HP DV6-6165tx vs HP DV4-3145tx ?????

amirtaraj

Broken In
Hi,
I am looking for a replacement to my prev. Gen DV6(in my sig.)
Main requirements:
1.Gaming:GTA4,Crysis,COD,NFS,Battlefield etc etc
2.AutoCAD Civil,also 3D in future
3.Battery life of atleast 3Hours using Wifi web browsing at College :) (The main reason ffor swap!)

So please suggest me either DV6 or DV4 or any others also which can tick all my requirements.
Thanks.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Red dragon needs to see this thread. :D :lol:

DV6 will give you better performance. DV4 will be smaller and cheaper.

You might want to replace the battery in your current DV6. Batteries tend to decay over time.
You can check its status using Osiris Development - Home of BatteryBar, the most accurate battery meter for Windows

OP
A

amirtaraj

Broken In
Also another question,
As now DV6 does not have that OpenGL issue but this DV4 has it as reported in this thread,
So can Photoshop or other such light OpenGL apps I use can it be atleast run on IntelHD?
And thanks for the Batterybar!

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
The OpenGL issue was that OpenGL didn't kick in the dGPU, so they ran on the IntelHD. This has been fixed though.

OP
A

amirtaraj

Broken In
Thanks for clarifying I will be getting DV6-6165tx by this month as my 3050tx is sold out for 25k (i7 helped me) :smile:

red dragon

Master troll
Red dragon needs to see this thread. :D :lol:

DV6 will give you better performance. DV4 will be smaller and cheaper.
Seen it bro!All the best o.p!!
BTW anyone here bought the extended warranty directly from hp?
Asking the same question over and over again,so many dv6 users,no one bothers to answer a simple question.
HP in Kolkata is NOT providing any extended warranty on dv6 series,I called them up before diwali to confirm and they had no clue as usual.

Last edited:
OP
A

amirtaraj

Broken In
Dont forget to extend warranty to 3 (1+2) years. Will cost around 5.5K.

Here in Mysore they are quoting the price of Laptop as 58.5k with some MTS Wireless Broadband(which I don't need) So is Getting Laptop from Flipkart can I get Extended warranty from HP?

red dragon

Master troll
^^Do you know anyone,who has been able to buy the extended warranty from HP?
If HP is really(which I doubt)providing the warranty,buying from Flipkart probably wont be a problem.
A friend bought a Vaio from Flipkart and the extended warranty locally without any problem.
But with HP nothing is for sure!!

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^I was offered extended warranty from HP through its customer care for a compaq laptop around an year ago. But i denied it.

red dragon

Master troll
Yes,even I know couple of friends got extended warranty for Compaq and probooks.
It the dv6 series which is usually denied extended warranty.

OP
A

amirtaraj

Broken In
^^Do you know anyone,who has been able to buy the extended warranty from HP?
If HP is really(which I doubt)providing the warranty,buying from Flipkart probably wont be a problem.
A friend bought a Vaio from Flipkart and the extended warranty locally without any problem.
But with HP nothing is for sure!!

Then will confirm with HP

But its very sad, AFAIK no company covers battery+charger in extended warranty :(

Battery+Charger=2k+1.5K, so

Top Bottom