How to Transfer Money to USA??? - Urgent Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Hey friends,

Recently my friend sent some goodies to me from USA. I want to pay him. The payment is around 13500/-

I don't have credit card and neither a Verified Paypal account (with NO Balance). Is it possible to send money by means of Debit Card (I have SBI debit cum ATM Card) or Money Order or Check?

If yes, how can I send any of the above in Dollars from here. I never transferred Money outside India, so please help me.

Please help me it's urgent

- Wishes

din

Tribal Boy
1. I do not think we can use Western Union to send money, but I could be wrong.

2. Using SBI account, that is NEFT / RGTS will not allow the account holder to send money abroad.

There are many Digit forum members who reside in the US. They may be able to suggest more on this.

Check will work, but it may take some time to get it cleared.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
1. I do not think we can use Western Union to send money, but I could be wrong.
Ummmm.....I don't know much about WesternUnion but I've heard, it is used to receive money and my common sense says that, until and unless someone sends money u can't receive.

2. Using SBI account, that is NEFT / RGTS will not allow the account holder to send money abroad.
Agreed, but if the guy holds any Indian bank account, mrintech can transfer to that account, he(the guy who mrintech wants send money) can always check his account if the money is transfered or not. Then its upon him, how he handles the money.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@Din, got it...u were right. Western Union doesn't support sending money from India.
*www.westernunion.com/info/faqMT.asp?country=IN#tstfaq0_3

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Hey apart from sending the Money to my friend I also wanna pay money to dreamhost for new host.Here's the dreamhost payment wiki: *wiki.dreamhost.com/Payment_methods

Please guide me with this also. I think same problem with this also.

din

Tribal Boy
I think the best way is Paypl, Yes, I know you do not have a paypal account, but you can contact any of your close friends who is having a paypal account. You can transfer money to his account and ask him to pay using paypal - to your friend as well as dreamhost.

Do you have any friends in the USA ?

paid

Journeyman
I used Axis Bank they made a cheque of Chase Manhatten bank payable at U.S. of the said amount and charged around 100 Rs. as fees

din

Tribal Boy
Yes, cheque will sure work.

Money order - I think it should be international MO and not the normal MO we use in India.

International postal money order - that you get in supermarkets in the USA - will work, that is why I asked him whether he has any friends in the USA.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
I think the best way is Paypl, Yes, I know you do not have a paypal account, but you can contact any of your close friends who is having a paypal account. You can transfer money to his account and ask him to pay using paypal - to your friend as well as dreamhost.

Do you have any friends in the USA ?
Will have to inquire about this.
I used Axis Bank they made a cheque of Chase Manhatten bank payable at U.S. of the said amount and charged around 100 Rs. as fees

This option is Good. So I must contact dreamhost regarding this....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Send it via paypal!
You can verify your paypal account via VCC.

many are saying that VCC no more work for paypal verification.

paypal will not help you... because you don't have credit card.. and so you cannot add fund in your paypal account.

Last edited:

paid

Journeyman
you may also get the SWIFT code of the target bank and get it transferred instantly through Axis/HDFC/ICICI Bank

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Can anyone tell me the Process for payment through Check?

and How much time it will take to get cleared and also tell me in which format I must write the Money Amount i.e. in Dollars or in Rupees?

Also is there any sort of currency conversion cost?

din

Tribal Boy
Virtual cards stopped once, but they are working fine again now. You can go for it. I mean for paypal verification.

More on VCC

Just 100Rs is needed it seems !! I mean for the bank account !

Kotak Mahindra - Easy Saving Accounts (No Frills Account)

Fees and charges

Kotak Mahindra -netc@rd

Credits - a_k_s_h_a_y

HDFC VCC

@Paid

SWIFT may work, but dreamhost is not accepting wire-transfer. So that will not be of much use isn't it ?

Anyway HDFC SWIFT link

@ravi_9793

VCC started working again for Paypal verification.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom