HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

I upgraded to Windows 8 and installed the graphic card drivers from the HP website for windows 8. But now I am unable to open the AMD Catalyst Control Center. I right click on the desktop, click on graphic properties but nothing happens. :(

Please suggest what I should do? I couldnt find any solution over the net.

duke123

In the zone

I upgraded to Windows 8 and installed the graphic card drivers from the HP website for windows 8. But now I am unable to open the AMD Catalyst Control Center. I right click on the desktop, click on graphic properties but nothing happens. :(

Please suggest what I should do? I couldnt find any solution over the net.

i already stated the drivers from factory settings/HP site are obsolete ..i posted links to latest drivers several times here .. no body listens..:cry:

here is the link again *support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

download Catalyst Software Suite with .NET 4 Support...

i already stated the drivers from factory settings/HP site are obsolete ..i posted links to latest drivers several times here .. no body listens..:cry:

here is the link again AMD Catalyst

download Catalyst Software Suite with .NET 4 Support...

had tried those only in the first place but got an error saying windows cannot find cli.exe so i downloaded from the hp website.

But now my problem is solved. I uninstalled the drivers, then booted in safe mode and used Driver Fusion to remove all the AMD entries and files, and then installed the drivers again. Now i have the catalyst control center back :)

Will update to the drivers you mentioned once I am done with other software installations.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

^ Liike mine has a toshiba one, is there any chance that I can sell this one buy a faster one and put in my laptop. I mean is this possible, I have never opened a laptop in my life. Is this going to be tough?

Yes you can buy another one and replace it with current HDD. Its very easy, just open the screws , slide and replace. But what will you do with your old HDD ?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

had tried those only in the first place but got an error saying windows cannot find cli.exe so i downloaded from the hp website.

But now my problem is solved. I uninstalled the drivers, then booted in safe mode and used Driver Fusion to remove all the AMD entries and files, and then installed the drivers again. Now i have the catalyst control center back :)

Will update to the drivers you mentioned once I am done with other software installations.

Any other problems that you are facing? You have bluetooth driver? Are they compatible?

Didnt install any bluetooth drivers seperately. Default Windows 8 bluetooth drivers are working fine. Even the display driver problem that I had above was by chance. I am sure its not gonna happen to all who upgrade.

anky

Youngling

Yes you can buy another one and replace it with current HDD. Its very easy, just open the screws , slide and replace. But what will you do with your old HDD ?
i am planning to do the same..
how much a new 500GB or 750GB HDD will cost ?
and what shud i do with my toshiba HDD?where can i sell it and do u have any idea how much i can i get for it?

and i have started playing batman asylum....yessss...!!..its running smoothly at highest settings...:)

jassi32

Broken In

what about this HDD , r the results good or bad .....

read.jpg

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

@sujay. Cant we sell the old hard drive from the laptop? I mean it will remain usable after all.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i'll suggest either wait for 1TB drives or for Hybrid HDD (HDD + SSD cache) to get affordable. That way you are upgrading the size and get speed too.

Can't we simply put it in a case and use it as an external drive :)

i was going to recommend the same thing. A USB casing will cost 400-600 and can turn the internal HDD into a external one instead of finding a buyer.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

i'll suggest either wait for 1TB drives or for Hybrid HDD (HDD + SSD cache) to get affordable. That way you are upgrading the size and get speed too.

i was going to recommend the same thing. A USB casing will cost 400-600 and can turn the internal HDD into a external one instead of finding a buyer.

I have heard about this case for the first time. Never heard of it before.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

what about this HDD , r the results good or bad .....
View attachment 7419

Just OK.

@sujay. Cant we sell the old hard drive from the laptop? I mean it will remain usable after all.

You may not find much buyers for 2nd hand laptop HDDs.

Can't we simply put it in a case and use it as an external drive :)

I doubt if any casing for laptop HDD comes except branded docks.

i am planning to do the same..
and what shud i do with my toshiba HDD?where can i sell it and do u have any idea how much i can i get for it?

Get Seagate momentus XT, costly but worth it (for single HDD solution). This is actually a hybrid HDD (HDD+SSD) which Sam was saying of, thus the better performance.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Get Seagate momentus XT, costly but worth it (for single HDD solution). This is actually a hybrid HDD (HDD+SSD) which Sam was saying of, thus the better performance.

Seagate 2nd Generation Momentus XT (750GB) Hybrid HDD Review. But the price is still really high and as Apple has made the next move by offering 128GB of cache (massive amount compared to 4/8GB in Seagate) in their already iMac so WD & Seagate should upgrade their Hybrid HDD by offering 2-3 times the cache at the same time over the next year thanks to falling price of NAND. so by next year with 5mm HDD becoming the norm, 7mm HDD with a single 1TB platter and 16GB NAND for 7-8k will be a nice deal.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

^I just said that for a single disk solution (-SSD), else it is costly :)

anuj kumar

Broken In

need help! i am looking for a free anti virus for my laptop as norton expires in 14 days , i have googled a bit and found some options like avg free 2013, microsoft security essentials, avast free . which one should i pick ? . and how is microsoft security essentials ? plz help.

hi
you can download 30 days trial version from norton then uninstall previous one then install downloaded copy you will get 30 days more subscription.

sandeep23

Broken In

I bought this laptop from Infibeam.com under GREEN2012 offer and as promised they have also credited 1770/- to my account after delivering junk to them. I have ordered following accessories using the same credit :)
1. Dell Keyboard KB212 - Rs.399
2. Dell Wireless Mouse WM112 - Rs.499

anky

Youngling

installed STREET FIGHTER x TEKKEN today..done becnhmarking provide from the within the game itself...i got avg FPS=62..!!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

^^Must be above & over satisfaction...brother.:p

This laptop is a cool deal,for you and those of whom have purchased.

anky

Youngling

yeah...!!!....:)
thanx to evryone who gave their valuable suggestions to me...espclly @sam, @sam9953, @duke123,and @kg11sgbg...and all the members who posted in this thread..!
thnk u friends...m jus loving dis laptop...in fact i hv recommended this laptop to 2 of my friends and they have bought it too..(making me a hero..:p)...

Top Bottom