How to improve file copying speed on Windows 7 ?

Anurag Singh

Right off the assembly line
If are really serious about increasing your file transfer speed then I would suggest you try GS Richcopy 360. It provides 100% multi threaded file transfer and even lets you automate your file transfer. There are many features in it that the listed software here doesn't provide. Give it a try, hope it helps!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For all of the file copying softwares I've tried none of them are a lot better than windows copying speed as it greatly depends upon hardware limitation.

The only reason file copying softwares are useful to me is for the feature of pausing and resuming an active transfer.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
For all of the file copying softwares I've tried none of them are a lot better than windows copying speed as it greatly depends upon hardware limitation.

The only reason file copying softwares are useful to me is for the feature of pausing and resuming an active transfer.
Same with all the people trying to increase internet speeds lol... change the plan first

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
More than speed I wanted software that can copy files & folders with exactly same time stamps(created date,modified date etc) & turned out it is much harder to do compared to finding free copying software with pause/resume etc.Even now the only 2 free tools I found worth using were made years ago but the plus side is that both are based on MS own tool.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Supercopier at the bottom, in the list shared by Nanducob.

FastCopy 2.08 (57 seconds)
ExtremeCopy Pro 1.5.1 (57 seconds) *
TeraCopy 2.12 (65 seconds) *
RichCopy 4.0.217 (66 seconds) *
KillCopy 2.85 (74 seconds)
Ultracopier 0.2.0.15 (75 seconds)
PerigeeCopy 1.2 (75 seconds) *
Robocopy (75 seconds)
Windows 7 (76 seconds)
Copy Handler 1.32.276 (77 seconds) *
MiniCopier 0.5 (79 seconds)
Copywhiz 4.0 Build 3 (82 seconds)
SuperCopier 2.2 (86 seconds) *
Roadkil’s Unstoppable Copier 5.2 (86 seconds)
QCopy 1.0.2 (409 seconds)
Any 3rd party tool can be used but minimum 8GB RAM is needed for such software to accomplish its purpose. Less RAM means slow copy speeds which ever tool you use.

Top Bottom