some places in liberty city...any solutions??
moreover whn i exit from the game,the system responds differently and works well only after a reboot..please help..

im running win8 pro..
with amd 12.10 graphics drivers.kindly help..

patch the game to 4th or 5th version
dont remember actually which one was the best
So first apply 4th one. If you are happy with the performance, then play on. If not, then apply 5th patch.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Thanks a ton for your help and detailed info!:):)
So the 2201 AX is 1.5GB dual graphics enabled by default right?
If not then how to enable it?

it has to be on. what will HP get by turning off dual GPU when most are getting this laptop for the dual GPU thing. and as there is no bridge chip or anything of that kind, everything has to be on default. So even if the laptops doesn't say anything about turbo, turbo will be there same as dual GPU.

adityamedhe

it has to be on. what will HP get by turning off dual GPU when most are getting this laptop for the dual GPU thing. and as there is no bridge chip or anything of that kind, everything has to be on default. So even if the laptops doesn't say anything about turbo, turbo will be there same as dual GPU.

Thanks a lot, you cleared all my doubts!
Placed the order on SnapDeal for Rs. 34199

Will arrive in some days and my exam is going to end in a few days!
Will do a review for sure after that :)

vindon

Hello All,
I am new to this forum, i have bought g6 2005ax before two days for 34,500Rs with an additional 2gb of Ram.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Thanks a lot, you cleared all my doubts!
Placed the order on SnapDeal for Rs. 34199

Will arrive in some days and my exam is going to end in a few days!
Will do a review for sure after that :)

Snapdeal? COD or already paid? cause i have some not so good news for you: Stay Away from Snap deal - Bitter Experience of buying an Asus X53 TA. And this is just a single case.

Hello All,
I am new to this forum, i have bought g6 2005ax before two days for 34,500Rs with an additional 2gb of Ram.
congrats but what ram have you added. Cause the factory shipped ram is 1600Mhz and if you used 1066-1333Mhz ram, the original ram will downclock itself.

vindon

Snapdeal? COD or already paid? cause i have some not so good news for you: Stay Away from Snap deal - Bitter Experience of buying an Asus X53 TA. And this is just a single case.

congrats but what ram have you added. Cause the factory shipped ram is 1600Mhz and if you used 1066-1333Mhz ram, the original ram will downclock itself.

Transcend 2gb ram with same clock speed...

adityamedhe

Well I chose 6 EMI Option (~5.5k per month) from my bro's credit card.
And they have shipped it today, I even got the tracking number.
Going fine till now :)

hiteshlastm

Broken In

Hello forum ....

Just ordered HP Pavilion G6-2010AX from Flipkart and the they are claiming it to be a Exclusive Flipkart product.
Config is same as G6-2005AX.with 500 GB + HDD and 2GB+ RAM.
The price is around 35000....
I just wanna know that should i go for it as i still can cancel it.
As the dealers are not claiming me the price on phone ..had to visit them and the place is very far away from my house. what do you think can i get price lower than that...?
Can i get a good deal with this from local computer store as i'm very worried about the genuinity of the product.

Thanks

adityamedhe

Hello forum ....

Just ordered HP Pavilion G6-2010AX from Flipkart and the they are claiming it to be a Exclusive Flipkart product.
As the dealers are not claiming me the price on phone ..had to visit them and the place is very far away from my house. what do you think can i get price lower than that...?
Can i get a good deal with this from local computer store as i'm very worried about the genuinity of the product.

Thanks

Yes it's correct. Though the extra 2 GB RAM wont make much difference, you should go for it if your storage space needs are more. Else, if you can, go for the 2201AX which is same as 2005AX + Windows 8. Costs 34K

Sparrow

Hello forum ....

Thanks

I am planning to buy 2010ax too, but I am also worried about the genuinety of this product, After spending a lot of time on hp's official website, I still could not find the model in their site! Then how is it that flipkart has this model available with them. I posted this on flipkart too and they deleted my review! :-( Kuch to gadbad hai !

Top Bottom