Howto resize partition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hi,
I've windows installed in my (C) drive and a separate drive (D) for Program files.
C is of 7 GB and D is of 15 GB.
I want to resize my C drive to 12 GB. How do I do it?
O.S. currently in use WinXP with SP3.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Let's clear up a couple of points first.

1. By "Program files", do you mean the folder "Program Files" that Windows creates automatically in C: and you have somehow moved it to D: ? OR do you mean other data that you store in D: and are not installed programs ?

2. How much of the 15GB in D: is currently used ? And how much of the 7GB in C: ?

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Let's clear up a couple of points first.

1. By "Program files", do you mean the folder "Program Files" that Windows creates automatically in C: and you have somehow moved it to D: ? OR do you mean other data that you store in D: and are not installed programs ?

2. How much of the 15GB in D: is currently used ? And how much of the 7GB in C: ?

1>By "Program Files" I mean program files folder which windows creates in C drive, I've redirected it to D drive. Used a registry tweak.
2> C Drive: Free 5.27GB and D drive:12.4 GB.

Use Gparted
*gparted.sourceforge.net
It's free and open source

I've a very much stable OS right now (means at least for last 1 month didn't need to format:D)

So, my question is that, can it be used without hampering existing file system??

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I've a very much stable OS right now (means at least for last 1 month didn't need to format:D)

So, my question is that, can it be used without hampering existing file system??

Back up your system partition using a hard disk imaging tool, and burn it to a dvd or cd

Then resize

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom