How to get Unlimited Bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
This just came to my mind :D
We all know that internet is not owned by anyone so can't we do something (heavy initial cost of installation) like setting a server that directly links to internet network and get unlimited bandwidth at amazing speed?

C'mon guys tel me!
just wanna knw!
dont hav dat much $$ to implement it!:D :D

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
The thing is even if you set up a server, you still have to connect that server to the internet. If you plan on physically establishing connections with various other global networks, either by laying out cables or by some other way, congratulations... you are the next new ISP. :D

Currently the major ISPs are huge telecom giants that have the network coverage to not only connect users but also connect themselves to other networks across the globe. There are various technologies used to just establish a connection over the Net. Of course, implementing all this costs a ridiculous amount of money.

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
Apollo said:
The thing is even if you set up a server, you still have to connect that server to the internet. If you plan on physically establishing connections with various other global networks, either by laying out cables or by some other way, congratulations... you are the next new ISP. :D

Currently the major ISPs are huge telecom giants that have the network coverage to not only connect users but also connect themselves to other networks across the globe. There are various technologies used to just establish a connection over the Net. Of course, implementing all this costs a ridiculous amount of money.

How much will be da capital required? (Any Idea) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

outlaw

De@d
a better idea wud be going wireless.. u know satellite and stuff....

i donno anything about it.. juzz saying.....

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
^^just get a connection like kalpik uses in his office, the download speeds are more than write speeds of his pen drive. If u get a better connection , no use because write speeds of your HDD will be slower than that.
LOL.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
connecting directly to Internet !!!

umm...

OK... ICANN is where u have to take ur self !!

anyway, lets see 1st what ISP's have to do...

You hve to obtain licence to be one ISP (Internet Service Provider), then u have to access service from a regional or national backbone provider....

In india, its BSNL or VSNL and now Reliance is commping up....

Now if u have enough money to get ur self one own Landing station (means own Fiber Network from ur place to a global Backbone) then u can access services of Global Backbone providers !!!!

(360networks, AboveNet, AT&T, Btnaccess Bell Canada BellSouth Cogent Electric Lightwave Fiber Network Solutions Global Crossing GlobalNAPs Globix
GT (Canada) IDT Corporation Level 3 McLeodUSA Multacom Mzima Netifice Oxford Networks PPL Telcom Quest (Asia) Qwest Comm. SAVVIS Sonic.net Sprint Wholesale Teleglobe (VSNL) TeliaSonera Telstra Inc. (Asia, USA) Time Warner Telecom Verio (NTT) Verizon Business XO Comm. Xspedius)

Cost !!! well its u who decide it man... it depends on ur need !!!!

OK... Lets go More higher, how u become a backbone !!!! :)

What is Backbone ?? well my self me also have very little idea, so i would be able to give very little info what I know !!!

A Backbone can be compair with a Huge or large LAN (which becomes wan when spred in huge area) in Very Very high speed fiber optic connection...

Suppose, u connect all indian states, Citys and every possible place in a High speed (OFC) network, (off couse u need to have a GOVT permission) and U get in touch with ICANN (internet governing boby responsible for networking between Backbone networks) to obtain a 3rd level IP range...

U set up multiple Landing station to Connected to other Backbones, through each and other.... U become a Backbone !!!!

So what it will be for u ??

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
Thats the best reply for this thread!
thanks cheetah!:D
u earned ma respect!!
Can anyone tell me about the wireless solutions for internet? (Mobile n Fixed both)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Can anyone tell me about the wireless solutions for internet? (Mobile n Fixed both)

Once again the question is how high u want to go ??

Common connection or again some thing like becmoing one Wireless ISP :lol:

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
I want to knw as a user dis time!
What are the ways I can get wireless connectivity?
(I live in a govt campus where only 1 sardar is allowed to lay da cabling and he charges too much. I am paying Rs.636 for 64Kbps capped connection)

So m looking for a wireless net!
Dont suggest me dose lappy data cards!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Dont suggest me dose lappy data cards!

There is no other option :( apart from Data Cards :p or AirTel Mobile Office Internet for Rs. 250 or may be high in ur place :p

Speeds are fair enough when having an EDGE handset :p

apart from that, u may opto for reguler Reliance / TATA CDMA connection some Rs 33/- per hours !!!

or TATA Plans for Unlimited Rs 1500 for 144 kbps CDMA speeds around 80 to 90 real time (Download speeds 10 to 12 kbps)

Or else would be some thing out of Budget !!! *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Internet_access

:(

47shailesh

Security Exp
^^ Cheetah few Corrections..

BSNL & Reliance are local player..Reliance is still trying to compete with VSNL but it will take him years.. VSNL is the India's Network Gateway to the outerworld.. Whatever traffic is generated either by BSNL, Reliance are routed to VSNL Routers and then to the outer world..

Secondly ICANN is only responsible for names and naming.

Reliance had though laid a fibre route to connect to outside world. but still is far behind VSNL..

And
@ashfame internet is not owned, but is by those who brings it to you.. it's by whom(like VSNL & AT&T etc) who provide connectivity to core DNS and connects to rest of the World's hetrogenous Network..

So if you want not to pay to anyone than you have to lay Whole setup like that owned by VSNL... And even after that maintainance have the huge bills, that burns deep holes in ur pocket(though u can't afford that much in pocket :) ) ...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@47shailesh

BSNL & Reliance are local player..

Sorry, may be u know better than me, as I got the Info's few months back from Wiki !!!

Let me find the link once again, *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_backbone , I guess these days, Wiki's are not trust worthy !!!

but in any way, I said they are both National Backbone Providers !!! I never said both have their own Landing station getway to connect to other networks, as I said, u get connected to the Global Backbone through each other !!! in BSNL's Case they use VSNL getways !!!

also with Reliance for an Hands on Exp, If i connected with Relaince CDMA here at Kolkata, and run Tracert on a US based site, I dont pass through any VSNL router !!! :(

And about BSNL, yes mate, they are one of, National Backbone provider !!! but for Global routing BSNL uses VSNL getway / Access pooints / landing stations....

Secondly ICANN is only responsible for names and naming.

So ?? I said, to obtain a 3rd leve IP address range one would need to contact ICANN !!! any thing wrong in it ??

ICANN not only Manages Domain Naming, but it is directly resposnible for Networking between National and Global Backbone providers...

*www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom