HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: HP Pavilion G6 20xx/22xx/23xxAX - powered by Trinity

Download and install latest patch.

And let me give you a free advice, laptops have compatibility issues with many games, so recommended you get a 'demo' first and then buy the game.

firoz3321

Broken In

Go to Documents > Criterion Games > NFS: MW > config. Open it with notepad and change the "Lockto30" setting to true.

It fixed gameplay somewhat on my GTX580 and another 7950 as well.

I am getting 14 fps :( well the game looks playable but 14 fps looks too less to me.

Any ways , can some one please direct me to the right drivers for my lappy : 2313ax , so far i tried 2 different drivers each 150+ mb , looks like i am simply wasting my bandwidth.

Kindly help me

Thanks in advance

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

MW 2012 lags in my pc as well. Googled a lot and found that problem is that the FPS drop is not related to details as the game is almost unplayable at any and all settings even with the config file edits or turning off HDR. Multiple updates were launched but haven't tested with them.

akhilgopal

Right off the assembly line

Planning to order G6-2314AX from FK. I will be basically using for :
1. Browsing .
2. Dad will be using for Office document editing n all.
3. Movies, Videos, 720/1080p.
4. May run some CADD softwares.

I wont be gaming most probably, coz i have a PS3 to get that job done. Still, i will run few games which are PC exclusives like Witcher and all. So, is this laptop enough for meeting my requirements ? Or should i look for a i5 one ? I wont be using for video editing and such stuff. Many already recommended me to go for this. Found this thread, so thought i should ask here as well.

But, one issue is, i cannot find any drivers to 2314AX in hp site. But, i guess 2005ax was basically the same one. I found its drivers for Win8/7 . So, I can use those drivers na ?

firoz3321

Broken In

kindly help me find bluetooth drivers for windows 8 64 bit for 2313ax.

My laptop came with a 900 mb partition, which i am not able to delete. any ideas ?

Also when i bought the laptop there was a 900mb partition , i am not able to delete it. can some one point me to the right direction ?

firoz3321

Broken In

Please help me with Bluetooth Drivers :(

finally these drivers worked for me : Ralink Bluetooth Software Driver sp59632

smile.akarsh

Right off the assembly line

hi guys i owned a 2313ax n installed win7 64bit n all the supporting drivers but still it says "standard vga graphics driver/video card missing" n due to this i can't run or install any app or game in my lappy. Even the aero is also not working.. anyone pls help me out..:(

Hrishi

Which model out of all these offers Best Frame Rates in most of the recent games ???

ALso whether Core I5(IVB) + 7670M is faster or Core I5(IVB)+GT 630M is faster ???
I won't be going for the A8 or A10 due to their inferior raw processing power .

tkin

Back to school!!

Which model out of all these offers Best Frame Rates in most of the recent games ???

ALso whether Core I5(IVB) + 7670M is faster or Core I5(IVB)+GT 630M is faster ???
I won't be going for the A8 or A10 due to their inferior raw processing power .
i5+7670m can be had for 36k only, check out flipkart for 2049TX.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

hi guys i owned a 2313ax n installed win7 64bit n all the supporting drivers but still it says "standard vga graphics driver/video card missing" n due to this i can't run or install any app or game in my lappy. Even the aero is also not working.. anyone pls help me out..:(
Download the latest Catalyst Mobility drivers from AMD's website.

Hrishi

i5+7670m can be had for 36k only, check out flipkart for 2049TX.
Thanks Tkin. SO 7670 is better than 630M right ?
Also are there any models with 2GB VRAM ?? Want to play with high textures and details so higher VRAM should be helpful , I think.

Also are there any upcoming models within 40-42k in next month ??
I will go to Nehru Palace , there laptops are usually cheaper than on Flipkart. Since its the IT market Hub so , can expect atleast 2-3k lesser than Online Price.

Additionaly , are there any previous generation Core I7 Laptops with Decent graphics , under that price tag ??

tkin

Back to school!!

Thanks Tkin. SO 7670 is better than 630M right ?
Also are there any models with 2GB VRAM ?? Want to play with high textures and details so higher VRAM should be helpful , I think.

Also are there any upcoming models within 40-42k in next month ??
I will go to Nehru Palace , there laptops are usually cheaper than on Flipkart. Since its the IT market Hub so , can expect atleast 2-3k lesser than Online Price.

