HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

Hrishi

Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

For those wondering about Ci5 vs A10 , I found this good : " Intel Core i5 3210M vs AMD A10 4600M"
Very illustrative.:)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Oh what have you done, soon you'll be hounded by G lovers, /jk :p :p

Bring 'em on !! ;)

how about g4 ??

Not experienced personally, but shouldn't be much different.

Will it play games in good details @1366x768 resolution ??? Like BF3 at highest settings on 1366x768 resolution ??

Portability comes at a cost mate. So it's my genuine request to all laptop owners that don't expect nothing "highest" in a laptop, especially bf3 and the likes.

tkin

Back to school!!

For those wondering about Ci5 vs A10 , I found this good : " Intel Core i5 3210M vs AMD A10 4600M"
Very illustrative.:)
Here is proper benchmark comparing, sandy, ivy, i3 and i5 with A8 and A10: Intel Core i3-3110M Ivy Bridge versus i3-2370M Sandy Bridge (page 1: Sandy Bridge versus Ivy Bridge, Core i3 versus i5) - BeHardware

hiteshlastm

Broken In

Oh what have you done, soon you'll be hounded by G lovers, /jk :p :p

Nope, Nope I agree with Sujay, I have no experience with laptops still, i can presume that my 2010AX has one of the average displays,very refelctive and has very poor viewing angle, Its like a cheapest TN panel Display type.
The hardware is awesome tho, and only rarely you feel bad about the display

so many owners of Pavilion g6 series here.. can any1 confirm about the airflow direction in these laptops, whether these laptops suck in air from vents underneath the laptop or are they meant to give out air.

Well afa my experience is concerned, i think the vents at the bottom suck the air which hence is responsible for giving out hot air from the corner, correct me if i'm wrong

G4-2049tx is available on HP website for 35k. :) , lesser than Fk.
I wonder why a10 model is priced higher than the ci5 , even though ci5 is much better practically.

Maybe these can be the reasons, 14 vs 15.6 inches, 500GB+ HDD, +2 GB RAM, Extra video memory, New hike about the A10.

Also when i bought the laptop there was a 900mb partition , i am not able to delete it. can some one point me to the right direction ?
Personally i never tried it, but i'm very sure that booting up with a good partition program can delete it.
Moreover, There is a question too, What does this 900 MB contains ???

Simply call the toll free number written on laptop and file a case saying that the laptop is overheating. The service man will come and he will clean the fan and apply fresh coat of thermal paste

Having the same issue, just a question, How long will it take for this HP's thermal compound to dry up ( Few Months ! )
Can we apply our own good Quality thermal compound like Artic Silver 5 after the warranty. ?

Absolutely.

and is it worth to pay a 6.5 K + amount of money for extended warranty cause this is the price they are offering it to me ....

soyab0007

In the zone

I am getting 7 months used HP G6 2005 ax with 2 year extended warranty at 29000rs?

Is it a good deal?

anky

Youngling

hello frnds.....after i formatted my laptop and installed windows 7 64bit...many of the exe files are not running....i get a window with msg
check online for solution
close the program
now i am unable to play any game..i have formatted my lappy twice but with no solution....now what to do...

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

I am getting 7 months used HP G6 2005 ax with 2 year extended warranty at 29000rs?

Is it a good deal?

used laptops are to be avoided for multiple reasons.

hello frnds.....after i formatted my laptop and installed windows 7 64bit...many of the exe files are not running....i get a window with msg
check online for solution
close the program
now i am unable to play any game..i have formatted my lappy twice but with no solution....now what to do...

any error being shown?

anky

Youngling

just a window is opened titledd 'windows cannot open the program' in which there are two options-
1. check online for solution
2. close the program

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

just a window is opened titledd 'windows cannot open the program' in which there are two options-
1. check online for solution
2. close the program

are you trying to open newly installed games or ones that were installed before you reinstalled windows?

anky

Youngling

both...it is not working in either of the cases...

anky

Youngling

i will post a screen shot...maybe that can help

Untitled.png

this is screenshot..
thank you sam, it was a virus, i scanned it with norton and now all issues are rsolved..

Last edited:

john12

Broken In

i have windows 8 pro and im confused whether to upgrade or do clean install on my laptop hp g6 2005ax..can anyone share their experiences.thnks

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

i have windows 8 pro and im confused whether to upgrade or do clean install on my laptop hp g6 2005ax..can anyone share their experiences.thnks

upgrade and then delete the windows.old folder.

How is microsoft essentials antivirus?

MS Essential is simple no nonsense A/V but those who like to tweak the settings won't like it much. Also the detection is not that great according to virus bulletin.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

^^ avast! ; AVG; Avira are the best 3 FREE anti-virus tools out there...there are others also...

Top Bottom