HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

anky

Youngling
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

hello everyone,
today when i was transferring data(20.6GB) from my C drive to another partition it started from 16MB/S and gradually dropped to 6.64MB/S !!
s.jpg
it is ver ver slow guys.! iwant to ask is the same happening for you all guys too?
or should i get my HARD DISK replaced?
if i get it replaced can i get it of some brand other than TOSHIBA??(my current being TOSHIBA)
abd during this process my lappy became so slow..it opened google chrome in 2 mins and is taking too much time in opening new tabs and other things like opening movies etc..?multitasking is so slow in this laptop. :(

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

^Open the back panel and reconnect your HDD after taking it out. Then post the results.

duke123

In the zone

hello everyone,
today when i was transferring data(20.6GB) from my C drive to another partition it started from 16MB/S and gradually dropped to 6.64MB/S !!
View attachment 7409
it is ver ver slow guys.! iwant to ask is the same happening for you all guys too?
if i get it replaced can i get it of some brand other than TOSHIBA??(my current being TOSHIBA)
abd during this process my lappy became so slow..it opened google chrome in 2 mins and is taking too much time in opening new tabs and other things like opening movies etc..?multitasking is so slow in this laptop. :(

HP is shipping 2005AX with different hard disk manufactures..earlier ones had Segate..myself having Hitachi...you got toshiba..some other user also posted same problem with toshiba..thats why your WEI rating for hard disk is 5.4 only ...

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

HP is shipping 2005AX with different hard disk manufactures..earlier ones had Segate..myself having Hitachi...you got toshiba..some other user also posted same problem with toshiba..thats why your WEI rating for hard disk is 5.4 only ...

Because WEI is idiotic benchmark.

bhupati

Broken In
Use HDTach. But there won't be much performance difference between 5400rpm drives across manufacturers. SSD is the real deal! I just hope thanks to this laptop's popularity someone will create a optical to hard drive caddy so we can replace the DVD drive with a SSD - dual hard drive setup
*www.newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_27

BTW the new 12.10 update only brings UI changes. The performance updates are only for top cards like 7970m. Anandtech promises better drivers by the year end so don't update yet.

duke123

In the zone

Use HDTach. But there won't be much performance difference between 5400rpm drives across manufacturers. SSD is the real deal! I just hope thanks to this laptop's popularity someone will create a optical to hard drive caddy so we can replace the DVD drive with a SSD - dual hard drive setup
Optical Bay HDD : NewmodeUS, Hard Drive Caddys for Notebooks

BTW the new 12.10 update only brings UI changes. The performance updates are only for top cards like 7970m. Anandtech promises better drivers by the year end so don't update yet.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/laptops-netbooks/161729-hp-g6-2005ax-hard-disk-problem.html

he has same problem...toshiba hard disk..
My HDD benchmark(hitachi)

*imageshack.us/a/img836/7742/25102012163911.jpg

And Here is Anky's(Toshiba) from Below

*imageshack.us/a/img801/1466/74013889.png
whats the conclusion??

Last edited:

anky

Youngling

my hd tune result
hd.png

@duke - there is huge diff in maximum rate between urs and mine..!..shud i contact service center?

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Now that we are on HDD, my HDD speed is so sucky. How can I find which brand HDD do I have?

anky

Youngling

@sam9953 - go to control panel > device manager > select hard disk and u can see the manufacturer's name..
btw what speed are u getting while transferring from one partition to another?

duke123

In the zone

@anky i already informed you about this issue before purchase...you should have checked this when purchasing...contact service center ass fast as possible..

@sam9953 download HD Tune and run the benchmark...can some one with segate model update their benchmark...!!

anky

Youngling

@duke - i ws not able to get this lappy with another hard disk.
i will go to service center tomorrow..! lets see what happens.!:cry:

duke123

In the zone

@anky there is a live chat option in HP support assistant..its 24hours support.i have used it 2,3 times....its quite helpful...try that now..

anky

Youngling

@duke - i just had chat with them..he ws saying that your disk is working fine and told me some steps to improve performance(disk cleanup, defragment etc)
and he also told me to go to service center and that the harddisk can be upgraded..lets see what happens at service center 2morrow..

hello everyone,
View attachment 7409

How come your taskbar is transparent?

john12

Broken In

guys I checked my HDD and under manufacturer its written standard disk drive.I don't see any brand name.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

guys I checked my HDD and under manufacturer its written standard disk drive.I don't see any brand name.

Most chances are its company name would be there in the name itself in device manager. If not, check hardware ID, it will have the info for sure.

Top Bottom