Additionaly , are there any previous generation Core I7 Laptops with Decent graphics , under that price tag ??
A. No mobile GPU under GT670m can use 2GB VRAM, so forget it.
B. No, no new models are coming afaik.
C. 2049TX is actually cheaper in flipkart, as they are giving an amazing discount with it. It will be costlier in neheru place.
D. No i5 laptops comes under 40k with 7670/GT630m, except that, forget i7.

You could get i5+GT630m and GT630m is near 7670m, just 2-4% slower only:

Acer Aspire V3 571G Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) (NX.RZJSI.006) - Acer: Flipkart.com

Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333346) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Also 2049TX is 14", are you ok with a 14" laptop? If not go for the i5+630 based laptops I had given.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

There's a samsung laptop at 40k with second gen i7, but not good dGPU though, still a steal for the needy.

Hrishi

A. No mobile GPU under GT670m can use 2GB VRAM, so forget it.
B. No, no new models are coming afaik.
C. 2049TX is actually cheaper in flipkart, as they are giving an amazing discount with it. It will be costlier in neheru place.
D. No i5 laptops comes under 40k with 7670/GT630m, except that, forget i7.

You could get i5+GT630m and GT630m is near 7670m, just 2-4% slower only:

Acer Aspire V3 571G Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Linux/ 1GB Graph) (NX.RZJSI.006) - Acer: Flipkart.com

Lenovo Ideapad Z580 (59-333346) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win7 HB) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

Also 2049TX is 14", are you ok with a 14" laptop? If not go for the i5+630 based laptops I had given.
Great , looks like you cleared most of my doubts . :)
I would go for the 2049TX since I am okay with the 14" Screen[15.6" seems little bulky to me, and I will buy an External FHD monitor], though I will check the pricing at N.P. once before ordering from FK.

i have bought 'HITMAN Absolution' to play it on my 'HP G6 2301AX'....
I installed it but when i am opening it to play nothing happening.
i had checked system requirement for 'HITMAN Absolution' on 'systemrequirementslab' and i passed it.....
when i Google about it i got that 'HITMAN Absolution' does not support 'windows 8' but some people on Google is telling that it supports also i saw on 'YouTube' that it supports.....

Has any one played it on HP g6 2301ax OR have you any solution.........

PLZ tell me i dying without playing it.........

The problem is not with lappy. Update it with latest patch.

Great , looks like you cleared most of my doubts . :)
I would go for the 2049TX since I am okay with the 14" Screen[15.6" seems little bulky to me, and I will buy an External FHD monitor], though I will check the pricing at N.P. once before ordering from FK.
7670 is not powerful enough for gaming at fhd. And games look crap if you play them at a resolution lower than that of monitor. :(

z3rO

Journeyman

so many owners of Pavilion g6 series here.. can any1 confirm about the airflow direction in these laptops, whether these laptops suck in air from vents underneath the laptop or are they meant to give out air.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Honestly, g6 series have got a bad display, with very poor viewing angle. Watching movie along with friends is a PITA. Keyboard also seems fragile and shaky, but pretty OK.

tkin

Back to school!!

Honestly, g6 series have got a bad display, with very poor viewing angle. Watching movie along with friends is a PITA. Keyboard also seems fragile and shaky, but pretty OK.
Oh what have you done, soon you'll be hounded by G lovers, /jk :p :p

Hrishi

G4-2049tx is available on HP website for 35k. :) , lesser than Fk.
I wonder why a10 model is priced higher than the ci5 , even though ci5 is much better practically.

how about g4 ??

7670 is not powerful enough for gaming at fhd. And games look crap if you play them at a resolution lower than that of monitor. :(
Will it play games in good details @1366x768 resolution ??? Like BF3 at highest settings on 1366x768 resolution ??

tkin

Back to school!!

G4-2049tx is available on HP website for 35k. :) , lesser than Fk.
I wonder why a10 model is priced higher than the ci5 , even though ci5 is much better practically.

how about g4 ??

Will it play games in good details @1366x768 resolution ??? Like BF3 at highest settings on 1366x768 resolution ??
Low mid only: AMD Radeon HD 7670M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

Top Bottom