How to extract encrypted files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhat

Mad and Furious
I recently formatted my computer. I had encrypted a folder, using Win XP's encryption. But I forgot to decrypt it, before installation. Someone please tell me, how to extract the files from such encrypted folders as they contain very valuable information? Also, does formatting, also erase the my docs folder placed on another partition??

aj27july

Journeyman
look in the FAQ section of the software's website
or maybe contact the program's developers through the website.

and next time do not use these stupid programs. Use TRUE-CRYPT. Its free and open source. And you can recover the files(if they are not on c drive) if you format c: as the encrypted files are placed in well protected Safes.

OP
redhat

redhat

Mad and Furious
I used the inbuilt encryption feature in Windows XP. Not any other program! The encryption feature that prevents your data from being accessed by any other user on that computer. I formatted my drive, now how do I access those folders which I had encrypted before i formatted my drive!

OP
redhat

redhat

Mad and Furious
Yes, my file system was and is till NTFS. No, I did not lose the data in formatting! It was on a different drive, and I had encrypted it. I formatted my system drive, and now im unable to access the encrypted folder from the other drive!

mohit sharma

Journeyman
use software " GetDataback4NTFS " and recover the encrypted folder as like u are recovering portion of hard drive , this software will recover encrypted files as usual normal files :)

remember this software isn't a freeware and u know what :p

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
The inbuilt EFS (Encrypting File System) in Windows XP
requires a Data Recovery Agent to be created for recovery

Also it encrypts using a user's SID and GUID
So if you format your comp after encrypting, u will lose your data as its irrecoverable

mohit sharma

Journeyman
techtronic said:
The inbuilt EFS (Encrypting File System) in Windows XP
requires a Data Recovery Agent to be created for recovery

Also it encrypts using a user's SID and GUID
So if you format your comp after encrypting, u will lose your data as its irrecoverable

believe i had recovered it even after formatting , many times , using procedure told above !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom