HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

yeah...!!!....:)
thanx to evryone who gave their valuable suggestions to me...espclly @sam, @sam9953, @duke123,and @kg11sgbg...and all the members who posted in this thread..!
thnk u friends...m jus loving dis laptop...in fact i hv recommended this laptop to 2 of my friends and they have bought it too..(making me a hero..:p)...

Buddy, thank you so much for including mine name as well. Feel really honored.

Sandeep Roy

Broken In

Tried making a cooler this week. Did a lot and after some big UPs and small downs, it crashed(the batteries) epically. need to spend on a cooler now, problem is none satisfied me(checked all from flipkart)

duke123

In the zone

ok installed battlefield 3..played first two missions in ultra settings smoothly in high performance mode..but faced serious issues with cross fire...the game kept on flickering..gameplay was smooth but display was flashing..WTF..:hyper:

servo09

Right off the assembly line

Finally bought HP G6 2005ax.

Got it from an Ezone store for 31990 with Win 7 installed (plus HP backpack). There is also a 5% cashback on this, so effectively getting it for 30390. Also got a 11 piece accessories kit for Rs 500. Guess its a fab deal! :-D

I am just loving my machine! Thanks for the inputs guys.

I am trying to create partitions, as all HDD space is in C: currently. I did try to create partition using Disk Management, but at the end it showed an error message telling some 'dynamic drive' issues. Can someone guide me how I shd create the partitions (w/o formatting!)..

Hi guys,

I am planning to buy a laptop soon and have shortlisted few models like HP G6 2005ax, Lenovo G580 (i5 3rd gen), Samsung NP300E5X-S01IN

Use:
Home use - browsing, office applications, movies, light to medium games

Budget:
32-38K

I am looking for a model with good battery back-up, lighter in weight, with features like 4 GB RAM, USB 3.0, graphics card, etc.

Please suggest if HP G6 2005ax will be a good option, or whether I should consider other models. Among my concerns for this model which I have heard abt are - overheating issues, display problem (when I enquired at Ezone, I was told there have been some display problems with this model, it might be discontinued by company...hence they dont have stock!! How true is that?) and battery life (2.5-3 hrs)..

Can someone help me get the right picture and advice me which one I shd go for...thanks!

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

congrats. awesome deal for only 30.4k :razz:

BTW looks like 2005AX will be discontinued soon. This is the reason: HP Pavilion G6-2201AX (2005AX + Windows 8 = 2201AX)

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Come on man, don't say that it will be discontinued. Its such a great laptop. Wish it would have stayed in production for a few more months.

anky

Youngling

hi frnds...i wnt to ask which sftwre u all use to measure the cpu temperature and FPS in games??

Finally bought HP G6 2005ax.

Got it from an Ezone store for 31990 with Win 7 installed (plus HP backpack). There is also a 5% cashback on this, so effectively getting it for 30390. Also got a 11 piece accessories kit for Rs 500. Guess its a fab deal! :-D

Its a super fab deal!!

I am trying to create partitions, as all HDD space is in C: currently. I did try to create partition using Disk Management, but at the end it showed an error message telling some 'dynamic drive' issues. Can someone guide me how I shd create the partitions (w/o formatting!)..

Download EaseUS Partition Manager

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Come on man, don't say that it will be discontinued. Its such a great laptop. Wish it would have stayed in production for a few more months.

as i said both are same just name change. Wish HP continues 2005AX but at lower price. Even better, remove windows.

hi frnds...i wnt to ask which sftwre u all use to measure the cpu temperature and FPS in games??

hwmonitor & gpu_z. fraps.

anky

Youngling

thnx sam...and i think instead of that new model HP should launch a lappy wid A10 instead..

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

HP Pavilion G6-2010AX (APU Quad Core A8/ 6GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 1.5GB Graph)

still packed with A8 but more ram & HDD. May turn out to be a real bargain.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

^ But looking at the current specs of our laptop I really never felt that 4 GB is less, infact is more than surplus. So I don't think that having 6 GB is that useful.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yup. 4GB is sufficient. 1TB is the welcome change, provided it is NOT from Toshiba. Lastly, no Windows :p

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Yeah, giving away toshida HDD is like junk. Which I have. LOL

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

G6-2010AX priced at 34.5k. 34k for 2005AX with Windows. Seriously bad pricing.

Dragosam

Broken In

Hi, again been waiting for A10 laptops well over 3-4 months but no sign of them In India ! So is this laptop still the best Gaming lappy in 30-40k Range ?

duke123

In the zone

Hi, again been waiting for A10 laptops well over 3-4 months but no sign of them In India ! So is this laptop still the best Gaming lappy in 30-40k Range ?

you will always get better products if you wait.

wait for 3-4 months more :pray:

Dragosam

Broken In

It might be to late am bored of waiting just wanna know if there is a better laptop than HP g6 in this price range !

RahulBiswas

Broken In

Hello everyone .. I'm an owner of HP G6 2005AX .. Request to the moderator ==> please add me to the list of owners.
Bought it locally from a store @ 33280 with backpack and a few goodies (+1 year additional warranty from the store along with the 2 year free warranty from HP).So I guess it was a decent deal.

I have been using this laptop for almost a month now .. Now I have a few views and opinions about this machine ..
To all potential buyers who are willing to buy a laptop having this A8-4500 processor I would say this .. don't have too high expectations .. because this isn't a top-notch performer as far as processing power goes .. Let me give you an example .. I was watching a music video(720p) on wmp and there was a browser and skype opened in background . I decided to open itunes(x64) while this was happening .. now suddenly the audio got stuttered and it was clearly identified whether on earphones or on speakers .. This kind of glitches is unexpected from a quad core processor .. so clearly the individual cores are not powerful enough to handle multitasking ... If you are running a single processor hogging task then it performs good enough but just.

Then to all users who are claiming that 4GB ram is sufficient , I would say it's not because I have been playing GTA 4 and it always consumes around 90% ram after playing for 30mins .. and one time it got real slow .. then I checked that the ram usage was up to 94.5% on gadget. So if you're a gamer then be safe add another 4GB. Now comes the trouble, Hp gives you a ram which is of a frequency of 1600MHz almost twice as expensive as a 1333 one. Must be frustrating because it barely adds upto the performance .. If you're using the laptop for normal tasks then 4GB is enough .. ram usage remains under 60% even opening 5-6 background apps and of course the crapware that comes installed with the machine ..

HP coolsense -- no idea how it works .. probably it does have a influence in cooling the laptop .. I'm not sure .. but yes the laptop remains cool under normal usage .. heats up real bad when playing, I have a cheap cooling pad but it's to little effect.. Only played GTA 4 on this .. using 12.8 catalyst mobility drivers .. never had any problem .. everything is high .. did some benchmarking .. I've uploaded the results here .

View attachment Benchmark1 GTA 4.txt
View attachment Benchmark2 GTA 4.txt

both benchmarkings are done with dual gpu disabled on high performance mode .. so it's basically using AMD 7670HD as far as my knowledge goes. the difference in fps is due to disabling night shadows and low anisotropic settings .. pretty smooth .. update to performance patch 1.4.

I have Hitachi HDD .. I don't know what's all this fuss about the hard disk specifications and performance but mine runs pretty okay .. Nothing to complain about.

Battery back up .. Hmm a tough one .. Well there will always be different views regarding this one .. because the battery laptops generally ships with although the same specs but some might have better backup owing to a lot of factors of temp and days after first use etc .. One time I had a power cut so I tested it with everything turned to low and in power saving mode .. got about 4 hours watching tv series on wmp. half the time I had wireless internet on. So one can probably max out to 5 hours doing absolutely nothing just reading an ebook on my machine..

Below are the benchmarks I did with passmark 8.0 software .. Best results I have posted here ..

CPU Test Results.jpg
Graphics.jpg

To conclude .. all in all a good buy but the processor is a bit of a letdown .. expected a bit better .. people who are comparing it to core i5 2nd gen are probably servants of AMD :mrgreen: it is core i3 3rd gen at best .. the clockspeed is a big letdown .. it would have been much more effective had it came with a 2.4GHz base speed The A8 also lacks the L3 cache which was unexpected from the new trinity series .. isn't gaming laptops supposed to be made to suck more power .. AMD designed this APU which will perform during gaming with turbo but well lacks the x-factor during normal tasks .. it does lag at times .. although it would perform better had it came with no OS because a lot of apps just stay in the ram during startup and never gets used ... but you can always disable them but yea .. I would rather take the high road :D

Top Bottom