How to find out If keylogger is insalled ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i am just curiuos to know how to find out if there is a keylogger or sping software installed in the system...

is there a software to detect it...

i am not asking for antispyware software like spybot seach and destroy stuff...

the keylogger software instlled by poeson say in interent cafe.... or anyother place...

i know you can surpass these keyloggers by using on screennk eyboad.. i wany to know whether there is any softeware to detect these ...???

karmanya

Journeyman
theres a simple way to detect keyloggers.
1. disconnect your internet
2. open notepad and type a long string of meaningless letters/numbers
3. close the notepad file without saving
4. Run your desktop search (under windows xp start/search) and enter the first couple of digits of the string you had typed.
If no results are found then you should not have a keylogger.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
no its not about out bound traffic.. wht if the owner of the internet cafe has installed???

since i run adsense and other banking ( online) i need to be secure... andwant to know wether they have installed the keylogger software....

prasad_den

Padawan
How about checking the processes that are currently running in the task manager..? If you are really worried, then run portable software from your pen drive, and use some encrypting tool also.. like using firefox along with keyscrambler extension..
*www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Keylogger-Monitoring/KeyScrambler-Personal.shtml

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Well as far as I have heard, if u have popular anti virus like avast installed on pc then thy detect key logger really easily..

I m not much sure abt it so pls........ chk! I might b wrong..maybe the owner could manually exclude the antivirus to ignore the process.

adi007

Youngling
no its not about out bound traffic.. wht if the owner of the internet cafe has installed???

since i run adsense and other banking ( online) i need to be secure... andwant to know wether they have installed the keylogger software....

Just one thing ...
TRY AVOIDING ACCESSING VITAL SITES FROM CAFE
really they will give u restricted accounts and there is no way to find out whether there is key logger or not..
I didn't knew that u were asking in case of cafe

karmanya

Journeyman
just incidentally, the search tip is an old digit one. proof, that its not completely bullshit yet, just getting there.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@karma
You cant expect keyloggers to store all keys just in plain text. Most plain ones programmed by script kiddies store it under C:\ But if they have a very simple encryption, you cant search for it anymore :) So, you might have a nice keylogger recording whatever you're doing now. Hehe :D

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
yes todays keyloggers are well designed whioch even has a self defense shield to protect it from being detected...

please help guys...

isnt there any one software out there ???

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Instead on relying on Stupid pieces of code to protect your hard earned money
AVOIDING internet from cyber cafe is thing i would do.

rest all solutions are not worthwhile.

here the solutions i would have used in case of emergency.(Listed in order of safety)
1) Take my Laptop with me to cafe, and connect it to internet(Best choice)
2) Install Linux in Pendrive. more information on pendriveLinux.com. now use this pendrive to boot into Linux which is completely immune to malware . but most Cyber cafe owners won't allow this. so ask before doing so.
3) Carry a Nice portable Virus scanner & other security software.
4) Now if you are sure that The computer you are working has a keylogger. them Please stop using it.
Still if want to do your work. then
Open Wordpad or Notepad. type all letters from A-Z.
Now copy & paste required letter one by one. this way the key logger won't have anything useful to capture. Though i can't guarantee this method would work 100%. use at your own risk.

Still, i would recommend not using Internet from Cyber cafes

hansraj

In the zone
@prasad den
any such extension or software for ie... the one u have posted seems to be for firefox

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
There are things known as Anti-Keyloggers

You can install them, and they will detect Key loggers for you...

prasad_den

Padawan
@prasad den
any such extension or software for ie... the one u have posted seems to be for firefox
Actually the personal edition of the softtware works for both IE and FF. You need the professional paid edition of you want to use it for other browsers and mail clients.
The reason I suggested FF was that you can a portable edition in a pendrive - it leaves no traces on the PC you use. :)

*www.qfxsoftware.com/

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Maybe u can avoid using the keyboard altogether and use Windows' On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) in cases where u hv a suspicion that ur keystrokes might be recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom